PDA

View Full Version : ?????

Belligeron
01-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Hello everyone. I played ZC a long ass time ago and wanted to again. I just downloaded 2.10 and neither ZC or Zquest would open. I get a message "zelda-w.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." which sucks...

I am using Windows XP. Any help is appreciated.

Dark Nation
01-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Try beta 910 www.shardstorm.com. There are some issues with later betas, so that is the safest bet right now.

Shazza Dani
01-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Are you trying to run it in full screen? You'll have better success with windowed mode.

Belligeron
01-16-2009, 11:10 PM
That version works thanks.

I don't know if it was in FS or not, it wouldn't even open for me to look...

How do I run it in the better graphics that are on the ZC page? Are those only in custom quests?

Russ
01-16-2009, 11:43 PM
You need to download a tileset. Go to Pure ZC (purezc.com), and download a tileset from their database. Then just open it like a normal quest file.

Belligeron
01-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks. Can it replace the original tiles in the original quest?

How do I change the quest? I don't see it in the menu...

Russ
01-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Open Zquest. Then go File-Open.

SpykStorm
01-17-2009, 01:08 AM
How do I change the quest? I don't see it in the menu...

Click on zquest-w.

Go to this (http://armageddongames.net/forums/announcement.php?f=29) topic for link to tutorials, references, and other useful information.

Nicholas Steel
01-17-2009, 06:10 AM
1) custom graphics are quest dependent, Quest A) has different graphics to Quest B). If all quests had all graphics, you would be looking at maybe 50 - 100mb download per quest file -_- also quest authors sometimes don't like sharing there custom graphics with other quest authors.

2) you can not easily change the graphics in a quest to another set of graphics because of how the engine and quest format are.

3) you can use zquest (as mentioned above) to make your own quests and you can use what ever graphics you want, graphic packages are called tile sets and you can get them from PureZC.com

Belligeron
01-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks that helps. Not really used to zquest though I'm sure it would take me a while to figure that stuff out. I'm in college right now so time is a concern.