PDA

View Full Version : ZC with controller for Mac?

rebonack
12-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Hey guys, I've been playing Zelda classic on-and-off for years, originally on Windows, and more recently on my MacBook Pro. Usually I play on keyboard (I just finished playing through the original first quest using my keyboard) but I would like to play using a controller.

I have a Logitech Dual Action PC controller and I have also connected my PS3 controller and downloaded a driver to make that work, but I can't get either one to work correctly in ZC. Neither one is recognized when I choose gamepad/joystick in ZC itself, and I also downloaded a few programs to translate button presses to keystrokes (USB Overdrive and GamePadCompanion).

They work, as in I can press the buttons to attack and pause, but Link automatically moves whenever I try to use a controller. He goes straight forward even when I press nothing, and when I try to push the control pad or joystick, nothing happens -- he just continues walking.

Does anyone know if there's a way to make a controller work, or if there are plans to fix it? I would absolutely love to play ZC with a controller, so if anyone knows one way or the other if there's anything I can do, I would appreciate it.

I'm running OS-X 10.5.5 (Leopard) on an intel MacBook Pro, if that matters.

CaRmAgE
12-16-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm running OS-X 10.5.5 (Leopard) on an intel MacBook Pro, if that matters.

I don't think it matters at all. I also have a Logitech Dual Action controller, and I get the same problem on Windows (Link walking on his own).

rebonack
12-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Well maybe that means there's incompatibility with this specific controller. In that case, does anyone know of a controller that works with Zelda Classic? Or if they plan to fix this problem with certain controllers? I'll buy a whole new controller if I have to. :P

s2dve
12-16-2008, 01:33 PM
I have a Nyko Air Flow that I have been using for years and I just tried it in the latest build, 9.10.

Works just fine.

Just trying to help.

Warlock2019
07-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Posting here even though its two years old... If it seems no-one noticed I may make a new one :D...

I'm also having this problem with an XBOX360 wired controller. I can technically control Link, but it involves using the L&R triggers because it is reading that axis as the directional pad\stick. I was wondering if there was maybe a fix in the works to be able to select what you use for the direction controls? Or a future way to completely disable the controller in-game so i can use Enjoy to map the keyboard to the joystick?

Using Mac build 1274