PDA

View Full Version : The 50 worst cars of all time

Prrkitty
12-07-2008, 06:51 PM
http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1657686,00.html

Very interesting list. The article/s written for each vehicle is good for a few laughs.

I think my favorite is #16 - 1961 Amphicar.

Daarkseid
12-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Ahh, what kind of BS is this

Uh-oh. Here comes trouble. Let's stipulate that the Model T did everything that the history books say: It put America on wheels, supercharged the nation's economy and transformed the landscape in ways unimagined when the first Tin Lizzy rolled out of the factory. Well, that's just the problem, isn't it? The Model T — whose mass production technique was the work of engineer William C. Klann, who had visited a slaughterhouse's "disassembly line" — conferred to Americans the notion of automobility as something akin to natural law, a right endowed by our Creator. A century later, the consequences of putting every living soul on gas-powered wheels are piling up, from the air over our cities to the sand under our soldiers' boots. And by the way, with its blacksmithed body panels and crude instruments, the Model T was a piece of junk, the Yugo of its day.

This is sort of tantamount to calling the first axe, a very influential tool in human history, a piece of shit because it was made from stone and also led to deforestation.

I guess thats probably why its #49 but thats still just utterly ridiculous to include it for the reasons stated. I guess we should all be living in a world without motorized transportation beyond railroads, although I suspect we'll be seeing a 50 worst trains list with the first example of a commercially successful steam locomotive at #48. So we can't have trains either. EDIT: It was 49 because the list is organized from earliest to most recent example of cars, I ought to finish reading the articles before opening my stupid mouth.

The_Amaster
12-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Heh, some of these are absolutly hilarious. That motorcycle thing? Priceless.

(For everything else there's Mastercard. *badum bum*)

Beldaran
12-07-2008, 11:37 PM
ah, if only we lived in mud huts and died of dysentery at age 23 like the environmentalists desire.

AlphaDawg
12-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Too many of the cars on this list are there just because they don't get 30 mpg on the highway. I guess that's what you get when an environmentalist wacko writes the list. Good gas mileage does not a good car make.

Take the Ford Explorer, Excursion, and Hummer H2 off the list and replace them with the Chevy Vega, the smart car (friggin' soup can on wheels, an environmentalish wacko's wet dream), and the Volkswagen Passat (yes, my car, I've put $600 into the thing the past three weeks, eating up a sizable amount of my first check from my new job).