PDA

View Full Version : Mumbai...

Pryme8
11-29-2008, 08:52 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081129/ap_on_re_as/as_india_shooting;_ylt=Aj_S_Kxrk8sj9wxNCUFgG2DLLJ9 4

I think the world is getting to be a very dangerous place...

I wonder when someone is gonna get their hands on something more dangerous then guns.

rock_nog
11-29-2008, 09:41 AM
The world has always been a dangerous place. I hate when people hear about some terrible tragedy and, because they've led such sheltered lives, immediately jump to the conclusion that this is something new, that we haven't seen this kind of behavior since the dawn of time. Even worse, the government loves to exploit those fears, to make people think that now, all of the sudden, their lives are in eminent danger and that the only way to save themselves is to hand over their freedom to the government. And even then, is the risk of an attack ever diminished? No - terrible people will do terrible things, it's a fact of life, and no one else can change that.

Pryme8
11-30-2008, 11:35 PM
way to try to say I have a sheltered life because I am worried about the threat of nuclear or bio terrorism...

AlphaDawg
12-01-2008, 12:03 AM
way to try to say I have a sheltered life because I am worried about the threat of nuclear or bio terrorism...If the terrorists ever attack our forum, we can count on your signature to defend us.

As for the attacks in Mumbai, how could these have happened? Obama was just elected our president, all of this was supposed to end!

Dechipher
12-01-2008, 12:08 AM
As for the attacks in Mumbai, how could these have happened? Obama was just elected our president, all of this was supposed to end!

Yeah, but he's not in office yet, right? So he hasn't gotten a chance to fix everything.

rock_nog
12-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Funny, I remember Bush promising to end terrorism, and he's had seven damn years to do it.

Shazza Dani
12-01-2008, 10:21 AM
George Bush is not Obama-sistable!

If you don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1807712

Pryme8
12-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Funny, I remember Bush promising to end terrorism, and he's had seven damn years to do it.

he tried...

Id like to see anyone put an end to it... it would be impossible, we would have to nuke a bunch of countries.

Not to mention Bush did a great job, and all the policies he has established that are actually going to help put country here in the next couple of years Obama is gonna get all the credit for them.

Trevelyan_06
12-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Pryme8 did you take the AK47 out of your sig because that's what they used in these attacks?

Aegix Drakan
12-01-2008, 07:54 PM
*frustrated sigh*

Well, another disaster. I'm a bit shocked at the amount of people dead (killed by no more than 10 people), but as to the fact that it happenned....

Shit like this happens now. The world (particularily in countries where life is hard) is full of people who are hurt and angry, and who are juuust waiting for an excuse to hurt someone. Then someone sees this, brainwashes them to their own needs and BAM. They make them do stuff like this. It's become a common story.

I just wish there was something that could be done, but considering how deep the old wounds in these places run....not likely.

My condolences go to everyone there.

Icey
12-02-2008, 03:59 PM
As terrible as this was, it could have been prevented, apparently. It seems the US gave India a warning about an attack in Mumbai a week before it happened...