PDA

View Full Version : Modus Ponens vs. Tycho Brahe

Modus Ponens
12-14-2008, 04:06 AM
So, I work at Brookstone in the Northgate Mall, right? So, tonight, I was working there, minding my own business, when Jerry "Tycho Brahe" Holkins walked by the store with his wife Brenna! They stopped outside it, and I recognized them (it's funny—I actually recognized her first), and went up to him and said, "Hey! You signed my cribbage board!", referring to the autograph session I attended at PAX.

Anyway, they came in looking for a specific item, to which I led them, and then they continued to shop around a bit. "I must admit," I said to him, "I'd been wondering when Gabe or Tycho would come into the store," to which he replied, "Well, now, I guess." I showed them this fun little toy helicopter, and flew it around, and they ended up buying one, and then I had them try out this excellent foot massager we sell.

It was great! They were so warm and friendly. I hope they come back in again, so I get the opportunity to act like a normal human being and not some simpering dolt like I was on the verge of being that entire time. Tycho certainly is one of my idols, so... it was fun.

(Also, his wife is pretty Goddamned cute.)

Beldaran
12-14-2008, 05:06 AM
They were so warm and friendly.

I'd be pretty warm and friendly too if I got paid buckets of money to play video games and type what I think about them on the internet.

rock_nog
12-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Heh, that's awesome. Personally, I'd hate to meet anyone I considered a celebrity, simply because of the desire to not look like a simpering dolt.

Cloral
12-15-2008, 01:55 PM
I saw them a few years ago at e3, but didn't want to wait several hours in line for an autograph. Spent the time playing the Wii instead. Still, wouldn't mind having a signature on my "Jesus is F'ing Metal" shirt.