PDA

View Full Version : Not too far off now...

Brasel
12-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Things have been very hectic, but good. My unit is almost ready to leave. All my soldiers are gone and now its just me, the platoon sergeant, and the officer in charge of our shop. 3 people is really nice honestly. I really missed being the one doing the majority of the work. Getting soldiers under me really made me lazy this deployment. Its been refreshing doing all the computer work for the battalion again. Great thing is, I leave in less than a week! I'll be home for Christmas this year, and I really can't wait to see my wife and my family. I'm getting out of the army when I get back from leave and I'll be in the Reserves for about 2 years before getting out completely. I get complete Stateside stabilization in the Reserves for 24 months. Normally, when you enlist the Army, (it might be the same way for the other branches, I'm not sure) you have an 8 year obligation. If you sign up for 2 years, you have 6 years of inactive reserve time to do, if you sign for 4 years, you have 4 years of IR. Theres a program that if I sign up for the regular reserves and do my time one weekend a month, mine will be shortened to 2 years stateside since I've been deployed twice in my career and was extended past my end of term of service date. So I'll be doing that so they don't call me back up from the IR and stick me in some random unit doing some random job. So I get to be a civilian and stay in the army for awhile as a Sergeant at the same time. If I get really hard up for a job later on down the line, I'll just get a job as a civilian contractor working for the military doing some sort of computer or communications job. I'm more than qualified for it and it pays decently and I won't have to completely give up my freedoms and sign my life over to a military branch.

Look out, I'm coming home!

Prrkitty
12-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Woohooo!!! Travel safely sweetheart. Wish we all could meetcha at the airport.
Love you...
Prry

ShadowTiger
12-06-2008, 07:00 PM
The last half of your post made me feel about as good as I'm sure it did for you. GG Sir anthony. I'm very glad that all is looking so well for you. :)

Aegix Drakan
12-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Awesome.

Looks like things are really starting to look up for you, Anthony. I'm glad for ya.

:) And you get to be home for Christmas too. That's a major bonus.

rock_nog
12-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I agree with Prrkitty - the only way this news could possibly be any better is if we all could meet you at the airport. Merry Christmas, Anthony!

The_Amaster
12-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Alright, couldn't be more perfect timing on your return! What better way to celebrate than spending the holidays with your family?

Icey
12-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Awesome, Anthony. I'm so happy for you. =)

Russ
12-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Congrats! Have a great Christmas, now that you're done staying with the Army!

erm2003
12-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Glad to see you will be back and in time for the holidays! Congrats man, you are almost there!

Din
12-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Have a jolly holiday! Glad to hear that you'll be coming home for the holidays! Make sure not to get too sick on fruitcake! ;)

Trevelyan_06
12-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Congratulations! You have completed the active army quest. You have gained 100,000 experience and leveled up!

When you get back Tony, we'll all be waiting for you. At some point it'd be awesome if we all could go out together.