PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.

mikeisapro
01-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Okay well I just successfully downloaded ZC and am playing 2.10, but I have a few questions.

First of all, I can't play in fullscreen mode. I am forced to play in windowed. (I do have Windows XP by the way) So can anybody help with this? It isn't neccessary but it would be nice to play in fullscreen, especially since even the "big" windowed version is pretty small.

Also, regarding the game itself, why doesn't the sword shoot when I have full health? I really miss it......I mean in the original, it was like a bonus....if you can keep yourself at full health, you get an extra boost. It also makes it possible to kill enemies you otherwise would not have been able to. Is there any way to "enable" that, or maybe learn it from an old man somewhere or something? I haven't played the game enough to see how different it is (although I have beaten the 1st and 2nd dungeons)

Oh yeah, and I got some boots in the 2nd dungeon...what do they do? By the looks of my inventory, im assuming I will get a lot of new items. I don't see the purpose of the boots, they are automatically equipped, I can't highlight them......and they don't seem to do anything different.

CastChaos
01-12-2009, 06:37 PM
1. Some people can't run certain window modes, I don't know how to fix that. For example the bigger version of windowed crashes for me.

2. Quest => Misc.Data => Item properties. There you can specify the sword beam details. Set it to 100 and "%", so that when your life is full, you shoot the beam. It's really switched off by default in ZC? Hm, I never remembered that...

3. When you have boots, damage combos doesn't affect you. Yes, there are many new items, set the subscreen type to "Revision 2" so that all of them appear. When I first wanted to use the new items, I didn't know about subscreen types, so they didn't appear and so I thought they weren't fully implemented. But they are, many of them. And you can make many interesting things with them.

mikeisapro
01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
thanks alot man, everything is fine now.

Yeah, I never messed with any settings....that was by default, also, bombs were set to 0 by default but I fixed that myself.

Thanks again ^-^

Edit: Wow I am a huge idiot. In my tired/stupid state, I actually clicked zelda BS instead of 2.10 and the beam did work. (it worked for BS the whole time, and I just mixed up the two) So after finding that out, I tried 2.10 again and the beam still doesn't work. Everything is set correctly, its all 100% and the "%" boxes are all checked, but the sword does not shoot, and it's driving me crazy!