PDA

View Full Version : DisneyLand

Beldaran
12-23-2008, 09:15 AM
So I'm in California for Christmas, and in 30 minutes I'm getting in a car and going to spend 2 days in Disneyland.

So I'm going to have ass buckets of fun for the next two days. Have fun surfing the internet, turd burglers.

;)

Revfan9
12-23-2008, 10:11 AM
I've been to Disney World around the holidays before... Sucked balls. We didn't really do much more than stand around and argue about what we were going to do next, and of course we couldn't just split up and go where we wanted to go because WE'RE A FAMILY AND WE HAVE TO SPEND OUR TIME HERE TOGETHER THIS PLACE IS SO AWESOME BLAH BLAH BLAH

And even though it was in Florida, it was cold as balls. Esp. considering that we never went home until the park gates closed. New Year's Eve in Epcot sucked, cause it really wasn't much more than shitty music being played while drunken idiots collapsed over each other in front of that huge ball thing.

Am I the only person who was disappointed with that Space Mission thing that everyone talks about there? Seriously, you wait in line for 3 hours to be shaken lightly in a space the size of a tuna can with 3 other people while (un)dramatic music plays for about 30 seconds.

Modus Ponens
12-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Dude, if you have the opportunity, I say fuck Disneyland in favor of Six Flags Magic Mountain. That shit is so fucking rad.

phattonez
12-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Bel, in my neck of the woods? I thought I felt the presence of pure evil.

Russ
12-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Bel, in my neck of the woods? I thought I felt the presence of pure evil.
Quoted, as it deserves to be.

Have fun in Disney Land!

Maverick_Zero
12-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Going now? Bad call. I think I'm going after the Super Bowl.

Pineconn
12-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Although you're talking about Disneyland, Disney World was incredible. I really want to go back and hit all the things I missed when I went two years ago with the school band. *kicks self for missing the Haunted Mansion*

Revfan9
12-24-2008, 05:02 AM
Although you're talking about Disneyland, Disney World was incredible. I really want to go back and hit all the things I missed when I went two years ago with the school band. *kicks self for missing the Haunted Mansion*

Remember that movie based on that ride? It turns out, watching that movie gives you the exact same sensation that the ride does.

Trust me. You should be happy.

Cloral
12-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Dude, if you have the opportunity, I say fuck Disneyland in favor of Six Flags Magic Mountain. That shit is so fucking rad.

Disneyland is fun, and everybody should probably see it at least once. But Six Flags does have more exciting rides.

Beldaran
12-25-2008, 01:28 AM

We went to Magic Mountain last year. It was fun, but my nervous system has a hard time being beat to death like that.

Anyone who struggles to have fun in Disneyland is a moron. We used the Fastpass system and basically managed to spend 90% of our time being on rides, eating food, and having fun, and only 10% of our time waiting for shit. It was a blast.

I'll post pictures in this thread when they get transferred from my wife's camera to PC.

Modus Ponens
12-28-2008, 03:34 AM
Hey, all's I'm trying to do here is state my opinion that Six Flags > Disneyland. Disneyland is certainly still fun. I will probably never stop enjoying Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It's just that I fucking love roller coasters, and Six Flags delivers in that category very nicely. And yes, it does assault the nervous system, and sometimes I find that very fun.

Shazza Dani
12-28-2008, 03:50 AM
I'm scared to death of heights and I really don't like amusement parks. Living near Pittsburgh, everyone I know goes to Kennywood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennywood) at least once a year, but I never go with them.

Icey
12-29-2008, 02:05 AM
Yeah, I agree - Six Flags Magic Mountain is way cooler than DLand. But I'm also coming from the point of view that I've been to Disneyland many, many times and Six Flags only twice. Both are certainly still fun.

phattonez
12-29-2008, 04:38 AM
Seeing as how I get really sick on roller coasters thanks to motion sickness, I recommend Disneyland over Six Flags. I can only go to places like that when I'm loaded up on Dramamine.

ShadowTiger
12-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Luckily, most amusement parks only have about two thirds as many social atrocities as many are made out to have (http://www.somethingawful.com/d/comedy-goldmine/amusement-park-failures.php). The only thing I really go for is the rollercoasters, and the good book I read on the way there and home again.

The_Amaster
12-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Pah, the Six Flags>Disneyland argument is pointless. Anyone who's ever been there will tell you Cedar Point>Six Flags>Disneyland

Modus Ponens
12-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Well, yeah, Amaster, but Cedar Point is a little far away for some people. But yes, dude, I certainly want very badly to go to Cedar Point sometime. I imagine it would be incredible amounts of fun.

The_Amaster
12-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Eh true, but man is it worth the trip.
Go the last weekend in August, and there are like, no lines whatsoever.

My parents have never taken us to Disney-anything actually. *shrug*

Glitch
12-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Went there is October, was fun but DisneyWorld is way better. The coasters at Disney suck ass. Go to Cedar Point here in Ohio if you want to see a real roller coaster park.

Cloral
12-30-2008, 12:59 PM
To be fair, you really don't go to Disney for the coasters. That would be like going to Alabama for the ocean. Sure there is some, but you'd be much better served going somewhere else for it. Disney's all about the ambiance, the presentation, the flair. Disney does a great job of immersing you in a separate world every time you board one of their rides.