PDA

View Full Version : Obama Airstrikes kill 22 in Pakistan

firebug
01-26-2009, 02:51 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5581084.ece

Change? My ass.

and what about his 800 billion dollar 'stimulus package'? Does anyone here really believe that taking out a fucking loan will help our economy? It's like giving a bum a credit card.

Shazza Dani
01-26-2009, 03:14 PM
"...22 people at suspected terrorist hideouts in the border area of Waziristan."

Whether or not those people killed were terrorists dramatically alters the situation. It seems they mostly likely were terrorists. BUT MAYBE THEY WERE INNOCENT BABIES. I DUNNO LOL

Russ
01-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Well, at least he has the guts to kill terorists.

Although I disagree with him on almost everything else.

rock_nog
01-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Love him or hate him, he did say he'd go into Pakistan if need be. I, for one, have mixed feelings. Definitely, I'm glad to see a renewed focus on Afghanistan. I've always said one of the big problems I have with Iraq is that it takes attention away from Afghanistan and capturing bin Laden. On the other hand, I worry that this might cause problems between the US and Pakistan. On the other other hand, the Pakistani government is basically letting the terrorists camp out there and not doing anything about it.

Also, I can't help but think that this was a move done in an attempt to silence critics who've accused him of being "soft on terror" after signing the executive order to shut down Gitmo.

firebug
01-26-2009, 04:48 PM
I can't help but think that this was a move done in an attempt to silence critics who've accused him of being "soft on terror" after signing the executive order to shut down Gitmo.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm afraid that most of his executive decisions will be based on shutting up naysayers. I really hope he addresses some real problems instead of continuing to slap band-aids on a system broken beyond repair.

phattonez
01-26-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm afraid that most of his executive decisions will be based on shutting up naysayers.
Executive Orders - because the president can make laws. It's in the Constitution. Trust me.

Glitch
01-27-2009, 10:08 AM
If it killed even one terrorist, it was worth it.

firebug
01-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Executive Orders - because the president can make laws. It's in the Constitution. Trust me.

wtf? What are you talking about? I've read the Constitution. Have you? The president can propose laws, and he can veto laws, but he can't make laws all by himself. Not without declaring martial law.

All I'm saying is that; in order to appease the retarded masses, a president will pass laws and make decisions based on what will keep him popular... Unless said president is Bush Jr.

Icey
01-28-2009, 02:43 AM
wtf? What are you talking about? I've read the Constitution. Have you? The president can propose laws, and he can veto laws, but he can't make laws all by himself. Not without declaring martial law.

All I'm saying is that; in order to appease the retarded masses, a president will pass laws and make decisions based on what will keep him popular... Unless said president is Bush Jr.

Good job completely missing the point of phattonez's post, firebug.

Every word posted on the internet is meant to be taken at face value. It's an important rule. Trust me.

Nicholas Steel
01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
If it killed 1 terrorist and 21 innocent people, I "think" the terrorists will have won.

phattonez
01-28-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm sure if those innocents were your friends and family you might be saying something else.

Modus Ponens
01-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Every word posted on the internet is meant to be taken at face value. It's an important rule. Trust me.

WTF? What are you talking about? I've read the internet. Have you?

firebug
01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Good job completely missing the point of phattonez's post, firebug.
He had a point? I thought he was babbling misinformation. Silly me.

[insert_sarcasm_here]Shit. And here I am thinking the majority of people are just posting bullshit off the top of their heads. I'd better read this 'rule' you speak of, or I might make another internet faux pas. :P[end_sarcasm]

rock_nog
01-28-2009, 03:44 PM
and what about his 800 billion dollar 'stimulus package'? Does anyone here really believe that taking out a fucking loan will help our economy? It's like giving a bum a credit card.
It's called Keynesian economics, and whenever we enter an economic recession, it suddenly becomes very popular. Here's a basic rundown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics

phattonez
01-28-2009, 04:01 PM
He had a point? I thought he was babbling misinformation. Silly me.
You still don't get it, do you?

Beldaran
01-28-2009, 04:53 PM
It's called Keynesian economics, and whenever we enter an economic recession, it suddenly becomes very popular.

Sort of like Alcoholism.

Government: The cause of, and solution to, most of our problems.

firebug
01-28-2009, 04:57 PM
It's called Keynesian economics, and whenever we enter an economic recession, it suddenly becomes very popular. Here's a basic rundown.
I understand the idea, I just seriously doubt it's effectiveness. The money isn't just 'injected' into the economy magically. We have to pay it back. More debt = bad idea.

You still don't get it, do you?
Man, your posts are annoying.

Icey
01-28-2009, 04:58 PM
It's called Keynesian economics

It's called the tyranny of dead ideas.

Very few economists will advocate Keynesian models anymore...

Glitch
01-29-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm sure if those innocents were your friends and family you might be saying something else.

But they aren't so I could care less.

Shazza Dani
01-29-2009, 11:35 AM
But they aren't so I could care less.

If you don't care that innocent people die, why do you care that terrorists live? http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/tdrisko/plz/imhappyplz.gif

phattonez
01-29-2009, 11:38 AM
It's called the tyranny of dead ideas.

Very few economists will advocate Keynesian models anymore...
What's the difference between Keynesianism and what's going on today with government?