PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions

Banon
12-12-2008, 03:46 PM
All right here I go...

1. I'm trying to make a room where all block triggers need to be pushed before a shutter will open, but after just covering one, the door opens. I've done rooms like this before, but just this time it doesn't work. In case it's relevant, solid blocks is on, freeform dungeons are off, and block->shutters is off. The only difference I notice between the rooms, is the one that works has blocks that are pushed multiple times each, while only one push per block is required with the latter. (It's in a dungeon by the way).

2. I have a shop in an overworld... The shop sells three things for free: bombs, hearts. and magic. Sometimes when I go in the shop, I can only buy bombs. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, except the problem is permanent when it happens once.

3. When trying to test dungeons, I give myself all items available for that point in the game. Naryu's Love, and Farore's Wind constantly uncheck themselves in the init data page.

(I have more to add, but I'm out of time right now, so I'll edit later)

The_Amaster
12-12-2008, 04:22 PM
1.)Just push in general? Or onto specific squares. Because you can't do the former, but if you make the latter "Block Triggers, that will do what you want.

2.)No idea.

3.)What version are you using? There were a bunch of bugs like that several builds ago, but I was under the impression that they were all fixed.

Shazza Dani
12-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Instead of using initial data for testing, you can enable cheats to give yourself all the items while playing.

CaRmAgE
12-12-2008, 05:12 PM
3) Enable the items in the first tab last. It's a bug that was reported a while ago where if you switch tabs before clicking OK, some items get unchecked.

Banon
12-13-2008, 07:35 PM
3) Enable the items in the first tab last. It's a bug that was reported a while ago where if you switch tabs before clicking OK, some items get unchecked.

Thanks...

1 is solved (I needed to use "Push, (Insert Direction Here), Once, silent/"

2) The shop is in a cave/item room. I think the glitch happens when I first start the quest, because not only does it perma-glitch the shop, but when there is no problem once, that is also permanent. (And is really freaking me out)

I'm using 2.10, or the newest version downloadable as of December 10, 2008 on the Zelda Classic webpage. (I had some other problems that required re-downloading, but these problems I've had before then, so it isn't relevant)

3 is solved. (For the record, I know about the cheat way, but when I'm testing for ability to make it through the room without damage, I refrain from using cheats)

4) This isn't really an important question, but I don't see it anywhere on the quest editor listings, yet I have no clue how its done. Under carful examination of other quests, I have noticed that the word "LIFE" above health bars is gone. How do you edit that? That is, edit my own quest to either remove the word, or put something else in that space.

5) Finally, because 5 quesrtions is enough when I said I had three, how do you change the CSets for the Hearts (Health Meter, not item), and the selection. When I change to selection CSet, it still uses 1, or 8 (I can't tell which, because they are the same colour, or close enough that I can't tell them apart). I don't want to change the actual CSet.

Xyvol
12-15-2008, 11:24 AM
#4: The newst versions have a subscreen editor that you can use to change that screen (passive) and the weapons subscreen (active). It is under Misc Data I believe.

Banon
12-16-2008, 11:59 AM
#4: The newst versions have a subscreen editor that you can use to change that screen (passive) and the weapons subscreen (active). It is under Misc Data I believe.

I know about this in the newer versions, but I don't want to download them, because it is a beta...

Besides the quests that I've seen without the word LIFE came out a while ago. I think some are even 1.83.

If I'm wrong in saying this, I apologize, I just want to make it clear that I'm looking for answers that don't require downloading, or scripting,

Joe123
12-16-2008, 12:14 PM
To get rid of the word life, go to the Misc. Colours editor, and change one of the ones relating to the susbcreen in there.
Can't remember which.
As a result you can only get rid of it, not replace it with something else.

You can't change the CSet of the hearts, it's hard-coded.

You'd be much better off using a beta though.

Banon
12-16-2008, 03:11 PM
To get rid of the word life, go to the Misc. Colours editor, and change one of the ones relating to the susbcreen in there.
Can't remember which.
As a result you can only get rid of it, not replace it with something else.

You can't change the CSet of the hearts, it's hard-coded.

You'd be much better off using a beta though.

Thanks and darn... guess I'll just add an outline to the hearts or something.

All are solved but 2. I'm now left with just information to give that likely will be irrelevant, but...

The text line is ,"Buy my stuff please."
It's in a cave/item room.
The guy is the merchant.
The shop type number is 3.
The items are displayed left to right are, "Heart, Magic Jar (Large), and Bomb."
It's on map 1, dmap 0, or 1 (Whatever is the lowest number)
Screen number is 43
The graphic for the merchant is edited so that the + on his apron is black.
The door is a "Cave-Walk Down"
The tile warp is an "entrance/exit" type.
At this point in the game, the player usually has 1 triforce piece.

Everything else should have been mentioned before.