PDA

View Full Version : SotW 26 (winner is Joe123)

Joe123
12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Joe123

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/Joe123ZC/zelda013-1.png

No Caption

CastChaos

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9669/thespringdo6.png

Spring on Mt.Dead End.

gray0x

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm146/yargzz/zelda045.png

It's a dungeon and stuff.

Shazza Dani
12-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Ahh! You didn't wait for me. Which is fine, because I didn't even start to make a screen yet…

Sooo,

I'm voting for Joe!

CastChaos
12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm nulling for I am in. Otherwise Joe pulled off an insane GB greatness. The variety is high. So me-a vote there.

Russ
12-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Joe: not your best GB screen, but still pretty good.

CC: Very nice. The cliff tile on the right side looks a little strange. Then again, I do the same thing, so I don't blame you there. DoR mountains can be hard to use sometimes. :)

gray0x/Lithium: I like this one a lot. The walls themselves are symmetrical, but the overall screen isn't because of the floor. Very nice.

Tough to vote this week, but I think I'm voting for CastChaos. The way he uses DoR mountains makes me feel better about not being able to figure them out completely. :D

Banon
12-15-2008, 03:42 PM
I choose Joe. His has the best continuity (In my opinion)

Anthus
12-15-2008, 07:08 PM
So, we're back to our own shots?

Cool. Joe's is nice, and aesthetically pleasing with good colors, and layout. I like CC's colors, but the ground is too repetitive. Grey0x's dungeon shot is ok, but I'm not a fan of narrow, and symmetrical designs :/

Vote goes to Joe.

Joe123
12-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Obviously I didn't vote cause I entered.

Gray0x's is pretty nice, although a few diagonal sections might do the walls some good.

CC's screen is just not well designed.
The amount of walkable area is restricted to the point at which you're just about squeezing through 1 combo passageways to get round. Then there's the wall one combo from the edge at the bottom which you'll walk into the moment you enter the screen there.
Then if you look a bit closer, it becomes apparent that there actuallly isn't anything to do on that screen anyway...
I might be missing something, but I certainly can't see anything of any consequence on that screen.
It's a dead end with over-restricted walking area, why would anyone even walk onto it?

The palette's not amazing too. I don't know if it's a DoR default or a custom palette, but either way it looks pretty horrible. The greens look almost sick-coloured, and the screen's just too brown overall.

That mountain error on the right is just horrible.
Usually I don't like it when people keep moaning about tiny tile errors in mountains, but this just looks awful. Awful along the lines of 'DoR mountains used in a Z1 style'. You can't just decide you want a great big wall on the right and stick a line of a tile there and expect it to work.

Those small blue splodges also aren't doing the screen any good either. What are they meant to be?
They look like peanuts or something.
Detail can do a screen good, but just picking random graphics and throwing them down isn't helping at all.

I don't think the overhand rain layer's helping either, it just appears to be obscuring the screen...

Anthus
12-18-2008, 04:02 AM
I like his greens, and blues (trees specifically). I think the blue "peanuts" are supposed to be puddles. I do agree with the bad use of mountains, but I think the screen is meant to be a dead end. My only real complaint is too much dirt. The detailed DoR default dirt tile looks bad when repeated so much. The line of tiles on the right also does pose some perspective questions, and ultimately looks bad. Not bad over-all, but it is a far cry from the best screen ever.

Mr.Buttersworth
12-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Voted for Joe. As usual, CastChaos, removing the rain from the shot might help a bit... and a bit of action might help, too. Joe once again proves his skills with GBZ, anyway.

Joe123
12-21-2008, 06:09 AM
You post as though you've seen it all before, and yet you only have 2 posts?
Are you from PZC or summat?

Gleeok
12-21-2008, 06:25 AM
I had to vote for the dungeon shot.

You post as though you've seen it all before, and yet you only have 2 posts?
Are you from PZC or summat?

summatikdat (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=104565)

Joe123
12-21-2008, 06:31 AM
Aha, Moonwhisper.

Hi!

Russ
12-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh, that explains a lot. Awesome name too!

Although this is getting off topic.

Then again, I wouldn't mind to have a repeat of that SotW that errupted into an all-out battle. :rolleyes:

Shazza Dani
12-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh crap, it's sunday. I better work on a shot for tomorrow. O:

Joe123
12-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Oh, that's a good point.
Good thing I have a load =P

/M/
12-21-2008, 11:01 PM
My vote went to Joe123's shot. Its the overall most appealing shot this week.

Shazza Dani
12-22-2008, 04:56 AM
FFFFFFF- I probably won't submit anything. I can't get in the mood to build a screen.

Joe123
12-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Well, we've got two shots (including mine), so I'll post SotW 27 up in the next couple hours if we don't get anymore.

Gleeok
12-22-2008, 12:28 PM
I'll send in something. :) It won't be much but I'm overdue anyways.

Joe123
12-22-2008, 12:47 PM
3 shots sounds good to me!
I'll go post up in a minute or two.

Or when I can be bothered or something...