PDA

View Full Version : alttp style crystal switches (need help please)

zeldafan2008
12-13-2008, 03:57 AM
I'm using version 2.10. One of the dungeons in my quest has those crystal switches, and the purple and orange colored blocks that sink into the floor or rise up when you hit the switch (like in A Link to the Past). I know how to make it so when you hit the switch, one color of block will come up, and the other color will go down (that's easy)...but I was wondering how you can make it so you can hit the switch multiple times and continually make the orange and purple blocks swap up/down positions?

I have a room where I want it so after you hit a switch to lower a row of orange blocks...you can throw the boomerang back at the switch to trigger it again so you can raise the orange blocks back up and cross over a row of purple blocks (just like in alttp). I've heard this is possible to do with a trick called tiering, but I can't figure out how to do it, and I haven't been able to find anything in any walkthroughs that have been able to help either. A good explanation from someone here on how to pull this off would be very much appreciated. Thanks.