PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Summary

Beldaran
01-16-2009, 09:44 AM
This is so funny.

From the site:

"My friend Amanda had never seen a whole Star Wars film. When I asked her if she wanted to watch the original trilogy she said that she would, but that she already knew what happens. So I took out my voice recorder and asked her to start from the top.

I then created some very basic animation in Final Cut to go along with her narration."

Star Wars Summary (http://vimeo.com/2809991)

Dark Nation
01-16-2009, 09:58 AM
ROFL

Here's how episode 4 should have ended, BTW...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoeEdW-EDQ

ShadowTiger
01-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Saw this on Facebook last night. (By one of our oldbies actually.) Pretty awesome stuff.

Beldaran
01-16-2009, 11:09 AM
ROFL

Here's how episode 4 should have ended, BTW...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoeEdW-EDQ

lol soooo true. I even thought that as a little kid, but I guess my 8 year old mind was just too broad for George Lucas.

vegeta1215
01-17-2009, 01:27 PM
That was pretty funny. She did remember the main points... just not in the right order.

Hans, lol.

Shazza Dani
01-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Man, that was funny. But she left out Boba Fett! D:

Aegix Drakan
01-18-2009, 12:15 PM
@ summary: Whaaaahahahaaaat? :laughing: That. Is. Hilarious. She got all the main plot points mixed up, and.... dude. She should watch the movies and see just how off she was.

@ how episode 4 should have ended: ...Yeah, why DIDN'T they do that?!? Is the empire totally stupid, or what? That was totally awesome. XD

Modus Ponens
01-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Man, that was funny. But she left out Boba Fett! D:

Yeah, what a shocker. I can't believe she left out a tiny, barely significant character.

Beldaran
01-19-2009, 07:18 AM
I've read interviews where George Lucas expressed complete surprise that Bobba Fett became a popular character, as he was originally a completely minor role that was quickly killed off in a sort of humorous way.

rock_nog
01-19-2009, 10:43 AM
So popular, in fact, that apparently in one of the novels, he was actually retconned as miraculously surviving the whole ordeal. Frankly, I call BS because he was very clearly meant to die, but whatever.

Archibaldo
01-19-2009, 08:23 PM
If the Empire had destroyed Yavin to get a line of fire on Yavin 4. The death star wouldn't have had enough energy to charge another shot to destroy the planet. So if they had destroyed Yavin, the rebels would have had a hell of a lot more time to destroy the Death Star.

Modus Ponens
01-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Dude, if they destroyed the planet, the moon's gonna be mighty fucked up. I'd say conditions for the rebels would go downhill FAST if the planet their moon orbits got blown the fuck up.

rock_nog
01-20-2009, 12:36 AM
The real question is, would the Death Star have been powerful enough to destroy Yavin. It was, after all, a gas giant, and it was only ever established that the Death Star had enough firepower to destroy an Earth-sized planet. Though I will say, if the Death Star was capable of destroying Yavin, I seriously don't think they'd have to worry about recharging the laser to take out Yavin 4, because the destruction of the planet would do plenty of damage on its own.

Modus Ponens
01-20-2009, 05:10 AM
Okay, naming convention question, here—I thought "Yavin 4" meant "the fourth planet of the Yavin system", or "the fourth planet orbiting the star that is called Yavin". Isn't the moon that the rebel base is on called Endor?

erm2003
01-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Endor is the forest moon in Episode VI. Yavin IV is the fourth moon surrounding the planet Yavin and it is the location of the rebel base in Episode IV.

Shazza Dani
01-20-2009, 08:22 AM
The planet itself is fully named Yavin Prime. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yavin_Prime

Archibaldo
01-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Even if the moon was mighty fucked up it would give the Rebels a bigger chance at evacuating before the Death Star had enough energy to charge another attack. Plus, the moons in the Star Wars universe may not work the same way they do in ours.

Shazza Dani
01-20-2009, 04:51 PM
I believe if the planet was destroyed, and if the moons were somehow not destroyed along with it, they would be caught in the gravitational pull of the nearest/most massive object and crash into it.

Modus Ponens
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Well, I think what would happen is if it weren't completely destroyed outright with the planet, it would continue whatever straight course it had before the planet was gone, and basically hurtle off into space.

Archibaldo
01-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Perhaps the force of Yavin Prime's destruction would send the moon even further out into space like Modus said. Then the Death Star would have to charge it's laser again and get into range again.

Or maybe the Empire didn't want to destroy Yavin? They only destroyed one planet before the final battle. And it was only to get information out of Leia. If they were to go destroying planets willy nilly more would have been destroyed throughout the course of the movie. I don't think they actually wanted to destroy the planets, just use the threat of destroying planets to control the galaxy.

Shazza Dani
01-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Well, I think what would happen is if it weren't completely destroyed outright with the planet, it would continue whatever straight course it had before the planet was gone, and basically hurtle off into space.

But it would eventually crash into something. It's not likely that a large moon would get sent flying out of orbit then restabalise itself without hitting something. It would get caught in the gravity of another planet or moon and collide with it.

rock_nog
01-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.
Of course, I still don't believe it would survive the destruction of the planet, but assuming it did, it's fairly unlikely it'd ever encounter anything to collide with. It'd probably either just go drifting into space or get pulled back into orbit around the star.

Shazza Dani
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Here's four things that might happen to the moon, assuming it wasn't destroyed.

•crash into a nearby planet
•begin to orbit a nearby planet
•crash into the nearest star
•begin to orbit the nearest star

I believe it would probably crash rather than find a new orbit, but I'm not a scientist lolololololololololololololooo (that was unnecessary)

Aegix Drakan
01-20-2009, 07:48 PM
If the Empire had destroyed Yavin to get a line of fire on Yavin 4. The death star wouldn't have had enough energy to charge another shot to destroy the planet. So if they had destroyed Yavin, the rebels would have had a hell of a lot more time to destroy the Death Star.

...! Wait a tick.

OBJECTION!!!(Damn that felt good!)

In episode 6 when the repaired deathstar is being attacked by the rebels, it's firing off shots left and right! IF IT CAN FIRE REPEATEDLY IN A SINGLE BATTLE, THEN IT WOULD HAVE TIME TO RECHARGE AND FIRE A SHOT AT THE MOON AFTER HITTING THE PLANET!

...Also, if the planet was mostly gaseous (and since the moon was not directly on the other side of the planet), then wouldn't the laser just go right THROUGH the planet?

And even assuming it hit the planet and blew it up, the fragments that would have blasted out of it would have caused some major damage to the moon.

Beldaran
01-20-2009, 07:56 PM
In episode 6 when the repaired deathstar is being attacked by the rebels, it's firing off shots left and right! IF IT CAN FIRE REPEATEDLY IN A SINGLE BATTLE, THEN IT WOULD HAVE TIME TO RECHARGE AND FIRE A SHOT AT THE MOON AFTER HITTING THE PLANET!

The 2nd Death Star was much more advanced and a highly improved design over the 1st one. (i.e. no magic exhaust port you can just shoot torpedos into)

Shazza Dani
01-20-2009, 08:51 PM
And even assuming it hit the planet and blew it up, the fragments that would have blasted out of it would have caused some major damage to the moon.

It was a gas planet. O:

Aegix Drakan
01-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Then it would have fired right through the planet and hit the moon regardless.

Shazza Dani
01-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Maybe the extreme thickness of the gasses would stop the laser before it could go all the way through.

Archibaldo
01-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Perhaps the properties of the gas of Yavin would neutralize the laser. Also, in episode 6, it wasn't firing the full blast that would destroy they planet, it was shooting smaller ones. Smaller ones take less energy.

Beldaran
01-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Perhaps we're all a bunch of fucking dorks and it's just a god damned space opera with laser swords.

Twili_Euphoria
01-22-2009, 10:13 PM
...! Wait a tick.

OBJECTION!!!(Damn that felt good!)

...Also, if the planet was mostly gaseous (and since the moon was not directly on the other side of the planet), then wouldn't the laser just go right THROUGH the planet?

good catch on the laser passing through, does make you wonder. If Yavin (the planet) it did indeed explode, it would have been an outrageously massive boom as one can only imagine.

As for the moon, I would assume it would have just started orbiting the nearest sun. It might get sucked into a planet's gravitational pull if one ever was close enough, but it would take years.

vegeta1215
01-25-2009, 05:23 PM
More good stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVyNnyLbcXM (Star Wars as told by a 3 year old)

XD

Breaker
01-25-2009, 07:28 PM
More good stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVyNnyLbcXM (Star Wars as told by a 3 year old)

XD

that's really funny.