PDA

View Full Version : [Winter 09] End of Time Deluxe (unofficial EoT)

Moo2wo
02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Well, I haven't announced it yet (well, I have...but I doubt anybody reads the original EoT thread anymore) so here goes it... Pineconn hasn't worked on his remake in a while, so the only major tileset we don't have an EoT remake in is *BS*. Well, not anymore. I recently finished Level 2, and have started Level 3. I'll see if I can put the demo up on MegaUpload, but probably won't. So, see ya' until somebody asks a question/I finish Level 3! Whatever is first...

Edit: Here it is. (This URL has been deleted, due to a bug in the game)
Edit: Ignore the cave on the second screen. That was for my buddy who didn't know how to use ZC.
Edit: Don't use that link. I found a bug. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q7PX1720 Well, not really a bug. A stupid mistake on my part involving side-warping out of Wooded Hallow. Please use ZC 2.10. I'm not sure about any version after.

Russ
02-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Would you mmind uploading it to MediaFire? That site you used doesn't work for me.

Moo2wo
02-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Sure, it's 10:30 so I might do it real quick right now, or early tommorow.

Edit: Here it is on MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=18d957aa03cac32500d27174b47c6657e04e75f6 e8ebb871. The demo includes the small 3x3 overworld (one extra screen isn't accesible without the Level 4 cheat), Level 1, and Truth Cave. Oh, and a mountain scene inbetween Truth Cave and Level 1 that has the Lvl. 2 Sword, and Level 1 blowing up!:cool:

Moo2wo
02-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Lvl. 3 is nearly finished. Also, here's the Lvl. 4 cheat:

-=SPOILER=-

Russ
02-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Okay, I just played the demo.

First of all, I'm confused. What happens to warp you to truth cave? And, why is the second sword and truth cave and blue ring right after level 1?

Furthermore, the game is too hard. Too many bats and such in level 1. Especially the wizrobe and bubble.

And, there's a glitch. In the room one up and one left from level 1's start, bombs are supposed to appear when you kill the bat, but they don't, which makes it harder to get to the boomerang.

Overall, it's okay, but it needs some improvements.

Moo2wo
02-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I know it's difficult. In the final version, the enemy's are easier. Also, in Truth Cave, it gives you the Lvl. 2 sword and Lvl. 1 ring because those are the items you're expected to have at that point in EoT. The reason there are no bombs in the room diagonal from the starting room are because I didn't have the password to EoT at that point, and didn't know you got bombs. And you are expected to buy bombs with the secret money room behind the tree and the start room. I'm sorry you thought it was hard. I'll re-release it with easier enemies.

Edit: It takes you to Truth Cave because I thought the demo was left short, and put that in to make up for it. Here's the (easy) link for MegaUpload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UAFYKRT2
MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=18d957aa03cac32500d27174b47c6657fc6cbcdb 120d0083c95965eaa7bc68bc

By the way, I won't be online for an hour because I'll be working on concept art for it, just for the hey of it. Aquamentus is done and I'm halfway through Dodongo.

Russ
02-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Okay, I just talked to Pineconn. His remake isn't going to be worked on anytime soon, so, if you want, I can help you with this one. I know every single thing there is to know about EoT (I've literally disected the quest file), and I've come up with an improved storyline as well as many custom boss ideas for it. So, what do you say? Would you like my help?

Moo2wo
02-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Sure. The only idea I don't want is the custom bosses. I'm using 2.10, and all the 2.5 alphas and builds won't work on my computer. I have no clue what [my computer] is. Saddly enough, 2.11 b16 won't work either. And I really wanted it to be true to the original. Well, not completely true. Yeah, mabey one or two custom bosses will work. I'm also reviving your idea of a cutscene with Level 8's rock-covered entrence being blown up after the Level 7 triforce. I started work on a titlescreen. I edited the original Zelda titlescreen to say THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: 2008 [Moo2wo] END OF TIME DX. I also created a HUGE poster for it in my art classes.

Edit: Like the game, I want the bosses to be similar, but different. Example: Fire Gleeok-Bomb Spitting Gleeok, damaged by bombs.
Edit: Can I have your e-mail address so I can give you the file? I also need help making the pallete for the cutscene/Underworld. I don't have enough time to spend making the pallete. Plus, it won't look that good.:D

Moo2wo
02-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Here are screens:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/Moowo/zelda008.jpg
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/Moowo/zelda007.jpg
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/Moowo/zelda010.jpg
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/Moowo/zelda009.jpg

Those are pics of Level 2 area, a shore area, and a small river.

Nicholas Steel
02-09-2009, 09:35 AM
you should also have credits at the end and credit Pineconn.He gave you ideas and stuff with his own attempt at a remix.

Moo2wo
02-09-2009, 04:55 PM
"you should also have credits at the end and credit Pineconn." I'll be sure to credit Pineconn. And Russell. And my art teacher, who helped me make a HUGE poster for it. And Jish, who got me interested in ZQuest and Zelda Classic. And all the people who made excellent quests. May they forever...uh...make good quests...and stuff.:D

Edit: I think I'm the youngest ZQuester ever...I'm 10, making a quest, 9 when I started, 8 when I downloaded it.

Russ
02-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Yup. Looks like you just stole the record from me. I was twelve when I started quest making.

CaRmAgE
02-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Yup. Looks like you just stole the record from me. I was twelve when I started quest making.

Small world, eh? I was going to say the exact same thing. :eyebrow:

Well, good luck making that quest, Moo2wo and Russ.

Moo2wo
02-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Well, I'm going to be out sick tomorrow. (Like I said, I'm only 10:shrug:) I've got a fever of 100. I'm more or less happy, because I love getting into fights over recess football games.:D Anyway, since I've got time to spare, I'll work on a short End of Time spinoff, using the classic tileset. The story is several Moblins capture Link and steal his items. As they're taking him to Ganon, Link steals back his sword and kills them. One managed to get away with his items, though. Upon hearing Link's in the Underworld, Ganon moves Zelda to a palace in the Overworld. You must find your way out, and save Zelda. But, Ganon put a seal on the Underworld, and Link can't get out without 4 more Triforce. (The Moblin's didn't check his pouch)

Alex-Link
02-13-2009, 07:35 PM
so pinnecon's not working on his anymore?

Russ
02-13-2009, 08:06 PM
He told me that me might get back to it, but it will be a while until he does. Consider this to be a teaser trailer for it. :D

Moo2wo
02-13-2009, 09:35 PM
My game hasn't been worked on because of homework because I was out sick. The Underworld game idea was trashed do to the fact I want to focus on one project. This weekend should be HUGE for the game, though. I'm going to intentionally screw that wall in Level 4 up.:D

Russ
02-14-2009, 07:03 PM
The one with the one way shutter that leads to an overworld screen that's impossible to reach in the game? That wall? I've always wondered what good it did.

Moo2wo
02-14-2009, 10:31 PM
What? Anyway, I am so :)! I got the newest 2.5 beta to work! The quest will immediatly be switched to it! And if I can figure it out, the game will use tons of scripts! But, I'm not getting my hopes high. The door combo set for Under the Lake is proving to be annoying. I'm going to use idea's from Russell's EoT remake, and if he trashes it and allows me to, Pineconn's remakes. Russell, please send me what you had done of the game. I'm going to use all the extra cutscenes, codes, ect. if you'll let me! Could I please?

Moo2wo
02-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Ok, the game now has a DX version and a normal version. The DX version is playable in 2.5, and the normal is in 2.10. The main difference is in normal, the entire game is on a grayscale pallete (if anyone will help me with it), and the DX is in color. Also, the DX has custom bosses, while the first one doesn't. The DX has the advance shop, the first one doesn't. The DX will have a bonus dungeon with my creation, the Hero's Sword. I'm going for pizza now, so see ya'.

Edit: I'm back.

Alex-Link
02-20-2009, 03:08 PM
the screenshots look a bit dull, but thats my opinion; maybe it's just the tileset

Moo2wo
02-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Probably the tileset. Plus, those are done in ZQuest. Oh, and wait till you see how dull the grayscale mode is.;) The game is much, much better.

Moo2wo
02-24-2009, 08:54 AM
I finished the screens of Under the Lake. I've got to go to school now, so see ya'.

Alex-Link
02-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Probably the tileset. Plus, those are done in ZQuest. Oh, and wait till you see how dull the grayscale mode is.;) The game is much, much better.

lets hope so!

Moo2wo
03-01-2009, 07:33 PM
It will be. I'm taking a week off, with mabey one or two small things added, but for the most part it won't be progressed on until next Saturday. I may add an opening cutscene, however.

Alex-Link
03-06-2009, 01:50 PM
It will be. I'm taking a week off, with mabey one or two small things added, but for the most part it won't be progressed on until next Saturday. I may add an opening cutscene, however.

The best opening cutscene that I've seen so far was Pinecon's on Link to the Heavens, will it be similar?:D

Moo2wo
03-06-2009, 04:50 PM
No. That's an interesting idea, though. I might change it to something like that. It can't be implemented quite yet, because of the small part of the overworld that's finished. I'm changing it a.s.a.p. Oh, and...stupid A.O.L.! You're supposed to get an email saying there's a new post here!

Moo2wo
03-14-2009, 09:58 PM
There's an area now under Gerudo Desert that now holds the small wallet, instead of the obvious location in Level 4. Now it's extremely harder to find. And just so no one bugs me about it when it's release, -=SPOILER=- The area where it used to be now hints to it's location. I now also have plans to implement Russell's old bonus level. It's found through bombing a wall. I'm not going to say anything more, but trust me, it worked perfect in the BS tileset.

Moo2wo
03-15-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm starting to get in the mood for a 2nd demo! Any beta testers out there? You'll be testing levels 1-3, (possibly 4) and the overworld. It will also be easier than the last demos. (Even I thought is was kind of mean, and I'm pretty good)

Russ
03-15-2009, 03:04 PM
I'll test it. I'm eager to see how you've interpreted it.

Moo2wo
03-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks. I've got to clean up a few things, and then I'll send it to you.

Edit: It should be playable, assuming nothing's wrong with it, in two weeks. I'm hoping to send it to Russell in a week. The area under Gerudo Desert is awsome! It looks like Pineconn really made it. You access it by getting caught in one of the many quick sand traps. It now holds the small wallet and a watering hole. (if you have the whistle. The lake is inside a mountain, and it uses all 14 secret combo flags!)

Edit: Russell's intro will NOT be available in the demo. I would like to have it in, but can't figure out why it won't work.

Moo2wo
03-20-2009, 06:00 PM
*SHOWS SCANS FROM NOTEBOOK* http://i39.tinypic.com/2qn7h3t.jpg Oh gosh that's (was) big.

And of course, along with that, we have to have one of my AWESOME drawings. http://i41.tinypic.com/ixrwnr.jpg

Level 4 is officially great. There's a plot twist that I'm not going to mention now.

Edit: Because of this, it will be delayed. It calls for several areas of the Underworld to be added.

Moo2wo
03-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Update! Well, I was, of course, off with the dates. But on the lighter side, I made some new block tiles that make secrets slightly more obvious. Anyway, Level 4 will be finished soon.

Moo2wo
04-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Here's a video I made on YouTube where I show some of EoT DX at the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af91C9FyMcU