PDA

View Full Version : New ZCL Alpha

Deviance
02-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Today I uploaded ZCL Alpha 002 on shardstorm. Also I decided to compile ZC too.

The reason I made this post is because of this.
http://sjnetwork.net/snapshot1.png

This is the new ZCL Updater I been working on. Of course what this does is make sure ZC is up to date. For the windows users you may notice a file called wget.exe. This is the backend for the updater to grab the latest version. If you want to test this out. Go ahead and check it out. Since this is the first version introduced it will need to configure itself. So let me know what you guys think.

_L_
02-01-2009, 11:44 PM
So you did compile revision 939 of ZC and ZQ, right?

Pteryx
02-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Is there a reason why ZQuest has shrunken to 35% of its previous size, and ZC to 40%? Not that I disapprove, but "Core Optimizations" was only listed as a change in ZCL, and I'm curious as to what changed here since no other listed change appears to match... -- Pteryx

Deviance
02-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Today I uploaded ZCL Alpha 002 on shardstorm. Also I decided to compile ZC too.

Does that answer it?

Is there a reason why ZQuest has shrunken to 35% of its previous size, and ZC to 40%? Not that I disapprove, but "Core Optimizations" was only listed as a change in ZCL, and I'm curious as to what changed here since no other listed change appears to match... -- Pteryx

This is because of the way I compile it.

On another note. I started working on Alpha 003. This alpha is going to be mostly bug fixing over anything. Also it will handle the error messages better.

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2009, 01:33 AM
was 937 recalled? 944 is the next version after 935...

1) unnecessary line break in the description above the changelog.

2) no way to review the description of the "Title Screen" setting after selecting a title screen.

3) "set colour scheme", Windows 98 is cut off slightly.

4) various frames are not aligned correctly. EG: "Set colour theme", the description border does not match up perfectly with the item lists border.

5) time to read that er, "easter egg" is too short ;)

Deviance
02-02-2009, 01:48 AM
was 937 recalled? 944 is the next version after 935...

1) unnecessary line break in the description above the changelog.

2) no way to review the description of the "Title Screen" setting after selecting a title screen.

3) "set colour scheme", Windows 98 is cut off slightly.

4) various frames are not aligned correctly. EG: "Set colour theme", the description border does not match up perfectly with the item lists border.

5) time to read that er, "easter egg" is too short ;)

Windows or Linux version? :P

Also I noticed since I updated my lazarus ide it shows a few things a little messed up. :P

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2009, 02:24 AM
Windows 7 beta 1.

Deviance
02-02-2009, 02:37 AM
Windows 7 beta 1.

Well guess I can't fix it because you are using windows... :P

I got them corrected for the next version.

Also the next linux build of ZCL will look much nicer.
http://sjnetwork.net/snapshot2.png

Revfan9
02-04-2009, 09:08 PM
A small complaint: On the Linux build, the buttons don't actually follow the current GTK theme. They stay black, and this is annoying to me because I use a black theme, and thus the text is unreadable.

Deviance
02-06-2009, 02:40 PM
For the most part I got this issue fixed now so hopefully it stays that way. This has been a ongoing issue with the linux builds.