PDA

View Full Version : Blizzards

Russ
12-20-2008, 04:43 PM
It looks like a blizzard is supposed to hit here tonight. The power is expected to go out. We have a generator, but while the power's out, I won't be able to connect to the internet. So if I disappear, you know why.

phattonez
12-20-2008, 05:18 PM
So what do you do if you have ice on the windshield of your car in the morning and you can't see out of it? How do you get rid of the ice?

Also, blizzard? Is that some kind of medieval fantasy monster?

Prrkitty
12-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Same here... expecting 6+ inches before night fall (added on top of what we already had). And they're also talking about closing "The Gorge" i.e. I-84 (east/west) ... which is the road we take to get to Paul's parents and family. <blah>

ShadowTiger
12-20-2008, 07:37 PM
A Blizzard. Good luck, definitely.

I remember a few years ago, we had a storm that dumped two feet of snow on us in Southeastern New York. We shoveled all of our snow onto a single spot on the lawn. When we were done, the snow was about nine or ten feet high. My sister lost a boot in it. It wasn't visible until a week and a half later.

ZTC
12-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Lost power a few days ago, and now the power is being really touchy with the nasty wind. I may love the cold, but I hate this nasty weather.

Prrkitty
12-21-2008, 12:43 AM
12/20/08 @ 8:42p (Pacific)

Well… after letting Teddy go out into the snow and play (earlier this afternoon) and then giving my little snow-matted furry bundle of joy… a bath to 1) warm him up and 2) clean him off…

We NOW have snow deeper then Teddy is tall. He just went outside (after I finished brushing and drying him) so he could go pee… and he had a heck of a time finding a spot to go on. EVERYWHERE is covered in DEEP snow.

The snow is EVEN an inch deep up against the base of our front door (porch side).

ZTC
12-21-2008, 12:47 AM
There's an inch or two from the snow, but there's an inch of ice on just about everything. Makes for some fun skating on parts of the yard, but also lost part of a tree because of it. >_> Took a while to get most of that cut down.

gdorf
12-21-2008, 03:49 AM
Yeah. I took the train up to Seattle this morning and immediately drove back to Portland with my girlfriend. It took us over six hours to get home (normally a three hour drive). It was pretty gnarly on the freeways.

Now that we're home I'm hoping to enjoy the snow for awhile.

I think tomorrow I'll fulfill a lifetime goal of building an igloo! :thumbsup:

Beldaran
12-21-2008, 06:05 AM
It's time like this, and all other times as well, that I'm glad I no longer live in Washington.

Being cold is awful.

Lilith
12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
---

Dechipher
12-21-2008, 03:52 PM
I LOVE the cold, I just really hate the wind. Which is why Oklahoma is a hell hole.

Russ
12-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Well, the power went out, but it's already back on. It wasn't actually that bad.

JnAKers
12-22-2008, 12:24 AM
So what do you do if you have ice on the windshield of your car in the morning and you can't see out of it? How do you get rid of the ice?

Also, blizzard? Is that some kind of medieval fantasy monster?

:lmao:

dude
just scrape the ice off with a ice scraper
=D

and a blizzard is a snow storm
or the company that made starcraft,diablo,warcraft

Cloral
12-22-2008, 02:20 AM
I was just waiting for someone to make the WoW comment.

Living in SoCal all I ever get is rain. But on my drive yesterday to Utah I encountered snow on the Cahuenga Pass, all the way down at its base. Which is in the LA basin. It's the first time I've ever seen snow in Southern California that wasn't up in the mountains. Further along in Victorville there were a couple of snowplows clearing one of the onramps to the interstate. I know that sounds like nothing to anyone else, but that's a very unusual sight around here.

Tomorrow is supposed to bring a mix of rain and snow here. That's supposed to continue through Friday.

JnAKers
12-22-2008, 02:56 AM
yea but i notced something
everytime someone says 'wow' its like avdersting there product

but i do like there ozzy commerical
"you may have been rideing a fu**king crazy train but iv been the 1979"

gah i whant some snow
really badly

:whap: sombody