PDA

View Full Version : Bob's Game

Matteo
02-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Is this game ever going to come out?

There is so much hoopla and nonsense over this game that I wonder if its actually ever going to be released or if its just a publicity stunt.

The guy reminds me of the game developer from Grandma's Boy if anyone remembers that movie.

The game itself looks incredible, sort of a modern day Earthbound/Shadowrun mashup with a Maniac Mansion flair. Hopefully its all he says it is and it actually gets released on a console or handheld!

http://www.bobsgame.com/

Skulkraken
02-06-2009, 06:05 AM
My prediction is that this game will never see any actual release. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I don't know.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Well, Nintendo denied his request for the SDK...

So either it really is a huge viral campaign(which I doubt...), or it will probably be released for homebrew.

MottZilla
02-06-2009, 02:09 PM
What I'm confused about is how this is a game. I never saw anything that looked like gameplay. I'm guessing it's a RPG, but I never actually saw any combat sequence. Also, I don't really think the concept of one person making an entire game by themself is that impressive. Not unless you made a game like Gears of War, or StarCraft 2, or something else comparable, all by yourself.

Also I think he's whining. I understand Nintendo's position. You can't give just anybody the SDK and certain other privledged information, as if you did then shadey people would just apply to be a developer only to steal that information. Also part of the reason I have little sympathy is because it's called "Bob's Game". Maybe if it had a real title I would care just alittle bit.

Aegix Drakan
02-06-2009, 11:38 PM
I lost all respect for the guy after his tantrum a few weeks back.

Look, fine, so nintendo refused to give you the DS SDK. Fine. Release it as wii-ware, or DSi-ware, or on the XBLA, or something. Hell, barring that, homebrew it!

I used to look up to the guy, having all that dedication, but then when he started spamming the media in a despereate plea for attention and the power to say "look at me! Look at me! I'm such a victim!", I said screw it. Stop whining, and adapt!

Also, I'm sure some of you know I'm making a game with a friend (no, not the one I had in my sig for a long time. A much better one). We ARE planning to pitch the idea to a company once it's done, but if everyone just brushes us off, then fine. We'll just blast it all over the internet. For us it's not about the money. It's about sharing this epic story, and making gamers happy.

Zaphod Q. IX
02-07-2009, 04:43 AM
What I'm confused about is how this is a game. I never saw anything that looked like gameplay.
qft

...because it's called "Bob's Game". Maybe if it had a real title I would care just alittle bit.
lol

That is a real title...just not one you like.

My problem was the site. It looked like a poorly done myspace page. Turned me off right away. If your site is that poor, I'd better see naked people.

*shrugs*

Gleeok
02-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Wow, I am equally impressed by both the ineptitude of Nintendo and the determination of said Bob. I mean, holy shit! I would've got bored making that game after five weeks, let alone five years. Someone give Bob a cookie or something.....well, at least everything is working out for him...

edit: I'm a little puzzled by the mechanics. It's like a Seinfeld video game: "What did you do this week?" "Nothing really, saw a movie, got my car washed." -That's a video game!!
Instead of leveling-up or fighting monsters, you wait in line, run around a lot, and engage bosses with passive aggressiveness? ..I'm not really getting it. Although I am certainly impressed.

Nicholas Steel
02-08-2009, 06:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZf2E_wBvng&fmt=6

I started giving up around the 20 second mark... but watched up to 4:38 despite the boring intro >.>"

It seems like it will be similar to Cult but maybe a bit better :). http://studio-blum.com/cult/

MottZilla
02-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Wow, I am equally impressed by both the ineptitude of Nintendo and the determination of said Bob. I mean, holy shit! I would've got bored making that game after five weeks, let alone five years. Someone give Bob a cookie or something.....well, at least everything is working out for him...

What? What is Nintendo doing wrong? I wouldn't give this guy a license and SDK either. You don't just hand that shit out.

Masamune
03-02-2009, 02:27 PM
his website is retarded