PDA

View Full Version : Christmas music that I don't hate (<3 I lubz et!)

Rijuhn
12-17-2008, 03:04 AM
So anyway, I hate holiday music. Christmas music that is well composed and was made like 100 years ago or more is usually pwesome. Hallelujah Chorus, Gloria!, stuff like that.

Music made in the last century sucks because it's consumerism BS. GAH! Stop freaking sing about Santa Claus and Jack Frost, they don't exist!

This brings me to my main point. Chocobo's Happy Christmas makes me feel all warm and tingly on the inside and perks up my thoughts. I feel the most Christmasy (in the mistletoe and hot coco sort of way) when I listen to it. I imagine a little Santa hat-wearing Chocobo running happily as fast as he can across a snowy land to a warm cozy town. Not the desolate opening to Final Fantasy 6 though.

I have to say it's one of the few Christmas compositions, that aren't religious in nature, that actually do something to the inside of me.

Other works by Nobuo Uematsu effect me like Fisherman's Horizon, Silence and Motion, Kefka's Final Battle, and One Winged Angel. So memorable, so emotional, and when I listen to them it seems as if time stands still, or that I forget time exists at all. I'm just raptured by the piece.

Archibaldo
12-17-2008, 09:54 PM
The best Christmas album ever is Twisted Sister's A Twisted Christmas. Normally covers of classic music suck, but this is just awesome.