PDA

View Full Version : Obama's 'Beast' of a car revealed

Prrkitty
01-14-2009, 04:38 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7829475.stm

Quote: David Caldwell, a spokesman for General Motors which makes Cadillac, told the BBC that the car is made to specifications that the company is given by the federal government.

"One of the specifications is that we don't talk about the specifications," he said.

--------------------------------------------------

We, the public, will probably never know much about this vehicle. But ya know, it looks nice... and pretty professional.

I do have to admit though that I'd rather not be IN the vehicle if they ever test the comment... "... could withstand a rocket-propelled grenade."

Russ
01-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Wow. Is it a car, or a dragon with seats in it? Rocket Power Grenades? Who thinks of this stuff when they design it?

Brasel
01-14-2009, 06:23 PM
I can't see a normal looking car being able to withstand an rpg...its gotta have some kind of high tech armored plating between the outside of the car and the frame. wish my buddy lopez would have had that luxery.

rock_nog
01-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Rocket Power Grenades? Who thinks of this stuff when they design it?
The people charged with keeping the president alive, obviously. The basic approach is "Okay, we need a tank shaped like a limo." You never know how someone might try to kill the president, so the safest bet is just to to build it to be immune to pretty much everything but a tactical air strike.

Russ
01-14-2009, 07:23 PM
so the safest bet is just to to build it to be immune to pretty much everything but a tactical air strike.
I don't know, it sounds like they've got that one covered too. :rolleyes:

Breaker
01-15-2009, 05:53 AM
considering it would only be driven around the US or Washington, I highly doubt there's many people walking around with rocket-propelled grenades in this country

A few molotov cocktails and a head-on collision with a bus would probably do some damage or atleast bust up the president.

Trevelyan_06
01-15-2009, 07:29 AM
If you read the article it says that some people "joke" that it could withstand and RPG. If an RPG was fired at it, it would most likely "withstand" by not blowing up completely from one strike, however I'd imagine that it'd be disabled and the occupants just a little damaged.

Unfortunately, history has proven that our Presidents both the good and the bad need protection from assassination attempts.