PDA

View Full Version : Continue Here?

Banon
01-20-2009, 09:43 AM
I've been having troubles with Link's continuation spot. When I press quit then continue, and the continue here option in the d-map is set, Link will go a grey screen. The continue is set according to the screen on the d-map. (This problem only occurs if I go through a warp that leads to another d-map with the same lvl number, and continue here is unselected there). If I unselect the continue here option, everything works fine, except when I save, Link doesn't remain in the dungeon, he goes back to the overworld.

Another problem I have, is with overhead text boxes. I don't know why, but when Link walks under the transparent layer, it looks like he's wearing the blue ring (1st quest tileset). The only clue I have towards why this is happening, is the d-map Link is in is also white. It doesn't matter what colour Link was before, he's always white. (The text box is a transparent black).

I'm using 2.10 by the way.

Din
01-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Did you use the slider below the map on the mechanics screen? If you did, that'll alter the continue spot.

Example:
Link's continue spot typed in is 45.

The slider is moved over two to the right.

Link's continue point would actually be screen 65!

If you have any trouble, did you make the basic composition of the Dungeon Map, yet? Just press the squares to resemble it, and check Link's Position (his continue point).

Banon
01-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah... I know about the sliding d-map, sorry for not mentioning that before, but the problem is still there. Give me a sec, and I'll edit saying what screen it puts me to.

EDIT: I'm even more confused now. I didn't change anything, but it suddenly works. Well no point in worrying about it now I guess. Problem 1 solved (Through huge WTF)