PDA

View Full Version : Caution: Fanboys ahead!

Cloral
02-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Killzone 2. The big savior of the PS3? The Sony fanboys are hoping so. So when you write a review of said game and give it an 8.7, you can imagine what will happen. Penny Arcade linked to this review for the comments that follow it, and I must say that they are rather amusing.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=206497

The_Amaster
02-06-2009, 07:57 PM
*good humored sigh* Ah, they amuse us so.
Man, the whole console war is about as stupid as it comes. No one console is
flatly "better" than any other, just better for individual people. That's called the free market folks. Buy whatever floats your boat.

Masamune
02-06-2009, 08:11 PM
So when is it coming out for 360?

Aegix Drakan
02-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Everything I could possibly say here can be summed up with:

lol, Sony Fanboys. :rolleyes:

MottZilla
02-07-2009, 02:18 PM
It won't be a savior but I imagine it should be a popular title for those that take the plunge and buy the PS3.

AtmaWeapon
02-08-2009, 11:38 PM
It looks like a pretty good review. The FPS genre is done-to-death these days, and there's a certain standard set of features you have to have to meet the bar. Co-op is one of them. The weapon system and plot were compared to Halo 3, the current "gold standard", and MGS4 which I'm not certain if I consider it an FPS or not.

8.7 is what I'd imagine an excellent game that's lacking a few features should get. Honestly I'd give Twilight Princess an 8.7, and SSB:B lower than that. Just because it's been the only good game on the PS3 long-term forecast forever doesn't mean it should get special treatment.