PDA

View Full Version : New Quest Concepts

Banon
01-22-2009, 03:52 PM
So, I'm really just posting this to see how creative other people are here. So, we've all seen quests with their own concepts that differentiate themselves from the others (ie: Mitch having random battles). With newer versions of Z-Quest, people have gained the ability to edit items, and enemy drops.

Now for the point...

What's "your" creative idea? (and don't steal other people's ideas without permition)

I'll start off with mine just to give people an idea.

So I recently had the idea for my next quest. I decided that part of the game would revolve around taking screen shots. Lots of them. Throughout the game, there would be many people who talk about seemingly unimportant things. Then, much later, the player would be asked questions about the past that they couldn't possibly remember. Things like ((Insert character name here) first word was ____). The questions would start out much easier than that though. Questions would start out being easy enough for someone to remember without screenshots. It would have kinda a early Metal Gear Solid feel to it. Constantly forcing the player to think outside the box. There would be more than photo taking too, like looking up directions to a maze path in the midi info.

FefeRawft
01-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Play as John McCain (Link) and fight Barrack Obama (Ganon) to save Sarah Palin (Zelda).

Sorry Democrats, I'm republican.

beefster09
01-23-2009, 08:56 PM
That sounds quite funny. You should totally make that!

A "light rod" that solidifies/desolidifies special blocks.

Revfan9
01-24-2009, 06:06 AM
ZC Shorts: Short quests with 1-2 dungeons MAX, with an emphasis on humorous storytelling rather than uber-scripted custom bosses and the like. They'll use a very simple tileset like Pure, and because of this they can be churned out within a few days. A few ideas on plots:

1. Puppy Love: Link has to save Zelda, but it turns out she's a Golden Retriever.

2. Trojan Knight: Link is on a hot date, but he forgot condoms. So he goes into a convenience store to get some. For some reason, they made the condoms really hard to get to so kids don't find them.

3. It Burns!: After getting really, really high, Link gets permanent brain damage. Because of this, he's convinced that it's Christmas Eve and he's Santa, so he tries to break into Ganon's Lair to deliver his Christmas presents.

Banon
01-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Play as John McCain (Link) and fight Barrack Obama (Ganon) to save Sarah Palin (Zelda)

Wow... Complete with a twist ending...

((Couldn't help rubbing it in)):shrug:

Ooooh! I just came up with this one! Having no rupee enemy drops, and having every secret being rupees. At the shop, you could but your Heart Pieces, and other items associated with secrets.

^Someone could steal this idea if they wanted to. I doubt I'd ever stay in Z-Quest long enough to get to it.

DarkFlameWolf
01-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Harvest Hyrule - A mix between Harvest Moon and Zelda. You can maintain your farm/ranch, go marry one of 10 different brides, have kids, have pets, go adventuring leaving your family to take care of the farm, which each bride/child with strengthes and weaknesses in tending to the homestead. While you go out and explore 9 dungeons in search of a great power to combat a oncoming evil that threatens to destroy farm and home. A great balancing act between responsibility and wanderlust. What will you choose to do?

King Aquamentus
01-26-2009, 02:31 AM
Go into the quest database here (or look at the main page) and look for "Prepare yourself".

Banon
01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Go into the quest database here (or look at the main page) and look for "Prepare yourself".

Oh Yeah... I played that one... It was great excluding the fact that there is no way you could beat level 9 without at least the blue ring. (I hate those blue wizrobes;))

Hmmm...

Use negative values on heart rings so that Link is slowly dying throughout the entire game. The story would involve Link ingesting a poison, and has to find 8 herbs to make an antidote for himself. It could be done well, because slowly dying would put pressure on the player, and give the question of "Do I want to fight these enemies? They could hurt me, or they could drop hearts, but if I just run past, I lose a slight bit of health anyways?"