PDA

View Full Version : Fuck India.

Beldaran
01-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Seriously, that place is fucked. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1127056/The-real-Slumdog-Millionaires-Behind-cinema-fantasy-mafia-gangs-deliberately-crippling-children-profit.html)

Special shoutout to all the morons who believe in a god that would choose not to stop this.

Masamune
01-25-2009, 10:10 PM
This is about 10x more fucked up than the caste system. =\

Icey
01-25-2009, 10:48 PM
What I find amazing is that Slumdog Millionaire does portray these things happening - probably to a less extreme extent than some of the incidents that actually do occur - and prominent Indian figures call the filmmakers ignorant. Sorry, it's not the filmmakers who are ignorant, but the rich in India who either know this is going on and deny it or don't even make an effort to find out the truth.

Fucked up indeed.

Archibaldo
01-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Yup, the world is a fucked up place.

BTW, since when did the Oxyclean guy start selling life insurance?

Breaker
01-26-2009, 04:54 AM
I've always wanted to go to India. If I had stayed with my old job, they would have sent me there for 3 months and a 10 grand bonus. It's one of the largest regrets I have in life.

Lilith
01-26-2009, 08:53 PM
---

AtmaWeapon
01-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Honestly that's not unique to India; it's been going on forever. I distinctly remember a part of The Prince and the Pauper where some people attempted to put something on the Prince's leg in order to cause a nasty, festering rash and generate pity money as he begged. It's not exactly a first-hand account, but I'm certain if popular literature depicted the act it was hardly an uncommon practice.

It doesn't make it right, but it's hardly unique to India. It's just one small example of the corruption there.