PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Time!

Cloral
12-22-2008, 02:11 AM
So I'm home at my parents' place for the holidays. When I arrived yesterday there was snow on the ground, and with the snow forecast for this next week it might be my first white Christmas ever. I've got 2 weeks off this year, which is the most time off I've had since graduating (I started working one week after graduation). So I was wondering what everyone else is doing for the holidays. How many of you are staying home this year? Going to see relatives? Is anyone going somewhere warm this year?

Russ
12-22-2008, 03:18 AM
I'm staying home, but it looks like this might be my first White Christmas ever! I'm very excited about it.

JnAKers
12-22-2008, 03:55 AM
im going to hillsvill
get to chill wit my cousions
and wen i say chill i mean like really
we all sit and zone out in front of the tv at thanks giveing and cristmass its awsome
sorta

Daarkseid
12-22-2008, 04:05 AM
Probably going to spend christmas eve at the grandparents house, but Christmas is going to be a bit low key around this house as my dad lost his job earlier last week(funding for his employer got cut off due to a run on hedge funds, related to that ponzi scheme).

Lilith
12-22-2008, 05:51 AM
---

erm2003
12-22-2008, 06:19 AM
Going back to Buffalo Tuesday or Wednesday (I have to work until the 23rd) to spend a week or more at my parents place. I have some plans to meet up with friends who will be in from out of town. Other than that not much else, but it should be nice.

The_Amaster
12-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Four hour drive to Indiana to visit the relatives. We almost were going to leave today, to avoid tomorrows weather, which would have ruined my D&D plans, but after tow hours staring at the weather channel we're leaving Wednesday morning instead.

My grandfather always throws this huge party, so that should be fun. :D

rocksfan13
12-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Not really doing anything special. Just taking my kids to see some relatives around the neighborhood. Bleh. Nothing special.

rock_nog
12-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Christmas for me means visiting my family in Texas, thus giving me two weeks' reprieve from the icy hellhole that is Minnesota.

Archibaldo
12-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Staying at home and doing what ever the fuck I want. I have no responsibility until the 8th of January.

Modus Ponens
12-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Tomorrow morning I'm going to drive to Abbotsford, BC, to take a (hopefully not cancelled) flight to Calgary, AB, to visit my relatives for Christmas. Then on Boxing Day I'm flying back home. I'm a little nervous that I won't get everything ready in time.

Prrkitty
12-23-2008, 03:27 PM
We're staying home for Christmas (thanks to the weather/road conditions in the Gorge (I-84) and all the other roads between Portland, Oregon and Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

So thankfully a quiet Christmas with just hubby, the animals and me :)