PDA

View Full Version : Reconfiguring in gameplay

CloudWeaver
01-01-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm working in ZQuest 910.

Is there any way to change the tiles of link in the middle of the game, specifically, to turn link into an octork. I would also need a way to automatically adjust the items in the inventory, taking away all of Link's equipment and giving him a bow I have configured to spit rocks that deal one damage. (I already have the bow, I don't need tips on that)

Shazza Dani
01-01-2009, 01:06 PM
You can use an item to modify Link's tiles, or possibly do it via scripting (I'm not sure). You can disable items on specific dmaps, but if you want to disable items indefinitely that would also require scripting. Unfortunately I can't script so I won't be of much further help.

You can post script requests [here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1158)].

CloudWeaver
01-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I can make an item modify the color of link, if you know how to make it actually change the tiles please, do tell. As for items, I don't want to disable them, I want to remove them from link's inventory entirely as if I had activated cheat level 3 and unchecked the box. I'll ask for a script... Can someone direct me to instructions on how to apply scripts once they've been made?

Also, another problem unrelated to the topic. How do I make people talk? I have the strings set up, I have the warps to the rooms working, but I get no reaction. The rooms are on DMap 1 and are all connected to their correspondences on DMap 0 properly.

Shazza Dani
01-01-2009, 02:57 PM
In the item editor, under the GFX tab, there's a box that says "Link Tile Modification". If you set the number to 20, that will transform all of Link's tiles to the next row of tiles (because each row has 20 tiles; change the number accordingly if the tiles are in a different spot).

Applying scripts to a quest is kind of confusing. I don't feel entirely comfortable trying to explain it because I don't think I quite understand everything, but I'll try… From what I've gathered, all your scripts need to be in one text file, then you rename the extension as ".z". In ZQuest find the "Compile Script…" option and click Import, select your .z file and load the scripts into whatever slots. There's certain scripts that need to be attached to items, others that need to be attached to FFCs, and there's other types of scripts that I don't really know anything about. But for Item or FFC scripts, it's simply a matter of adding the script number to a box found in the item editor (or FFC editor) once it's been imported to the quest file.