PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing: City Folk

Modus Ponens
11-22-2008, 10:50 PM
So I got City Folk the other day, and I just wanted to know if anyone else here picked it up. So far, so fun. I'm looking forward to exploring other people's towns, though, so I'd love to share friend codes.

I'm Oliver from the town of Gosbury, and my friend code is
0517-0844-4443.

Revfan9
11-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I probably should get it, but I'm unsure if I can bring myself to care.

AtmaWeapon
11-23-2008, 12:43 AM
I hear it's pretty much the same as the previous versions, though many seem to suggest it somehow feels like it has less content than the GCN version. Also, the fact that the city has permanent fixtures like the fortune teller significantly detracts from the value of the feature, since part of the fun was anticipating their arrival.

GCN Animal Crossing was fun when my wife (then girlfriend) played simultaneously in different towns. If the multiple-player-same-system mechanic is identical, I think I'll save my $50. I can't stand the notion that whoever is the first to start playing will be the one to visit the store, get the fruit, dig the fossils, etc. leaving the second to pick up the leftovers. The only "solution" is for us to play the same character, and I can see that leading to issues down the road. Can you confirm/deny whether two people can play different towns on the same Wii? This is a dealbreaker for me.

Even if I were to buy it, the same thing always happens when I play AC. I religiously play it daily until some real-life crisis causes me to miss a few days. Not wanting to pay the penalties for missing a day (upset townsfolk, weeds, roaches, disqualification from certain items) I end up turning the clock back and playing several days per real day. Then, AC becomes work and I just quit.

Beldaran
11-23-2008, 01:09 AM
I realize the following comment makes me a small minded dick-face.

Animal Crossing is the lamest waste of time I have ever seen.

Anthus
11-23-2008, 02:34 AM
I have never gotten into Animal Crossing. Outside of Sim City on SNES, and the earlier PC version, I've never been much for simulation games.

My girlfriend's sister has the DS one though. I have seen it, and if I were to get one, it'd be the DS version. I can't see playing a game like that on a console, since then, it becomes, like, a real game O_O

ctrl-alt-delete
11-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Even if I were to buy it, the same thing always happens when I play AC. I religiously play it daily until some real-life crisis causes me to miss a few days. Not wanting to pay the penalties for missing a day (upset townsfolk, weeds, roaches, disqualification from certain items) I end up turning the clock back and playing several days per real day. Then, AC becomes work and I just quit.

Hahahaha.

Me in a fucking nutshell.

AtmaWeapon
12-01-2008, 08:58 AM
I realize the following comment makes me a small minded dick-face.

Animal Crossing is the lamest waste of time I have ever seen.Have you ever played Harvest Moon? I'd argue that since it basically asks you to repeat the same 3-minute sequence of events a few hundred times in one sitting it's worse. At least in AC once you run out of stuff to do you turn it off.

Pryme8
12-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Animal Crossing is the lamest waste of time I have ever seen.

by far one of the dumbest games I have ever seen, I doubt I would even waste my time.

rock_nog
12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
You know, it may sound silly, but I really feel like it's just not the same without the NES games - you know, it was a real goal to work toward, and you actually got something out of achieving it.

Russ
12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I know what you mean. Maybe if we're lucky, they put some secret SNES games in there. :rolleyes:

Revfan9
12-01-2008, 01:04 PM
You know, it may sound silly, but I really feel like it's just not the same without the NES games - you know, it was a real goal to work toward, and you actually got something out of achieving it.

Why'd they take those out in the first place? I loved the NES games ;-;

AlexMax
12-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Why'd they take those out in the first place? I loved the NES games ;-;

Virtual Console

Revfan9
12-03-2008, 11:16 AM
They weren't in the DS game either, and that came about before the Wii did, didn't it? I can't remember.

Russ
12-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes, it did.

Right now, I thinking about getting the Wii version, but I already have gthe DS version, so I'm not sure if it's worth getting.

rock_nog
12-03-2008, 12:37 PM
They weren't in the DS game either, and that came about before the Wii did, didn't it? I can't remember.
Yes, the DS version was released before the Wii, but if I recall, the Virtual Console had already been announced.

Darth Marsden
12-05-2008, 01:57 PM
I grabbed this today and spent an hour trying to get a map I liked. For some reason, it won't give me a friend code, but I'll update my post when it finally does.

As for the game... it's the same as the Gamecube version. But I liked that, so yay!

PS: I live!

Russ
12-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Let me ask this: Is it that much better than the DS version. I'm trying t figure out if it's worth paying $50 for what could be the same game I already have.

Darth Marsden
12-05-2008, 02:45 PM
To be honest, I think it's much the same. Everything's a little bit different and the voice chat is new, but otherwise it's the same old game. But now it looks pretty.

Got my Friend Code! I am Darth, I reside in Kineas and my code is:
2922-2844-9565

Russ
12-06-2008, 01:35 AM
While we are on this subject, can I direct you to today's Brawl in the Family comic? It's all about Animal Crossing.

Darth Marsden
12-06-2008, 07:20 AM
While we are on this subject, can I direct you to today's Brawl in the Family comic? It's all about Animal Crossing.Not without a link. I'm lazy. :rolleyes:

CaRmAgE
12-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Not without a link. I'm lazy. :rolleyes:

http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/comic110.html