PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite movie lines...

Prrkitty
01-23-2009, 05:15 PM
http://www.ireport.com/ir-topic-stories.jspa?topicId=181409

I got the idea for this thread from the above link.

My favorite movie line is: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Which is, of course, from "Gone With The Wind".

What is yours?

Archibaldo
01-23-2009, 10:22 PM
"You know what I do? I stick my boner up in my waistband. It hides it and it feels good. I almost blew a load in my bellybutton the other day." -Seth, from Superbad.

rock_nog
01-23-2009, 10:28 PM
"Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head, remember that?"
"That would've worked if you hadn't stopped me."
-Ghostbusters

The_Amaster
01-24-2009, 12:23 AM
"I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Dave..."
-HAL 9000
2001: A Space Odyssey

(and really, anything else said by HAL fits here as well)

erm2003
01-24-2009, 12:50 AM
"Ray, if someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!"

-Another quote from Ghostbusters

rock_nog
01-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Really, to be fair, there are very few quotes from Ghostbusters that don't reek with awesomeness.

Pryme8
01-24-2009, 01:43 AM
my signature...

Ebola Zaire
01-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Lt. Ronald Spiers: Do you know why you hid in that ditch, Blithe?
Pvt. Albert Blithe: I was scared.
Lt. Ronald Spiers: We're all scared. You hid in that ditch because you think there's still hope. But Blithe, the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you can function as a soldier is supposed to function- without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.

-Band of Brothers

Dark Nation
01-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Tony Stark (to the automated fire extinguisher): If you douse me again, and I'm not on fire, I'm donating you to a city college.

Modus Ponens
01-24-2009, 04:40 AM
This exchange is from my possibly-favorite movie, Zero Effect, starring Bill Pullman as Daryl Zero, an antisocial-yet-highly-effective private detective. The humor here lies in the fact that Miss Sullivan is trying to figure out if Zero is actually the accountant he claims to be or someone else, by having him do her tax returns, and he's trying his ass off to bluff that he is.

GLORIA SULLIVANAlright, you're an accountant, so you would know: what is the Corrodium III Deduction?

DARYL ZEROThe Corrodium III Deduction.... That's a very good question because that, in fact, is probably the most widely misunderstood deduction in the book.

GLORIA SULLIVANReally.

DARYL ZEROIndeed. The Corrodium III Deduction is an incentive used by large manufacturers who can limit their use of class III decay toxins such as corrodium and... [He pauses to think, removing his GLASSES] ...malgorium.
There is a pause. GLORIA is now pretty sure that ZERO is no accountant, and ZERO is unsure whether his bluff succeeded.Anything else?

GLORIA shakes her head.

MANDRAG GANON
01-24-2009, 05:03 AM
I could list so many from ghostbusters.

From Six String Samurai:
Death: "If I were YOU I'd RUN!!!"
Buddy: "If you were me, you'd Be good looking!

Aegix Drakan
01-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Hmm...

Pirates of the carribean 1 (The only good one!)

Elizabeth swan: so THAT's the secret of tha famous jack sparrow...You spent 3 days lying on the beach drinking rum.
Jack: ...Welcome to the carribean, love.

Will: SHE GOES FREE!!1! *points gun at Barbosa in an epic manner*
Barbosa: ...You've only got one shot, and we can't die.

---

FF7 Advent children

Barret: CID! Land this hunka junk!
Cid: You wan' off? THEN JUMP OFF! Git off mah back!

---

Kung fu Panda

Villain: He's a panda! You're a panda! What are you gonna do, SIT on me?!?
Po: *panting* Hahah, oh, don't tempt me...

Po: *gets owned by all the training devices* Ugh...so how did I do?
Sensei: ...There is now a level zero.

Po's dad: You will take over the restaurant! Like I did from my father, who took it over from his father, who took it over from his father, who won it from a friend in a game of mahjong!

The_Amaster
01-24-2009, 12:01 PM
I do really enjoy quoting one line from Minority Report:
"Everybody runs, John.... everybody runs..."

Only I attach it to more mundane actions, in the formula of "Everybody [action]s, [name], everybody [action]s"

Dark Nation
01-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Actually, that formula is often used in a simplified form in many shows and movies.

<statement>, <person>. <statement>

ie. "Lucky guess, kid. Lucky guess." or "Give 'em hell, man. Give 'em hell."

Etc.

Although the following isn't from a movie, it's one of my favorites from the anime series Trigun.

Scene: Vash had just shot a group of bandits (some more than once) in the face with a suction cup dart gun before any of them could react.

Leader: Kill that bugger!
Henchman (trying to hold the leader back): Are you INSANE?! Do you want to die, stupid? He just shot us all! Next time he might use real bullets!

-----

But, to keep with the movie side of things, a quote from The Matrix, including the setup:

Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
[Neo turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor.]
Oracle: That vase.
Neo: I'm sorry--
Oracle: I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.
Neo: How did you know?
Oracle: Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?

Chris Miller
01-24-2009, 01:02 PM
"I have a bad feeling about this."
--every Star Wars film

Prrkitty
01-24-2009, 02:58 PM
"The Incredibles"

Near the end of the movie, as the little neighbor kid sits on his bike and watches the family save the baby Jack-Jack, he says, "THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!"

PS: Yeah I just finished watching the movie on TV

Pryme8
01-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Dude wheres your car?

Archibaldo
01-24-2009, 06:47 PM
"I have a bad feeling about this."
--every Star Wars film

Also, every Indiana Jones movie.

Speaking of Indiana Jones.

"We named the dog Indiana." -Henry Jones

"Oh Marion, you had to go and get your self kidnapped again." -Indiana Jones

Mutt: You're a teacher?
Indy: Part time.

Lilith
01-24-2009, 07:57 PM
---

DarkDragon
01-24-2009, 07:58 PM
"Your best? Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen!"

Brasel
01-26-2009, 10:36 AM
back off man, im a scientist
ghostbusters

best movie ever

Pryme8
01-26-2009, 03:24 PM
"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."

firebug
01-26-2009, 03:43 PM
"We should be fuckin' dead now, my friend! We just witnessed a miracle, and I want you to fuckin' acknowledge it!"
After getting shot at by a prep-kid hiding in the bathroom.

While not my all-time favorite movie, there's some serious gold in the dialogue.

Shazza Dani
01-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Pulp Fiction <3

Jules: What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
Brett: What?
Jules: What country are you from?
Brett: What? What? Wh - ?
Jules: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?
Jules: English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
Brett: Yes! Yes!
Jules: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
Brett: Yes!
Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
Jules: Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!

Russ
01-26-2009, 03:49 PM
From Iron Man, when she walks in and sees him in the robotic suit.

"Okay, let's face it, you've caught me doing worse stuff before."

Or from Scary Movie 3:

"The TV's leaking."

Pirates of the Caribean (I forget which one)

"Sir, we're of gunpowder."

"Then load the rum!"

*Everybody stops and stares at him*

moocow
01-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Right now, at this moment its:

Rachel: Do you think they could derail a train?
Jerry: They changed every traffic light to get us here. The woman, she called me on a stranger's cell phone who happened to be sitting next to me - never met the guy in my life. And then they broke me out of maximum security custody in a way I'm not even going to describe to you because it sounds crazy, and then they lift us off the face of the earth and drop us into this shitpile. She could probably derail a train, she could probably turn a train into a talking duck.

(Eagle Eye)

deathbyhokie
01-27-2009, 12:57 AM
3 pages in and not one Princess Bride quote?

Inconceivable!

Modus Ponens
01-27-2009, 03:02 AM
3 pages in and not one Princess Bride quote?

Inconceivable!

I always sort of assume that a deep, abiding love for the movie The Princess Bride is a given among nerds such as us, and as such, listing such a quote would be sort of like saying, "hey, have you heard of these Beatles guys? They're really something!" Instead, I chose a beloved quote from another movie that I hold very dear, and I'm probably not the only one to have done such a thing.