PDA

View Full Version : Announcing a new quest!

TheRockman
01-27-2009, 01:57 AM
Well, one that hasn't even started. First some storytime.:)

I first was playing Zelda Classic since I was... 10? 11? Don't remember, it was probably at the time where 1.92 beta was out. Anyways, I was a huge fan of this great program and game that I liked making custom quests as well. I was young, and they were atrocious, horrible, things I finished in a week or two, with crap difficulty and stupid... just stupid... except for one.

I actually spent so much time with this one, making all the layers, calculating the heart containers and magic distribution, drawing the maps themselves on paper, the music I used, what item goes where... It felt all so intricate, so well designed and well developed. I believed I was making the next good (not great, but nice) quest. And sh*t happened.

As I said, I was young and worked on a crap computer, something really old, and tried to mess with it. It resulted on my hard drive messing up and deleting all my data. I had no method of "backup", so I was screwed. I got a new computer, but all that time I spent making that quest seemed futile, something I shouldn't even attempt again... until now.

Now that I'm way older and know more stuff than ever before with better ideas, better music, better dungeons, and better gameplay. I still have some of the notes I drew! Even though these words mean nothing without an actual quest here, evidence of my labors, I am seriously coming back to do this quest. Even though it means sacrificing class, my music lessons (well, not so much), and other things, I vow to make this quest a reality.

Ugh, I probably wasted your time. Don't worry, you'll see.;)

Oh yes, and hi!