PDA

View Full Version : Changing link

CloudWeaver
01-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I need a script that will change the tiles of link at certain points in the game. At the beginning of the game Link is the standard link but shortly afterward I want link to get transformed into an octork and into other things as the game progresses.

Also, if I can't find another way, I'll need a script that adjusts link's inventory as if I had activated level 3 cheat and checked/unchecked the boxes. I'll likely need this only when he gets transformed, as different forms can only use certain weapons (The octork will only have a 'bow' that I configured to shoot rocks) so the two scripts can be written as one.

pkmnfrk
01-01-2009, 02:59 PM
You can do the former by giving him a hidden item with a non-zero "Link Tile Modification" value. How this works, I am not sure. I've been meaning to play around with it at some point, but I haven't had a chance yet.

For the latter, you can just modify the Link->Item array:

Link->Item[I_HOOKSHOT] = false; //no more hookshot!

Joe123
01-01-2009, 03:57 PM
The Link Tile Modifier value just moves Link's sprites along the tilesheet by that many tilles.
Pretty simple concept really; reasonably easy to do.

The 'Full Link Tile Modifiers' quest rule is probably something you want to check aswell.
You'll need to do a little re-arranging though.