PDA

View Full Version : Ballad of a Bloodline Help

Santano64neo
11-28-2008, 03:57 AM
I need help in Ballad of a Bloodline. I'm in the first dungeon and I can't get the key on the far right of the first floor. You know, before the raft path. Any tips?

CastChaos
11-28-2008, 06:25 AM
You need to press right when going on the raft, then you get rafted into the underwater stairs and end up at the far right, only a bit of walking and item using from there to the key.

Apparently, seems like most of the players need help on this matter. :)

Santano64neo
11-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks. Are you talking about the right side of the room. I had been in there before and I got bombs from the Goriya. I thought you bomb the wall where the map says "bomb some walls". I've already wasted like 80 rupees bombing that area.

CastChaos
11-28-2008, 03:07 PM
After you get into the underwater stairs, you get into a reverse L shaped room. The left end of the south wall is cracked, bomb the middle of the crack. The message "bomb some walls" onlytells that bombable walls exist in this dungeon, nothing more.

Santano64neo
11-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks. I just figured that out now. I just need to figure out how to move that armos statue. I'm guessing I bomb it, right?

KavinPulsar
11-28-2008, 09:43 PM
I need help too. I am looking for the Lens of Truth. i am having a real hard time in Dungeon 2 and figured the Lens would make it clear. Can you point me to general area where I can find it, like Death Mountain, Hyrule Field, Kakariko Village, Lake Hylia? I have searched and searched and searched. I got 7 full hearts and 20 bombs for all my searching, and still haven't completed Dungeon 2...

gray0x
11-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Lens of Truth is is Kakariko Village. Go to the screen with the windmill, and hookshot the gray mushrooms near the cliff.

The windmill guy gives you the directions for the maze.

KavinPulsar
11-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Dude, you are a lifesaver!!!! You wouldn't happen to know how to get that gold key in Dungeon two, where the waterfall and firex4 skeleton are (lower right of F2)? There is a block which covers a chest... can't figure out how to break the block.

gray0x
11-28-2008, 11:43 PM
You gotta hookshot into the hole in the wall.

KavinPulsar
11-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow, stuff like that is real tough for me for some reason :)

KavinPulsar
11-30-2008, 11:35 AM
I think I found a bug. In the inverted world, in Beamos Baracks. direct north on Level 2 area with the fans. Right after the fan section, there is a transition room with the two big ropes and 4 gold statues, where there is a gate blocking the door. I can't get the gate open and there are no monsters in the room. I have one reg key left and the boss key. Then I discovered there are some monster stuck in the wall (about 9, three different areas). They materialize one at a time. I kill one, exit, re-enter, kill another, exit, etc (kill total of 4 trapped monsters bottom wall, 4 trapped monsters left wall, 1 trapped monster top wall, if I remember correctly). I don't know if this is a bug and the room is suppose to be filled with monsters. And the monsters can't be reached by sword - I have to use bow & arrow.

CastChaos
12-01-2008, 07:05 AM
This isn't bug, you need to kill the monsters in the wall. And of course you need to use bow&arrow! :D You just got an arrow, use it, Sir! :D
Also, you can kill all of them in one go, just keep shooting at all wall parts. There's 10 enemy of them. Kill all wall crawlers and the gate opens. :)

KavinPulsar
12-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Geeez, that took me forever to figure out :laughing:. I found these secret dungeons in the level 2 and level 3 in this inverted world. Was there also one in Level 1? If so, where should I look?

Level 4 is really cool. I like the tree which you can't escape from :tongue:

-Z-
12-01-2008, 10:54 PM
well... I'd love to get to playing this quest, I just have a slight problem... for some reason, it keeps making ZC 2.10.0 crash with an access violation(according to the visual C++ debugger) before the intro text is done. at best, I get to the line about "children leaving for" and that's it, *boom*.

KavinPulsar
12-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Bummer dude. I can only tell you I am running Windows XP SP2 on my laptop and it works fine. Perhaps you have an earlier version of Windows and 2.10 doesn't work?

CastChaos
12-02-2008, 08:28 AM
KevinPulsar:
Yes, all IW main dungeons have a subdungeon. In the first one, look at the southeast area of the center big room and use the item you got in that dungeon. There should be something that wasn't in any other part of the dungeon. It took hours for my sister to figure out...

-Z- and KevinPulsar
Well, 2.10 was made for W-98 or W-ME, it's just an extra that it works with XP SP2, too. I rather suspect that you have Vista, 2.10 works badly with that. I knew just one other person who had this "crash while intro" problem. I haven't heard from him for a long ago, but maybe try reinstalling 2.10.0. I also heard that BB doesn't work with Linux, but this isn't confirmed. If you really can't play BB as you should, then download 2.5b887, I heard it runs BB almost as well as 2.10.0.

-Z-
12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
wrong and wrong. running XP Professional service pack 2, build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.0702272254.

and as it is, I've already got two version of ZC installed, I don't feel a desire to install another, especially one that's being used for only one quest. brainstorms people, brainstorms. before I give up on what looks to be an interesting quest. *sweat*

maybe you could PM me an intro-less version? or does it establish anything that the quest database entry and readme stuff doesn't? I don't mean to make ye more work, but...

KavinPulsar
12-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Dude, thanks a lot! I still can't believe I have 21 hearts (+ some container fillings) and have only completed IW L4 and gotten the Four Swords :)

I feel heart container greedy now!!! How do you get that container in Dead End (Caves) that is surrounded by a black chasm and sits on a little platform? This is on the left most side, a couple screens below Mr. Skeleton...

Also, I was really wondering. Before I came to IW, there was one area I couldn't get into in the Light World. There was a mohawk guy w/ a spear guarding a pass on the right of Lake Hylia. with a grayed out area behind him on the map. Was there a way to get in there? ( I saved a copy of the game at that juncture in case I wanted to go back and explore for any missing secrets).

CastChaos
12-03-2008, 05:31 AM
KevinPulsar:
That HCP on the platform? You need to fall from above. From the continue point (far north) of Mt.Dead End, go south til you can, the west til you can and there you see a dark stone that you can push now that you have Goron mask.
That area to the left of Lake Hylia is Gerudo Desert. But you can't access it. I ran out of secrets and story elements, I couldn't put anything important there and I didn't want an useless area, so I simply sealed it. Same reasons for you can't enter it in IW. But you will be able to enter it in BB's sequel which is already in production and even has a demo at PureZC. (title of sequel is Seasoned Blood, but the intro contains spoilers about BB, like what happens with Vaati)
Anyway, it was wise from you to save a copy of the part before IW.

-Z-
Well, I want everybody to be able to play BB. Making an edited version isn't an impossible effort, but if it crashes for you at the intro without any good reason, maybe it would crash right after that, too... and then I could keep making the edited versions for you, cutting out crash parts one by one. You know what? I'd even do that, but maybe a simple update (that doesn't remove the intro) would help. There already was many bugs found since last update and yesterday a very serious one was found, so I probably send in an update to the PureZC database. As soon as it arrives (can be a hour, can be two weeks), I ask an AGN database manager to update this database with the new file, too.
I blame the fact that 2.10 keeps working bad for certain people... one can't run it in windowed mode, other can't run it in full screen, other can't play a certain quest... As I see, the bigger the filesize of a quest, the more people can't play it normally.
So, update is in works. I want YOU to join the Hungarian army play BB!

KavinPulsar
12-03-2008, 04:14 PM
I am back again :)

I beat Glacier Grotto, and have all three masks. But there is an area left in the Groto I can't figure out:

There is a room surrounded by 4 walls I can't get into on B1 Glacier Groto on the East side. What gives? On the map, it looks like there is a passage in the room with the big skull and spiked ice walks...

I also would like to complain!! I have collected painstakingly 24 hearts and finally got a enough heart containers for an upgrade! And what happens, there isn't any 25th :( I just get a little life restored.

CastChaos
12-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Hm, if you speak about the enclosed room just south of the huge hurting snow room, yu can access it by a teleport. Just south of the enclosed room is a room with many blocks. Push them in a way that you fill the upper and bottom rows with blocks (so keep pushing them up and down). If all at place, the teleport appears.
If you speak of the northern room, with armos statues, use the dungeon item on the middle armos.

About that 24 hearts... complain to the developers. You can't collect more than 24 hearts, and I could only lower the maximum amount. I can't keep track of my HC/Ps, that's why I always give out more... But hey, this way you will be able to pay Dynamo AND still have 24 hearts in the end.

KavinPulsar
12-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks again. So I have journeyed far and have beat IW level 7. But I am short of triforce pieces. I am thinking I better retrace my steps and search high and low. I missed one at IW Level 4 and i can't get back in. Am I out of luck, or is the entrance to the secret dungeon associated with that medal elsewhere? Likewhere those fairies are? And if so, could you point me in the right area...
I am also searching IW level 6 for its triforce. I found this crazy time portal and go back to the VERY beginning or get trapped in a "Swing Beast untamed" sentence (I do mean trapped). I take it this isn't the triforce area???Where should I go...

CastChaos
12-05-2008, 06:29 AM
First of all, download the latest updated file from www.purezc.com I soon send it to the AGN database managers, too. It fixes the "IW L6 => intro and stuck" warp chain bug. Otherwise when you enter a buggy warp and come out on a layer screen with 4 keese, you should immediately go back unless you want a chance for a nice big game stopping bug.

Now, IW L4 subdungeon... since the Nightmare can't be revisited, its subdungeon isn't in it. Go to the east house of Kakarpolis, go upstairs and use the wand (not the wand magic) on Myra.
IW L6 subdungeon... go down to the water floor,go 2 screens south. You are in a screen full of water. There's one water tile that animates at different speed. Dive! :)

EDIT: New version also has cheats, if you stuck somewhere and can't get out somehow, then can I PM the appropriate cheat to you. Like, if you trapped in Nightmare without potions and lowest possible equipment, then can you get the L1 cheat. L4 cheat is only for those whos stuck so much that they can'T move even with saving and are very far.

erm2003
12-05-2008, 06:57 AM
For anyone needing it, the quest is updated in our database now too.

http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=372

KavinPulsar
12-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Ok, I got the new database. Glad I help find a bug :) I noticed the time portals don't work anymore with this new database...

So how do I open the big chest in IW4 Sub-Dungeon? I got the boss key and the triforce already, but the boss key doesn't do anything :(

CastChaos
12-05-2008, 01:09 PM
You can't open that chest, it has story purpose only. You see, this is Myra's dream. That chest contains some very secretful details about her. Of course the whole place is entirely symbolic, this is a dream, not a real material place. Myra says the lock on the chest looks like Master Smith's doing. So this all means, that Master Smith hid a fact about Myra, just as he did about Knil (remember scene after IW L3?).

KavinPulsar
12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Yes, I remember.

Hey, I am in IW L8 now on B1, and I fell thru another time portal / ceiling! I was by the northeast most accessable area, where the ghost darknut, fans and the conveyor belt are (unnder the leftmost fan on the belt). I ended up in some empty replica of F1 with bats again. Same thing again - go right, then up, and back at the VERY beginning. Was this suppose to happen?

I have been searching and searching for keys to unlock the gears (I unlocked 6 so far, and had to use a key from previous floor to get that far). Is there some way to get the key that I can see over the chasm in the room (two blocked doors and two open doors). I found the keys on B1 at:
1: two up from southeast corner
2: one left of southeast corner
3. Southwest corner
4. westmost, middle
5. northmost, middle

Or do I have to use another F1 key? There were two rooms with blocked doors on F1 I couldn't get into, northeast corner when you walk right from the entrance (mirror showed use the wand) and the nasty fan room with like likes in the middle. The mirror showed use the wand, but it doesn't work (even if I trick a like like in front of the door).

Also, if you just paid Dynamo his pound of flesh, and go left, if you are not careful, you'll get stuck on your tile (go over the hole on the gear) and can't move anywhere. Maybe you can fix that?

CastChaos
12-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Thank you, I will fix that bug. But I already told you that go back up at buggy warps... That screen where you get is the default cave screen in ZC, so if I forget to set a warp or put a warp tile somewhere accidentally, this happens.

The key from F1 was needed, yes. And no other keys on F1.
Let's see... the one(s) you miss might be... southwest corner has 2 keys, not 1. One is by slashing the tile in the room that is 99% oil and has minimal walkability, other is a bit norther, just north of the security robot. Other you could miss is at southwest, too. Kill all weapon puppets there (the Patra 4s).
Also, you can get the chasm key only later, after you have dungeon item.

At the places what you described, the lens doesn't show wand, rather reflected fireball. So you need Oil Shield in those rooms. That's the dungeon item.

And yes, I will fix that ladder stuck thing, thank you!

KavinPulsar
12-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Ah, it was the keys just north and east of the weapon robot. I went on a killing spree earlier, but didn't make it to those ghost knights. Thanks so much.

I also want to tell you this game is fabulous. Excellent, involved plot, revealed slowly, with twists :) And graphics are the best I have seen of the Zelda games here.

Kudos!

PS: There is another gear you can get stuck on with your tile, it is as you walk into the lower left area of the big room.

KavinPulsar
12-05-2008, 10:29 PM
So I beat IW8. Where is the subdungeon? I didn't see any special areas in the first pass of the cathedral...

CastChaos
12-06-2008, 06:29 AM
Thank you for the compliments!
Bugs will be fixed.

So, not finding last subdungeon? Ironic that you don't find the easiest. :)
At the northwest of F1, where the boss key door was and the stairs to B1 is, there's a big 2x2 screens room. In its upper right part, reflect the fireballs onto the shutter. ;)

KavinPulsar
12-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Sometimes you just butt your head against a wall. :) Speaking of which, I am searching for these keys again, now in this Saturnlit Spa subdungeon. I found 2 in the rooms to the left, one by the three swimmer triangle, one in the slime platform, and another in a hidden chest on the upper right. 5 so far, and there is still another lock :( Where is the sixth key?

CastChaos
12-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Let's see...
There's a girl at the north part of the big room, talk to her. If you have lens of truth, swim through the whole big room while using it, I think there's one underwater where it's hard to guess. Yes, I just checked. Around the middle, there are 3 swimming NPCs at the bottom left corner of the screen aligned in a way that if you stand close to them, the four of you form a square. Dive at your point. There are also keys at the left rooms. One room has shop, other has engineer, but other 2 have keys. Push the chest at the upper room to their places and kill all enemies in the lower one.

Sorry to keep you waiting with the answers, usually this is the only thread that I check here at AGN.

KavinPulsar
12-06-2008, 06:57 PM
How about we draw a little minimap? Cuz I am still puzzled. The map of letters is the BIG sauna room, 7 rows x 4 columns. The keys I found are marked "k". The girl says there are 4 in this big place, but I only found 3 (yes, I got the additional two in the Western rooms, but I think I need 6 total)

x x x x x k x
x x x x x x x
x k x x k x x
x x x x x x x

CastChaos
12-06-2008, 07:19 PM
x x x x x k x
x x x L x x x
x k x x k x x
x x x x x x x

L marks last key. 3 NPCs in bottom left corner. Line up with the to form square. Dive. :)
Also, you have insane luck, I extreme rarely stay up for this long, and it was an extra idea to check AGN at this late time, too.

KavinPulsar
12-06-2008, 07:27 PM
I tried and there wasn't a key there. I don't remember getting that one... I checked it out with my lens of truth... Is there some cheat to get an extra key (can you PM it to me)? You know what would be phat, if you would make a real minimap for this level. I am sure others will have the same headache i am.

Lucky is always good!

CastChaos
12-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Strange! ZQuest says there was a heart container piece! I can't find the 6th key, but there were many people that passed that area without asking help and some after asking for help found all the keys...
There's no key cheat, because even the L4 cheat can't give keys, but... You already beat IW L8? Just because if you do, you can access the final level that has a key shop. (It's about the theme of that level... keys.)
This isn't the first time that I don't find a key. I can't find a key in IW L3, but it's there, because nobody got stuck there, everybody found it eventually. So, that Spa key is there somewhere, too...

KavinPulsar
12-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Key shop! That sounds like a great store!!! Yes, I beat IW8. But when I try to walk into the king's palace, the lightning doesn't dissappear when I throw up the ball of fires. I figured it also required a completed triforce. Unless I went to the wrong place... I tried going back to Glacier Grotto, but the main boss was there again. I killed him a second time (or at least his minons) and got the medal again and was evicted :)

Ah never mind, I have to hit the statues. I got it now.

-Z-
12-06-2008, 08:17 PM
well, that didn't help. still causing access violations during the intro, and I even tried hauling the whole ZC directory to another computer. unless my ZC2.10 is broken, which seems unlikely since other quests aren't making it die, I have to conclude it's just something with the intro. I'll try setting up another copy of ZC2.10 to test with, but failing that... I may have to give up, not that I want to.

edit:
fresh install got by the intro, not sure where the dif lies. testing some other stuff along the way. hmm... might want a more obvious "push right now" thing at the breaks in the intro.

KavinPulsar
12-06-2008, 09:39 PM
ah, found another two bugs:

1. timewarp. IN castle, worker's quarters. Burn the blue rug in the centger, get a portal, go to black board w/ bats again. Here is the map, T stands for timewarp...

X X
T X
X
X

2. If I enter the Dance hall from the the north, where there is a blown hole in the wall already, I get stuck in the wall (since I didn't blow a hole from the dance hall). Gotta use a superbomb to get out (can only lay stuff left or right, see N below). Same thing exiting to the West (see W below).
W N
X X
X X X
X X
X X

KavinPulsar
12-07-2008, 01:12 AM
I am stuck in the Castle (IW9). If I go the second level, I can't get to the red center area or the southeast corner of the outer wall. In the basement, I also can't get to the area left of the graveyard (other side of the crab-cans / war bots). Is there a teleport somewhere???

CastChaos
12-07-2008, 06:02 AM
-Z-
So, you say it works now?

KevinPulsar:
I will fix those bugs.
Let's see...
From the graveyard, you need to go left, the passage is open. At that machine area, you can step into the consoles/terminals so that yu can vanish the blocks (uses key). Maybe you didn't know that you can open those with key, maybe this was the problem. Outer Wall is mostly just for shortcuts, it's required only for the "dance hall => underground cemetery" route.
I also don't know how you got to the north of the dance hall without bombing the wall from south... as I said, Outer Wall is for a shortcut between already visited areas, not something to reach new areas...

EDIT:
I see now how you entered dance hall from north. I put the switch to the other side on the right so that this won't happen anymore. That rug warp was meant to take you out from the dungeon. From the next update, it will do that.

KavinPulsar
12-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Yes, I didn't know they took keys. So I made it to every room on the 1st floor and basement. How do I get to the 2nd floor red area and southeast corner? I can see with the magic mirror in the Tick Tock Tower on the northwest most room, there is a sprocket which can change from gray to orange. I presume this means I can then walk across to the door. But I don't have enough time to kill the ghost knight, if that is how it activates. Again, this room is S below:
S x
x x
x x
x x x

The other area I can see maybe getting into the rest of the 2nd floor is the Chapel of Dissonance. By blowing up with a superbomb to reach a chest, I can see there is a portal left behind. So maybe I could portal in? See P below:
x
x x
x x
x x
x P

CastChaos
12-07-2008, 01:17 PM
In Tick Tock Tower your only task is to wait for the timed warp to take you away one screen right from the entrance. And as I see you done it, since now you speak of Chapel of Dissonance. On the entrance screen of Chapel of Dissonance, bomb the chest instead of slashing it.

E
x x
x x
x x
x P

"E" marks entrance screen.

KavinPulsar
12-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Great! Hey, when I get to the southeast Tick Tock Tower room, with the writing on the wall, I can't get back over the gears. I have to Quit out and Continue.

So where to next? Where is this traveler? There was a little traveler eating on the southwest room of the Chapel of Dissonance who I killed with my bommerang, but I can't get to his sash (stone statues in the way). Is this who I am suppose to rob? See t below.

x
x x
x x
x x
t x

CastChaos
12-07-2008, 03:45 PM
No, what you read on the tablet is the hint for one of the ultimate secrets... Secret DX ending or most secretful item, I can't remember. And it's absolutely symbolical, there's no a real flesh/blood traveller.
Where you need to go is the first screen of Spellcaster's Choice. There's a rubble at the right wall. You can walk through there.

-Z-
12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
tossing the save back and forth, the pre-existing install keeps crashing on major spots of talking. I wonder what was done that causes that...

also, maybe I'm just dumb, I've got the sword, the "magic" tile, the gem thing from link's house, a fish, the lamp, and three heart pieces, and don't really know where I'm supposed to be going. saw the letter about the dungeons, found various stuff I can't do anything with... no clue where I'm supposed to be going though. should I go waste some rupees on the info guy? (I generally avoid this; most "pay for info" guys in quests I've played tend to be more ripoff than useful)

CastChaos
12-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Info guys are middle important in BB. You missed a few clues, including a dead obvious one: in the cheap shop (Bano's shop) there's wind effect on the right and a Kokiri girl stares there with a question mark above her head. So, go there and walk through the bottom part of the right wall. Then this video will be for help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqbcyCY4QDc

I wonder why does BB crash for you and one other person. Must be some complicated programming issue if nobody else has this problem.

KavinPulsar
12-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Ok, I got the bad ending. I was missing a triforce piece :) When they were showing what happened to the Inverted world, I think I found another bug. I pressed down and Link showed up and could walk around. I could go to different screens of the ending stuff - left then up, or right then up, or down for example.

Alright, I am going to get that triforce piece and see another ending!

CastChaos
12-07-2008, 07:39 PM
If you see the bad ending, that's not related to Lightforce. The bad ending is when there's no any boss after Sigma. You need an equipment that withstands that last attack. Walk around the Zairy cave (where you probably already got L3 sword) and see if you learn about anything.

I fix that bug, too.

KavinPulsar
12-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Ok, I will go back. By the way, I found this LOOOOONG Cave Ahh, this is probably why no one else had a problem with the last key in Saturnlit Spa.

KavinPulsar
12-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh, and there is another time portal. Second floor, outer wall, northwest corner. Lower conveyor belt, when it turns, you fall into it.

Hey, there is one area I still can't access in the castle. 2nd floor, two lower blocks of the SquareWell . This goes back to the Tick Tock Tower and the doorway I can't get to...

I don't get it in Zairy Cave. Am I suppose to go to Frozen Waste & look for Zelda (can't find her) or look in Steaming Systems (hot hole / icy curtain / arrow) again? These were the only two hints I got from the cave...

I think I will ask all my questions at once this time too! What is up with the chicken on IW on the southwestmost of the map (main map, with Castle, Karpolois, etc) by the post and the brick pavers? I tried to boomerang and fire ring it, but nothing happens. And is there a Sword of Power - they talked about it in the bad ending... Finally, in my item box, I am missing two items, below the Medal of War. What are these items?

CastChaos
12-08-2008, 10:30 AM
I will fix that bug, too.

That area near Tick Tock Tower doesn't seem important, the well is to fall down and by diving eventually get out from the castle and Tick Tock Tower is only so that you get teleported to Falling Corridor.

Yes, if you want the neutral ending, you need to investigate the "hot hole/icy curtain/arrow" thing. You can go through the hotness there if you got red tunic. First get blue tunic at southeast point of main overworld. Then red tunic from War Mansion (middle west of main overworld, just east of dried lake).

The chicken at the southwest is only to show that there's a town on the other side. (Kokiri Downtown) But if you really want to do anything on that screen, push the skull.
The fabled Sword of Power indeed exists, it's not just a legend. You get a hint for it while fighting IW L8 Boss (Mass Media), too. Go to northeast point of main overworld. You can reflect fireballs onto the silver ore.
Below Medal of War are the Medal of Peace and the Blank Medal. Get Medal of Peace from IW graveyard (requires L3 arrow) and getting Blank Medal is only possible if you have the requirements for best ending and you need to be on the route to the Secret DX ending.

KavinPulsar
12-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Wow, I feel like I am in a candy store. Not sure what to try first :O)

Umm, in the Irrelevant, I can't get across the 2nd screen north of the entrance (2nd teleport). There are four tiles in a square formation on the other side the chasm. One blinks (B), two are boxes (X), and one is a cross (C). I figured I am suppose to hookshot across to the cross, but my hook won't stick in...

C X
X B

In the Chrono Trigger, I can't reach the gold teleport in the middle. There is a row of timers in the way....How do I get rid of them?

In Steaming Systems, I made it through to the storyline in the north (past the crab in a can) before, when I first beat IW3. I can't find anything else in this maze.

CastChaos
12-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Heh, candy store. :)

In Irrevelant, 2 screens north of entrance there isn't really any chasm to my knowledge... Kill all enemies on first screen to be able to go north and step at the panel/terminal to remove an obstacle. Then go right and up from entrance, reflect the fireball onto left door. This way you reached the screens that is 2 screens norther than the entrance. Only Dynamo can unlock that door there, remotely. Go left from entrance, slash chest, step on flashing point, hookshot onto opened chest, go north, kill all enemies, grab item. Then go right from entrance and keep going north. Everything will be clear. :)

In Chrono Trigger, you must stop time. You see, screens with one hourglass each, take you back to near entrance. Well, there's one hourglass that is different. Stay on that screen and wait for the time warp.

Steaming Systems B1 is the subdungeon of IW L5, so I hope you didn't really beat it after "IW3". North of the crab-in-a-can (what a funny name you invented) is a screen with some Megaman story, go north from that to see a Vaati story and grab the Lightforce piece that lies in the middle. Additionally, all subdungeons have comeback HCPs, so armed with wand and wizzrobe mask, you can go to the far east and shoot the torches. I hope it works.

jman2050
12-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I can verify that this quest is 100% beatable in the latest beta builds except for one crucial area (and this is probably ZC's fault, bug report anyone?). In Plant Pond at the bottom of the top floor with the raft path (passes through the screen with the key), near the end of the path when the screen scrolls to the last one, the raft doesn't turn right right away like it's supposed to. Instead, it goes up one tile, then turns right onto the dock combo. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop there, instead turning downwards onto the raft path again and back to where you started. In order to fix it I had to use my l33t dev powers to open the quest, change the raft path to something that works, save it as a 2.10 quest (<3 that feature), then get through that area and then change back to the original quest file. Worked well enough.

As for the quest itself, it's pretty awesome and well designed in most places. The only real suggestion I have for future quests is to have someone else do the writing :P

CastChaos
12-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Nice to know that 2.5 holders can't have excuse for not playing BB. :)
Saved as 2.10? Last time I used that feature, it changed quest rules, deleted ESP palettes, etc... So it's fixed now?
Writing, yes... It just takes much time to pull off such a co-operation. : o
Thank you for compliment. :)

Falvern57
12-09-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm about to go to IW and I understand that once I leave I can never return, so I went and searched high and low for every possible item I could find. I found every magic upgrade except for 1/2 magic. Is the 1/2 magic upgrade in hyrule, if so where do I keep missing it? Same goes for the blue tunic. I don't want to get to IW and find out I missed something vital.

KavinPulsar
12-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Falvern57: You should look in the graveyard. Something looks suspicious there :) There will be the 1/2 magic upgrade!

CastChaos: Wow, that is just so cool, stopping time. Really nice touch! And I didn't realize I could walk right and left thru the doorways in Irrelevant. I must of been real tired last night :)

Yes, I already witnessed those events with Megaman and Vaati. Hmm, I guess I will have to look for another hot hole/icy curtain/arrow" since I didn't find anything to protect me at the ending yet. Maybe I will see if this Sword of Power changes anything at the end :)

Falvern57
12-10-2008, 01:12 AM
I thought something was odd with the graveyard and I've searched many times, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything...what should I be looking for exactly, I'd really rather not spend an hour searching for something I clearly don't see.

EDIT: Nevermind I finally found it.

CastChaos
12-10-2008, 09:20 AM
KavinPulsar:
Hm, I just realized your name was KavinPulsar, not KevinPulsar... anyway, explore Glacier Grotto again, there will be an out of place curtain in an otherwise very fishy room. The Sword of Power won't change a thing. If you have the requirement for neutral ending, then you get a possibility to change the neutral ending to best ending with Sword of Power. But if you don't have the "ultimate protection item" you don't get anything but bad ending there.

Falvern57:
You also can get slash ability at east Hyrule field. You can get it even before first dungeon.

KavinPulsar
12-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Haha, yes, Kavin Pulsar is the name of a famous thief character of mine from a college RPG set in the 1960's. He was a normal human among other characters with special abilities. For him, thievery was an artform, and he was a true American patroit (only stole from corrupt or communistic foriegners). He was bitten by a vampire, forced to make a pact with Lucifer to transform into a reformed demon, and was able to return to normal human life through virtue, and then found love. , But his was a very sad story, as the Leviathan was unleashed and he was forced to side in modern day Armageddon with it to bring his loved ones back to life. He was responsible for many deaths during the final war. But by during so, he misdirected the war (no evil ever touched the Western World) and was able to allow his friends time to find the key to win. He in fact was the one who used the key. At the very end on the vanquished battlefiled, on which good was victorious, he was betrayed by his friends and was slain.

So, I got the neutral ending. I was aghast actually...

I think I got the secret ending,becuase I Found the "blank medal".

I have to go back and witness the good ending and see if without the medal I get what I thought was the secret ending.

Also, during the ending, if you push down, little link walks away from the story and into a black screen... sort of like those time portals.

CastChaos
12-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Interesting story...

Now, you can get the Blank Medal only at an area that leads to nowhere other than the Secret Ending. You reach that ending by not going into the warp after real Vaati, rather go down and fall in the gap. Then there was the Blank Medal on the right and the Secret Ending on the left. To get best ending, just go in the warp near you after you appear back at the castle after the real Vaati fight.
Neutral ending is what you get after you truly destroy Sigma, but not slash the Sword of Power hologram with the Sword of Power.

So, not having Biometal Tunic gets you the worst ending, no matter what. Having it, but not slashing the sword hologram with L4 sword gets you the neutral ending. Slashing that hologram gets you the best ending, but not going into the final warp rather going back gets you the secret ending. In fact, the secret ending is the real happy end, but the best ending is what gets continued in BB's sequel, Seasoned Blood.
Also there's a Secret DX ending. Search the final level's dephts to find out about it. Or look up the BB endings spoiler thread at PureZC, in my QPF (The Magnificent QPF).

I will fix those bugs. You reported so much that a little more, and a new update is warranted.

KavinPulsar
12-10-2008, 11:07 PM
More bugs for you:

1. During the monologue of the first Vaati, if I use my trusty F1 key to fast forward through the speech, the screen freezes at the end, but I can walk around invisible (I can tell since my sword throws into the wall). I can in fact walk into the spikes w/o knowing where I am and die. Or if I am lucky and it clicks out of that into the battle mode, most times the fireballs don't appear...

2. During slow, regular mode, if I swing my sword or throw a boomerang, right before the castle falls, I see it thrown into the walls left and right.

3. When I walked from the conveyor cart into the room full of bat mages, you can't go forward, but have to go up and then forward. You need to move the doorway down a little or make it bigger.

4. During the 2nd battle w/ Vaati, every so often I can walk through the forcefield holding Myra (i.e. her tile). Usually from underneath.

You know what would be a nice touch? In the original Zelda, you can skewer the detached dragon heads with an arrow. I noticed this doesn't work in BB. It really to be able to shoot an arrow and get rid of those flying heads...

Yes, I viewed four of the endings now. So I must search for his fifth ending.

And of course questions for you. :)
1. What are Mako and Materies?
2. Outside the castle, there is a little girl looking at a flower. She says this flower survived all. What is she trying to tell me?
3. What does the old woman in the potion house sell? I can't get her to talk to me...
4. Hey, in Light World, what is up with the girl in Lost woods who says "Music?" I went back in a time portal and tried to play the flute for her, but nothing happened... Is there some secret area in the Lost Woods? I also tried the flute on Mt. Death on the BIG rock just west of the entrance to the IW (link's statue, blue portal). That doesn't open either, and there is a SKULL there :(
5. On my items list on the left, I have an empty space between the fish mask and the heart container (directly below the diploma). What is this?
6. Haha, and one last question. In Kokiri Downtown, there is a building I can't get in, where you can slash off the woman's clothes and everyone gets excited (southwest corner). Anyway into this building?

CastChaos
12-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Bug answers:
1. Sounds like a ZC bug with the F1 feature which I rarely ever used, if ever... but I look at those screens.
2. Yes, the "invisible" checkbox means only the player, your weapons are always visible. I don't think that I will go on an put everything on layer 3 and above to prevent this.
3. You mean the first Spellcaster's Choice room and to the right of it? I can change that around...
4. Yes, I found that funny glitch, too. I kept pressing onto Myra and was funny when I walked over her. I can't avoid this happening, but it one of the earlier updates, I wrapped the screen around with solid invisible combos, so at least you can't jump off the screen anymore with this fun glitch.

About dragon heads... WHAT?! I NEVER knew you could shoot dragon heads... And as far as I know, ZC is the exact copy of LoZ, so then you should be able to shoot dragon heads, too... But it's not up for me to decide, you can't change enemy weakness and attributes in 2.10 (only choose from 2 enemy sets, the small and the long). Such thing wouldn't be possible in 2.5, either, since the detached head isn't a separate enemy and also disappears when all heads are cut.

Questions:
1. "Mako" is the processed form of the Lifestream which is the blood of Earth in Final Fantasy VII. Materie is the crystallized form of Mako energy and Lifestream, used to cast magic and gain special abilities (best equipment system every). You know, BB is the sequel of all videgames, movies, comics, etc., so don't be surprised when you see lots of relevances to other games. The Goron King in Glacier grotto was infused with too much Mako energy, so he became a monster (like Hojo in Final Fantasy VII). Myra is called "Mako girl" because the Goron king realizes that she is full of Mako, too. If the four endings you saw didn't make it obvious, find the 5th ending.
2. This is just for drama. The whole world changed, many things got destroyed, even part of Mt.Death collapsed, but that small flower there survived everything without a scratch.
3. In the potion house? Potions. Use the empty bottle on the screen to make her start selling the potions. Just like in LoZ. You know, I made BB while thinking that all players will know all Zelda games and also such big games like Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Ultima, etc.
4. You aren't supposed to get back to LW, nor to have ocarina at that time, so there are no ocarina triggers in LW. I put them there only for realism. Just because the player doesn't have ocarina, it doesn't mean all people must forget about music, the world doesn't revolve around the player. That "girl" (in fact a male Skullkid, play OoT and MM to find out about him) originally said "Music?" only to have a reference for OoT, but now it has an extra meaning. It is a clue for that you need to use ocarina at the exact same screen in IW (Skull Woods north).
5. I guess it's the "Mysterious Item/Unknown Item". It's in the last dungeon, just near where you get the clue on how to find Secret DX ending. It makes you invincible for everything but enemies and fireballs, so it's not good to get it for first playthrough, makes the last fights boring.
6. That's not woman, that's little girl. And you can't get in the building. Since Kokiri Downtown already had enough interiors (shops,walk-through screens, minigame, slash learning, story related, etc... far enough), I decided I don't take time for putting something even there. Otherwise according to original plan, when you slash the girl's clothes, somebody from the building opens the door, comes out and you can go in.

KavinPulsar
12-11-2008, 10:55 PM
I know those games, but from the original Nintendo systems, when you had to blow on the cartridges...

Ok, I found the Mysterious Statuette. I am still having trouble finding this Secret DX ending (I found the clue shown by the crystal ball, yes, I went to pureZC).
But search as I might in LW in the mountains, I can't find the entrance. Does this picture show exactly where and i am just not getting it?

Also, I noticed there was a blue pearl shown in pureZC... Where is this?

CastChaos
12-12-2008, 07:50 AM
If you saw the crystal ball, then you should know how to reach the Secret DX ending, since it's explained. Refer to what they say about Knil/Link's possible action. Where the scene takes place is irrevelant, the conversation counts.

Blue Moonpearl is at Hylia Waste, south, under some slashable sand.

KavinPulsar
12-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Hmm, maybe I am looking at the wrong crystal ball? I went to the ball in the Power Plant chest, shown by the C below:

. X X C
X X X X
X X X X
X X X

Vaati on Mt. Death says at the end of his monologue: "So let's go some norther first..."
I presume this is in reference to what happened in Steaming Systems B1? Is there another Cyrstal ball which tells me about the Secret DX ending then?

CastChaos
12-13-2008, 05:02 PM
The crystal ball that tells about that ending is in Torturion. So in the middle of B1. At its east part, you need to kill many enemies, go north and you need to superbomb at the HC or at such place or use other item (use lens to see). So it's one screen south of the misterious statuette.

KavinPulsar
12-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Ah, I finally got it. Gosh, sometimes I can be sooo thick.

Falvern57
12-15-2008, 11:46 PM
What is up with IW sub-dungeon 1? Nothing responds to anything I do: bombs, arrows, boomerang, fire, hammer...nothing does anything anywhere. Is there some kind of special requirement that must be met before the sub-dungeon becomes completable? I've been going in circles and just find anything!

edit: nevermind I finally got lucky and wandered into the diggdodger...

suncow
12-22-2008, 11:49 AM
I have been stuck in the Contrast Chapel for a few days. I got all the keys and item, but I don't know how to get to the boss. The lens of truth just show the removal of the "boss" frame, so I'm at a lost. I wonder if there are some switches somewhere in F2 or B1, coz there are 2 places I don't know how to access: in B1, 2 screen right from the shop, where the lens of truth show a passageway, but I don't know how to get it open; in F2 the most NE 2 screens.

Could you please help out so that I can go on playing this marvelous game??

CastChaos
12-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Hm, Suncow, I like your name. So, seems like you are at the very end of Contrast Chapel. You see, on F2, you removed 4 blockades to access a room full of ghini2s. You can kill them with a superbomb. A bomb shop can be accessed by bombing the ruined eyeball statue at the east part of the big circle room. So, if you kill all ghini2s the way opens to F2 NE, where you visit and so the previously seen passage at B1 will open. :)

suncow
12-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Yo! Thank you! Finished that Chapel. I never know super bomb can kill ghini2...... But I should have gotten the hint in that shop in F2.

Fighting through the Clockwork Chapel now.

Falvern57
12-27-2008, 11:44 PM
How can I get an updated version of Ballad of a Bloodline without having to restart the quest from scratch? I just can't figure it out. Sorry if this has been asked multiple times now...

CastChaos
12-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Actually, this was asked only 2-3 times so far. So... all you have to do is to overwrite the old TLoZBoaB.qst file with the new one. Just open the newly downloaded .zip file, put the new .qst file into your 2.10 folder and when asked if you want to overwrite it, say "yes". And continue playing like nothing happened. :)

Falvern57
12-28-2008, 08:36 PM
How I didn't think of that is beyond me. I had kept the updated version on my desktop to move to the folder once I had figured it out. Thanks.

Falvern57
12-31-2008, 03:35 AM
I have another question: I'm trying to find this medal of peace or whatever it's called that is suppose to be in the graveyard I've shot serpent bolts at every grave stone, tree, everything but nothing seems to happen. The graved digger there said something about "waiting until night" does that also happen in IW? And if so, how would I go about triggering that?

CastChaos
12-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Exactly the same way as in LW. :) Wait on the most northeastern screen til night comes, but watch out, wizzrobes are extremely overpowered... Peace dungeon is exactly where the magic upgrade was. ;)

Falvern57
12-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks, I just found the dungeon. "Chrono Trigger Crypt"...this ought to be interesting.

Quazar
01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
I just started this quest a few days ago, and I'm really enjoying it. I've gotten all the way to plant Pond and right from the start I can't seem to figure out where to go as every route I take seems to lead to a dead end. How should I start out tackling this maze?

Falvern57
01-12-2009, 02:57 AM
I have two final questions about this quest:

1. I know something is hidden in the metroid room in torturion, but I can't figure anything out to uncover anything! can I get a hint or something?

2. in the LW graveyard, the tombstone of master smith said he was killed by his only son...this has been bothering me for awhile now and I just wanted to know the meaning behind it.

CastChaos
01-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Quazar:
The north, east and south let's you progress a bit further than west, but they have blockades that can be removed only from the other side. So, go west from the entrance. Hookshot over, go north or south from there and go around to the other side. Now, bomb the west wall that is directly west from the entrance. You get to the outer circle this way.

Falvern57:
1. First of all, you need to use Medal of Peace, since the Metroids kill you in no time otherwise. Then, near the upper right corner and use the Medal of War on it, then a superbomb, then stand in that corner. You won't hear secret sounds in the process. Also, this is hidden so well because the reward is very big. It lets you walk through damage combos unharmed. So, the final bosses aren't that fun with it. I placed it in only to have all items and to have some ultimate secret. (Using Lens of Truth, more people found it on their own than I expected.)
2. You misunderstood it a bit. The grave was made by his only son, but that son didn't kill him. This is a clue that the real Master Smith is already dead and Myra's father is somebody else... Consult with the IW L4 subdungeon (Myra's dream) and with the Neutral and Best endings. :)

Falvern57
01-12-2009, 10:45 AM
1. Thank you, now I can have the satisfaction of completing the quest 100%

2. Yeah, I had viewed the endings and knew of "Master Smith's" identity, but I guess I never thought about there being a real master smith...that makes me feel better, thanks again. Outstanding work on the quest, I am really looking forward to the sequel!!

CastChaos
01-12-2009, 11:56 AM
I love your enthusiasm. Have you tried the demo of the sequel (Seasoned Blood) yet?
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104655

Good news that I'm continuing now with making up original plot. The former ideas behind Seasoned Blood and the other 2 planned sequels were kinda ripoffs of official games.

Falvern57
01-12-2009, 01:25 PM
No I haven't actually, I will definitely check it out though!

kiai
02-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Hello,

I wanted to inform you that like two other guys from this forum I can't play bloodlines ballad, the game crash during the intro. I have retried many times but it always happens (but not always at the same moment). I use ZC2.10

I then tried bloodline classic, everything works correctly but I just can't find the lens of truth, could you give me a hint please??? (I read that it is not in Hyrule, but where else...?)

Thanks
kiai

nindavs
03-08-2009, 04:26 AM
Hi... I'm new here ... just playing bloodline classic. Ehm, is the quest the same as ballad of bloodline? I thought i downloaded ballad of bloodline, but when i read this forum, i couldn't find anything that even close to what i'm facing now. I found some dungeons, but when i finished killing the boss, i didn't get any triforces, so what should i do? Btw i also found a garden of(something) but i couldn't break the wall in south west room where i think, i'll get the last key that i need to finish the dungeon. Can anybody help me, plizzzz ... this quest is great, and i hate not being able to even start evertyhing right. Thanks a lot guys ...

fajz
04-03-2009, 07:50 AM
I now have been walking around the starting area for 4 hours (not in one sitting) and all I have found is 1 magic upgrade (how many are there?), the blue candle and the 1/2 magic and the ladder. can someone at least help me out as to where to find something, anything! to get my hopes up that I just might actually get out of this starting area? after a while in the same area it really gets frustrating. I have a feeling if I ever get into the real meat and potato's of this quest it's gonna be awesome, however I'm about to give up because the starting area is starting to get to me. Is there anything else besides the magic upgrade in the graveyard? How di U get rid of the guy that's in the way after the boatride so I can go north? I need some action. what "Right Wall" in the room with many books (Library?) is fake? Anything to get me moving

CastChaos
04-06-2009, 04:09 AM
Hm, I haven't realized there were new replies... so...

kiai:
It's because the many strings. It's random who gets this error and who not. If I remember well, you need to play on small screen. If it doesn't work, try some of the newer betas, maybe one of them will work...

nindavs:
BB is in DoR and BC is in Classic, so it's easy to tell the difference from there. BC is the Classic (shortened, simpler) version of BB. Both of them have Triforce (Lightforce) pieces, but only as secret items.
It's quite obvious from your post that you are playing BC. Now, when you get the item by defeating the boss, you can use that item to get to the next dungeon's area. Garden Gallery doesn't have bombable walls, but has many walk through walls. Try the corner rooms.
The Lens of Truth will be in the Inverted World where you get after collecting the Master Sword later. It will be at the far east.

fajz:
Go into the cheap item shop (Bigo's shop) and walk through the bottom part of the right wall. This will give you the boomerang which you can use to remove that mentioned sleeping guy (goriya). Soon there be the first dungeon.
The starting village indeed doesn't have much more than that, just a few rupees and bombs. However, Hyrule Field has some more magic containers, many HCPs, many rupees and small collectibles. Burn what is green or tree; push/bomb rocks/boulders; boomerang interesting objects. Most of the collectibles will be available later when you have more items.

fajz
04-07-2009, 06:42 AM
In level 1 what are those white wizzrobes that keep coming and going? can they be killed or do they need to be killed?

fajz
04-08-2009, 08:02 AM
So in level 1 I got to the room where I pushed the block down and backtracked until I got to a room with blocks blocking the way to go west. How do I get these blocks to lower so I can go on?

fajz
04-10-2009, 08:03 AM
This is really getting boring. I have defeated level 1 and have the zora whatever it is and the hook shot. Now I'm just walking around the same several screens and getting nowhere. Where the heck is Death mountain or where do I need to go to make this quest exciting again?

fajz
04-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Can someone tell me what room the secret dungeon is in level 1? I have the hookshot and I know I need to use it in "the center big room" (whatever the hell that means) But I cna't figure out what room it is. Little help please

CastChaos
04-15-2009, 04:05 AM
If you mean Source of the Flow, it's not L1, just the first dungeon. What you need to do now is to go back to Zora Hideout. Of course. The Zora king sent you in the first dungeon, it's the minimum and he said you would get the Zora Sapphire if you beat that dungeon. So go back there now. When you have the Zora Sapphire, go to the northwest corner of Hyrule field, hookshot to the cave and go in: the doors will be opened.

Santano64neo
04-15-2009, 07:02 AM
Ok, are there any super bombs hidden around the overworld? I need them to get higher into Death Mountain, but I don't have enough money since I used most of it on that bomb upgrade.

b1zarr0
04-15-2009, 03:03 PM
I would REAAALLLYY like to get into this quest but I am all sorts of lost

I cannot even find the first dungeon or the boomerang and I seem to be going in circles and the NPCs are not exactly being helpful

Things I have "accomplished" so far include

- Paying the Darknut 15 ruppees to use the teleporter
- Giving the guy in the sanctuary a fish so I can look at the "Legendary" sword
- Bought the ladd...er I mean the Magic Tile
- Bombed the Giant Octorok
- and finally saw a few HCs that I cannot fathom anyway to access

I'll admit my amount of noobness but any suggestions to get me going would be greatly appreciated :D

Phoenix :p
04-15-2009, 06:24 PM
b1zarr0:
To get the boomerang, you need to go to the "cheap" shop in the screen that is left of the library (it sells fish for 100 rupees, hearts for 5 rupees and small magic jars for 9 rupees). When you are in the shop, try going through the wall on the right. Here is a (crappy) sketch:

===================
=.."Prices are rising, ...".=
=...............................=
=...............................=
=...........................------> Go through the wall
=...............................=.....Grab the boomerang
======= ^ ========
..............|..................
Enter the shop

By the way, I'd need some help, too. I'm stuck in the Gallery Garden (the Kokiri dungeon). In the northeast of the upper level ("Hangin' Gardens"), there's a picture that needs to be cut with a sword, according to the Lens of Truth. I keep cutting it, but to no effect, and I tried other items on it, too. I still have the level 1 sword. Do I need another sword, or could it be a bug?

CastChaos
04-16-2009, 05:27 AM
Santano64neo:
Money can be collected, so that you can buy more superbombs at the Gorons. Besides that, there are 2-3 superbombs scattered around, probably under bushes on Mt.Death. There's also one in the night version of the graveyard.

b1zarr0:
The NPCs are IN FACT helpful. Bano in the beginning and the chatting girls later almost directly tell what Phoenix just told you about the boomerang. Bigo also quite over-obviously commands you to bomb the north shutter in Myra's house to get the lantern replica. You also should buy the empty bottle, so that you can buy potions in the cheaper potion shops, too.
After all of that, just go directly south from the village, into Lake Hylia. Board the boat, boomerang the goriya, burn the blue minitree and you are soon where you need to be.

Phoenix:
That picture will be slashed by the Master Sword later when you already beat this dungeon. I don't know what you need to do next, but if you are already at the hanging floor, you probably have the bow from the west part of the first floor and the arrow that you get by first boomeranging the switches at the southwest part of the hanging floor. Then you need to walk around the first floor, shooting objects. You eventually get 4 keys and the entrance o 2 terminals and a main corridor. One of the terminals require just fighting (bombs and superbombs are recommended, as well as much arrow), other requires the 4 keys and the main corridor requires both terminals be open.

04-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks a ton, CastChaos. All I needed to do was to activate the switches southwest of the Hangin' Gardens, I didn't pay enough attention.

And thank you for making such an incredible quest, I just love huge worlds to explore ;)

b1zarr0
04-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Sorry for my uber n00bness but I am totally stuck in the first dungeon.

There seems to be more locked doors then there are keys for said doors.

I did get the key out of the dangerous water where you cannot seem to grab anything else. Also got the key from the underwater stairs area. Where else can I get keys?

Also is there way to kill the damn ghosts that pop in and out of existence?

Am I screwed because I didnt use one of my keys on the block that leads to a warp tile?

04-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi b1zarr0,

Don't feel noobish, for the dungeons are hard.

To open the block that leads to a warp point, you need the Master Key, not just a key (the blocks are lighter than those for normal keys).

And sorry, you can't kill those white ghosts... I guess they are considered as tiles, not sprites, so they're just invincible and you have to be careful and avoid them at all costs.

fajz
04-19-2009, 09:39 PM
In the second dungeon, what do I need to find in the first part before going to the second (red with "smoke' all over) part of this dungeon besides the keys. There is a block in the room in the south east corner that my lens says will become a chest. How do I change it from block to chest? One more thing, whats with the chest in the room shaped like an "n"? Every time I get near it it moves to the other side of the room. How do I get to it?

CastChaos
04-20-2009, 04:03 AM
b1zarr0:
Be relieved: it's not possible to mix up the keys in the first dungeon. If you want more keys, go north from the dangerous water area to the dark curvy chambers full of skeletons. Then go north from the underwater stairs screen, light the torch and kill all gels in the room above.
And yes, those Wardrobes can't be killed.

Fajz:
You need to hookshot into the hole to make the block turn into a chest.
Besides the keys, which all have their very own entrance, each, you can find the compass. After you have about 4 keys, the master key (in block chest) and used the 4 keys to open the shortcuts, you can use the master key to descend.
The disappearing chest is just for fun.

04-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Hello there,

I'm stuck in the Nightmare. I found the Twin Dream and the Happy Mask Salesman told me to use it somewhere, but I can't find the place. I've been round and round the Maze and Dungeon, and I used the wand on a tree surrounded by Pol's Voices (the rabbit-like enemies) and Bubbles, but it leads me to a dead-end. How can I get out of this mess?

fajz
04-20-2009, 09:29 PM
OK. I got the Crystal Booberang in the second dungeon and went and opened the door I needed the boomer to open (by the dooadongas) inside there is fans and smoke along with Myra. Is this room important? where do I go now that I have the boomer? Is this dungeon done? can I get the relic?

CastChaos
04-21-2009, 02:43 AM
Phoenix:
That dead end will be a shortcut later. For the time being...
Go all the way north from the entrance, then west til the Garden Gallery copy. Enter, use hammer on painting, you get teleported to another place. Go all the way south. You appear in the forest again: hookshot north. Keep going north, try to show compassion, then keep some potions at hand because the result of your goodness, then continue north. When you see another dungeon entrance, rightside is the possibility to open previously mentioned shortcut and upwards is the block you need to use the Twin Dream on.

Fajz:
That room is indeed important. See, Myra is standing on a switch. You need to step on a switch there, too. When the big steam appears, the water evaporates from one floor above, so you can reach the boss.

fajz
04-21-2009, 07:17 AM
OK, so how do you get Myra to move her pretty little butt out of the way?

CastChaos
04-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Err, she doesn't need to move... There are 2 switches, Myra is standing one and you need to step on the another... Since nobody else had such problem, probably that switch is there for you, too. If the wheels are spinning very fast and there's huge steam in the middle, then you already stepped on it. The boss warp room is north of the 4-way intersection where you burned the limestone brick.

fajz
04-21-2009, 09:46 PM
How embarassing. I should have known it was something like that. Now I beat it. Anyway, in Goron town in one of the rooms you can see the wallet but when you go around to get to it, it's gone. Is there a way to get to this wallet? I would really like to have a wallet.

CastChaos
04-22-2009, 05:23 AM
That's a deku nut sack and you can't get it. All wallets are dungeon items. (So no, you won't ever be able to buy that red tunic at the Gorons... it will be a secret event item much later.)
It's so nice to see that such quick fun gets the players. I must remember to place such pranks in Seasoned Blood, too.

fajz
04-24-2009, 07:56 AM
CastChaos,

After getting the crystal from the Gorons, is the lost woods my next destination? It's very confusing in the lost woods. Also when I bought the info in the lost woods it says to go east until you see the Deku Bush. Bush? What am I looking for exactly? I've heard of the Deku Tree but a Bush? What's the bush look like? In Goron city there is a sleeping Goron with what looks like a lava pit. Is there something here I need to know about? One more thing, after buying the info in Goron city it says something about a Mandella in the east under a super bombable rock near a valley. Where exactly is this and is it really important? I hope I get the whistle and the Bow and Arrow soon.

CastChaos
04-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Lost Woods is the next area, yes. "Deku Shrub" is an enemy. It blows wind southwards and has a buzzbulb close to it.
There's nothing interesting at that lava pit. I just mimed OoT there.
It's not "Mandella", it's "Manhandla". At the east valley (which is just south of the ruined village) is a rock with lava. Superbomb it. This is part of a sidequest that gives you a HCP and a bomb upgrade.
You indeed get the bow/arrow soon, but you need to wait a LITTLE til the ocarina.

fajz
04-24-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm afraid I have no idea what a buzzbulb is.

CastChaos
04-25-2009, 06:53 AM
That green baulb that electrocutes you in LttP. There's one on the first screen of Lost Woods and also at the "go only west" screen.

b1zarr0
04-25-2009, 12:14 PM
*smacks self in head...*

just revisited some rooms with my new hookshot and I think I should be good for the first dungeon

04-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Hey there,

I am stuck in Vaati's castle. I managed to explore every room on 3 floors of the castle, except the Spellcaster's Choice area (I could only explore 3 rooms). I have the Master Key and even the Mysterious Statuette (a tricky one to find). What should I do?

Just found it. Quite tricky!

garlicbread11
04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Ok, Maybe I'm just retarted, but what on EARTH did pushing that block down the hole in level 1 do? I have no idea what to do now, and I'm out of keys. Help?

fajz
04-27-2009, 08:02 AM
I have a questions for you, There is a room in the Garden Gallery to the far east and a couple rooms north that has a maze for pushing blocks onto two spotsto open what the lens says is a brick wall to the north. Is there a way to get the blocks onto the two spots? One is easy because all you do is push blocks and move it east onto it's spot. The second is what is killing me. Getting it from the right side of the room to the left and on it's spot I can't figure out for the life of me. The only way I can figure out how to possibly do it is somehow get rid of the "Myre" tile two spots south of the block that can be move both east-west and north-south. This maze is got me stumped and that doesn't happen very often. Little help please.

CastChaos
04-27-2009, 12:29 PM
garlicbread11:
Pushing down that block made it be one floor lower. As Myra explains it, too. So, go back to the entrance, go directly north and then you can hookshot over now.

Fajz:
:) Heh, you actually need to treat Myra as a block. See, the floor is CSet 11 there, just as Myra usually is. That was for me to be able to put Myra on layer 0 and make her pushable. I didn't know the layer pushing trick at that time.

garlicbread11
04-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Umm What do I do directyly north of the entrance of the source of the flow to make it to the room that has the boss door? You know its go north, trhen through the locked door, then passed the spikes, then the enemies who give bombs, then there an enemy, a wizzrobe, and a clsed door. How do I open the door?

fajz
04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Ok I'll figure ir out now that you have comfirmed it's doable. I once played a quest (I don't remember which one it was several years back) that had a puzzle room that you couldn't beat and didn't need to. Ever since then I've been paranoid when I have trouble figureong out a puzzle quickly as I usually do.

CastChaos
04-28-2009, 04:54 AM
garlicbread11:
That enemy throws boomerang. You, too, can be a boomerang thrower! Practice on the statue in the middle of the room.

fajz
04-29-2009, 10:19 PM
OK, I have all three crystals and want to know if I'm missing anything before leaving this area since I can't return once I leave. First do I need to go back to the first 2 dungeons with everything I now have to get more items? second Can I get the mirror shield in this area so I can kill the white ghost in the graveyard? How about the wallet is it here in this area? And finally, once I get the sword do I leave this area or can I still walk around before leaving?

CastChaos
04-30-2009, 06:23 AM
You can go back to all three dungeons for comeback HCPs (use bracelet in 1, arrow in 2 and Master Sword in 3).
You can't get mirror shield, that mirror robe is still out of your comprehension.
No wallet in the Light World.
When you get the sword, you still need to locate the portal and beat the miniboss that protects it. Additionally, you can kill patrol soldiers with the Master Sword. :)

You also can get...
1/2 magic, 8 magic containers (no magic containers after the portal!), early L2 shield and blue tunic, about 15-18 hearts (if you hardcore enough to beat several splitting darknuts, wizzrobes and a deathknight with your current equipment) and lens of truth.

What you should have before leaving:
At least 12 hearts, 7 magic containers, 1/2 magic, lens of truth.

04-30-2009, 02:22 PM
I finally completed your awesome quest, Castchaos. It addicted me so much that the time counter is past 66 hours! (exploring and finding secrets takes a bit of time ;))

I got to see the neutral, best and secret endings, and also the secret DX ending, which is just soooo good (I didn't find it by myself, though it is possible... Didn't think this combo could be used that way.)

Thank you very much, you and your many contributors, for making this quest!

CastChaos
04-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Wow, really thank you for these compliments and I thank you in the name of those many people whos helped.

Now you might want to see the demo of the sequel (if you play demos):
http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40601

Ballad of a Bloodline is followed by Seasoned Blood, then comes Reality Ensues, then Guardian Mask. There also will be Guardian of Hyrule, which is parallel to Seasoned Blood. Then I stop a little to make other kind of projects, too.

You can see that I drop hidden spoilers here and there, like in this thread:
http://forums.thejoecomic.com/index.php?showtopic=361

05-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Yes, I downloaded Seasoned Blood Demo a couple of days ago, I tried it a little, and the atmosphere you created is very different from Ballad of a Bloodline. But hey, how come I've got this BAD feeling...? :)

I also replayed Ballad of a Bloodline, and I found the Myra-napping event: somewhat tough, and funny to boot! (using many bombs is advised, though...)

fajz
05-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Ok I have the 1/2 magic, 13 hearts (just need to explore for more heart containers) are there any full hearts hiding in the start area? I have the L2 shield. And I think I have found 7 magic container so I'll have to search a little more for that. You say I can get the blue tunic here. Any hints as to where? Hopefully I'll find some more stuff as I'm looking for the portal to leave this area.

05-02-2009, 05:59 PM
As for the blue tunic, the first Zora you meet at lake Hylia asks you if you have "a boomerang, a ladder and a burner like all humans do", and adds that "hill humans have fire shields and blue tunics", so the blue tunic may be somewhere in the Death Mountain just like the shield, who knows. Still haven't found it the the Light World.

CastChaos
05-02-2009, 07:18 PM
The blue tunic can be acquired while fighting Belladonna. (You can re-fight bosses anytime.) You still need to get the other blue tunic later, too.
Full HC? In Lost Woods, there's a darknut random encounter with a deathknight. It's towards Garden Gallery, but you don't need to hookshot over the gap, rather go south, fight the aquamentus, go left, go through the overhead maze and walk up to the corner. One screen left from Garden Gallery are two rocks, walk between them to start the darknut sidequest, it gives you a full HC, too.
For an additional magic container, go to northeast Mt.Death and superbomb the well...

Phoenix:
Very good logic. :)

05-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Phoenix:
Very good logic.

Thanks ;)

The blue tunic can be acquired while fighting Belladonna.

I pushed a block in Belladonna's room, but it didn't seem to do anything at all. I'll check it again!

EDIT: Okay, found it (phew.) Some things that are very close can be really far, actually... Nicely hidden!

fajz
05-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't remember which dungeon has belldonna can you help me out? I sure would like to have the blue tunic and what do you mean by you need to get the other blue tunic later? There are 2 blue tunics?

05-03-2009, 02:34 PM
fajz,

Belladonna is in the Goron Cave (aka the Steamworks, or the mountain dungeon). You need to push a block and search the place very carefully in Belladonna's room.

As for the 2nd blue tunic, I'm sure there's a script that needs to be activated. To put it simply, to activate it, you must get the blue tunic in the Inverted World, and then it allows you to enter the War Mansion, where you can get a very nice reward provided you have the Bolts (= level 2 arrows).

CastChaos
05-03-2009, 03:09 PM
You told everything perfectly, Phoenix, but it's not called a "script", since this is a 2.10 quest. It's called an one timed event, which is the ancestor of the "room state carry over" and isn't one single feature, rather needs to be put together with boss flag settings, secret settings, etc. I love them. Get blue tunic in IW => you can go through the second room of War Mansion and even the string and room type get to be different.

fajz
05-07-2009, 07:59 AM
I have found the portal out of Hyrule and would like to find out if I've forgotten anything before I leave. I have the Raft, Ladder, Bracelet, Shield, Red Rubie (?), Blue Boomerang, 32 bombe, Bow and Arrow, Food (Fish), Life Juice, Hook Shot, Super Bombs, and the Lens, 15 Hearts 0 Heart Containers, 1/2 magic, 8 magic containers and the master Sword. Am I ready or is there something I need to go back and get before leaving Hyrule?

CastChaos
05-08-2009, 04:41 AM
Wow, you maxed out yourself well! You can leave Hyrule now. With this equipment and with this exploration skill, the next areas won't be overly hard for you, that's sure!

fajz
05-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Once I find the small wallet in the source of the draught, do I have to leave and find the "Happy Mask Shop" to buy the Goran Mask, or is there one in the dungeon and is the mask the L2 Bracelet? Pretty cool quest so far.

CastChaos
05-13-2009, 04:46 AM
Thank you for the compliment!
The L2 bracelet is indeed the Goron Mask and you need to go back to the shop for it. This increases gameplay time. I got bored of the concept that needed items are always near, it's so cliché.
Conveniently, when you get the wallet, you are told to go back to the shop. :)

Ford_Prefect
05-17-2009, 04:06 PM
CC,
First, i'm really impressed by your quest.

Second, in the Garden Gallery, I can't seem to find my way to this trigger.
How to get there?

http://img156.imagevenue.com/loc1159/th_72944_zelda084_122_1159lo.jpg

Third, what is this "Spirit Stones" that I need for the L2 sword and where are they?

Thanks...

Edit: I knew that if I asked a question, I would answer it myself.
Discovered I had already hit that switch but didn't understand the things in front of the doorway.
Got the Boss Key and the reward. Off to the Castle.

BTW, where do I need to go after getting the Sword?

CastChaos
05-18-2009, 05:49 AM
First of all, the Spiritual Stones are the magical objects that let you take the Master Sword from its pedestal. This idea is taken from OoT, but it's almost the same also in LttP, just with amulets. Collecting them is like a trial to see if you are worthy to get the Master Sword.

Now, after you have the Master Sword, you need to go to the northest part of Death Mountain. First reach the area full of crystals (you can latch onto the gray ones), then superbomb the white fence.

fajz
05-20-2009, 07:50 AM
It makes it harder to play any quest when you don't get to play consistiently. I get to the game just every now and then. I hate that. With that said I can't remember where the shop is to get the Goran Mask. Can I get some help please?

CastChaos
05-21-2009, 05:39 AM
It's one screen east from the continue point of the main overworld. You need to go south first, then east and up in a cave. Then north the chasm, hookshot to the left and so soon you are there.

zellytoto
01-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Where is level one

CyberGamer1539
08-13-2014, 12:14 AM
You probably are never on the forums anymore, but in case you do, it's south at lake hylia. You need the Magic Tile (ladder) the boomerang (throw it at the goriya statue when you cross using the boat), and the candle to burn a tree on the main island in lake hylia. when you burn the tree, get the raft from inside,and use the raft on the dock to the right of the island. if you do see this, hope it helped!

CastChaos
08-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Wow, what a time difference between posts... My latest post was in 2009... That's ages ago, not even BBII was finished at that time! Then comes the question that is answered a year and a half later...

And now even BBIV is released... I go now and edit my sig.