PDA

View Full Version : Warp Ring (3-Stair-Warp)

Matthew Bluefox
01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Hello everyone! Janine and I are only a few steps away from releasing "The Legend Of Zelda 1.5 Deluxe" and we're having problems with the three stair warp. We're using the Beta build 910 for Windows and everything worked fine so far (we haven't tested the "Whistle Warp Ring" yet, butt we've defined the warp ring correctly in the item settings of the whistle, so it should work).

When I set four destinations (I've just taken the original first quest as a template to make an own working three stair warp ring) and put the correct message string, guy and cave everywhere, I can enter any of the three stairs normally, butt I always get spawned back outside of the cave I've just entered, and I didn't get transported to another place in the overworld (one of the three other warp spots).

I didn't want to post it as a bug, maybe it isn't one and I'm just not capable to find the correct way how to make a working three stair warp. Please help us. :)

Thankies!

PS: Just a sidenote, not so important since we don't like the "Gamble" cave type anyway, butt we've noticed that we can't choose any of the three "-10" rupees, Link's just walking over them. The "Info" cave therefore should have the same effect, however we haven't tested it yet. I am either not sure if the "Take One Item" is also affected by this "no-choice-ability" problem.

CaRmAgE
01-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Well, I can only think of five possible solutions at the moment:

1. Is "Allow 3-Stair Warp Rooms" checked under the D-map flags?
2. Are all four room types set to "3-Stair Warp"?
3. Is the correct Warp Ring number set?
4. Are all four warps set to "cave/item cellar" type?
5. Check to see if all four destinations use the same warp return letter, then make sure the warp return values are set appropriately.

I haven't been using the beta versions actively, but hopefully one of those is what you're looking for.

Matthew Bluefox
01-13-2009, 08:58 AM
1. to 4. Yes, everything is fine.
5. Are all set to "A".

So, that's why I've got no idea at all. :(

CaRmAgE
01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Maybe it would be easier if you posted a test quest. I've got a college class in half an hour, so I can't think more about it right now.

Matthew Bluefox
01-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Okies, that's a good idea. I'll upload it onto our webspace and then you can have a lookielookie. I'll send you the password in an e-mail (got it from your website disclaimer) since basically everything is already done except those warp rings, lolies. :)

~ Jane

CaRmAgE
01-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Okay, I got the email, but I don't know what your webspace address is.

Matthew Bluefox
01-13-2009, 01:59 PM
I'll post the link here, for anyone who wants to test it (BETA status and receiving updates nearly every hour).

http://wr2.vfusion.de/Lotz/deluxe.qst

CaRmAgE
01-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Okay, I'll check it out after my next series of classes.

Matthew Bluefox
01-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Wonderful, thankies. :)

CaRmAgE
01-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Dangit, I believe I checked almost every conceivable option that could potentially cause it to not work, and I turned up with nothing. It's possible it could be a bug, as I see no reason why it shouldn't work... I no longer have the time to look into this anymore. Sorry I couldn't be of any help... :(

Matthew Bluefox
01-14-2009, 05:31 AM
That's okay, and I saw there's a new version out (928), so I'll test it with that one again. If it still doesn't work, I'll post it as a new bug.