PDA

View Full Version : What I think should be in Zquest

sps999
02-10-2009, 11:44 PM
I posted this in what I think should be in ZCL, by accident, and didn't find any Zquest posts, so here is what I think, which is minor, should be in Zquest, and don't worry, I don't need MP3's in my quest.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I would like to see a Paste Specific to All, so that I can paste a specific detail to every room on the map, not just either the room design or the whole room. This is because I was making a game with waves of enemies that come in, and I have all the enemies, tile warps, and screen data for the screens, and I realized I left the secret sound on, which really ruins the game. I think (may not be right) this would be really easy to pull off and would like to see it in any later builds.

Also, I want to see an option to import/export enemies and items for use in other games, I'm tired of having to remake all these enemies over and over again for all my projects. I'm not sure if there is a subscreen import/export, but if there isn't, I would like to see that.

I hope you take my post into serious consideration.

--------------EDIT----------------
Sorry bout the title misspelling, don't think I can change that now.

Nicholas Steel
02-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Hit "edit" then "advanced" you can change the title of the thread there :) or iirc, "Thread Tools" at the top right of your original post.

Joe123
02-19-2009, 06:24 AM
As far as I'm aware, we already have a 'Paste All to All' command.

_L_
02-19-2009, 06:32 AM
He means a "Paste Only Freeform Combos To All" sort of command.

Joe123
02-19-2009, 06:41 AM
Oh right.
Surely that wouldn't work very well with screens that haven't had any combos placed on them at all (so they're still blue)?

EDIT:
Although, if you were making a side-scrolling game I can see the advantages.

_L_
02-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Someone who needs the exact same FFC script to run on each screen is a someone who should invest in global scripts!

But sometimes you just need FFCs themselves to be on each screen.

CaRmAgE
02-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Hmm... Being able to paste specific elements of a board individually instead of all at once (like "Paste only Enemies" or "Paste only Screen Data," etc.). Sort of like a "catch all" command, I'm guessing? I, for one, would think that it could be a helpful feature.

sps999
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Although, if you were making a side-scrolling game I can see the advantages.

Yes, imagine doing all the sidecrolling then forgeting to set "Side-View Gravity" on every screen.

Zonhin
02-20-2009, 10:39 AM
a quest rule to make sidescrolling default would be nice :)