PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm not supposed to suggest, but...

cbailey78
11-21-2008, 11:22 PM
I think the Shop Type system needs to get worked on. I mean,

1. More shop type slots like 255

2. Have item icons showing in the shop type editor dialog like the enemies screen dialog that has the enemy icon.

3. Change the shop type screen data to drop-down from type in box.

4. Be able to type in the shop type name in the shop type editor dialog just like you can name the Dmap Palettes.

Tile warp editor ideas:

I think it would be alot more convenient to be able to click on the screen destination in the minimap area instead of having to just type in the screen number which is confusing because of the slider that shifts the screen number. So when you click on a screen in the minimap spot, it would automatically put in the correct screen number in the box.

I just think we need to work on those editors that haven't been updated in ages. Just an idea.

pkmnfrk
11-22-2008, 03:10 AM
I vote for the tile warp idea. I vote with as much weight and authority I can possibly exert (i.e. next to none).

Joe123
11-22-2008, 05:23 AM
There's a couple of shop-scripts that you could try.

Russ
11-22-2008, 02:31 PM
I don't think we need the shop thing (we have scripts that can do for now), but the warp thing would be nice, since that slider bar always confuses me so much.

ShadowTiger
11-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Obviously, it should likely provide a popup requesting Dmap number information so it'd know which Dmap (And its slider.) we're going by.

cbailey78
11-22-2008, 06:13 PM
There are people like me who cannot script especially newbies which you would have to be a savvy scripter, so the shop system needs to be worked on.

Joe123
11-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Being able to script and being able to use other people's scripts are two very different things.

Dark Nation
11-28-2008, 01:47 AM
1. More shop type slots like 255Done. For info types, as well.

2. Have item icons showing in the shop type editor dialog like the enemies screen dialog that has the enemy icon.Done.

3. Change the shop type screen data to drop-down from type in box.Done. For info types, as well.

4. Be able to type in the shop type name in the shop type editor dialog just like you can name the Dmap Palettes.Done. For info types, as well.

5. I think it would be alot more convenient to be able to click on the screen destination in the minimap area instead of having to just type in the screen number.Done.

pkmnfrk
11-28-2008, 08:14 AM
:eek:!

:D!

The_Amaster
11-28-2008, 10:45 AM
...go DN! Go DN! Itsya Birthday!
*break dances*

cbailey78
11-28-2008, 06:45 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Dark Nation, You are the BEST!!! :D

I bet every ZC people just cant wait for the next build to release
Good Job.

TwilightKnight
11-28-2008, 06:52 PM
They really are done?! I thought they would be rejected immediately 'cause the feature freeze. These all are awesome small upgrades to Zquest.
Yay!

Dark Nation
11-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Well, I thought about these carefully before implementing them. I decided that these should be considered corrections to oversights from changes made before (for instance, increasing the number of dmaps without increasing the number of shops to go with it).

cbailey78
11-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Oh, I forgot to add another idea. When you are setting up the dmaps instead of just having to just type in the compass and the continue screen, you can left click in the minimap area to automatically set the continue point and right click to automatically set the compass point.

Dark Nation
12-01-2008, 10:41 PM
That's been in there for a while. Ctrl-Click the minimap button group to set the continue point. Alt-Click to set the compass point.

ShadowTiger
12-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Cool: Though who knew about it to do it. :-/ This is the first I'm hearing of it, and I like to keep up to date on all the hotkeys and shortcuts.

Maybe F1 can be changed to bring up a "Screen FAQ" for whatever part of ZQuest you're looking at, or at least to jump straight to the relevant portion of the ZQuest help txt that relates to the area of ZQuest you hit F1 within.

Of course, thanks very much for the "fix." They'll be really, really useful. :thumbsup:

Din
12-02-2008, 11:22 AM
More shop types!? More info types!? Whoo-hoo! Can't wait for the next build now!

Dark Nation
12-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Uh, the next build is out. It came out yesterday. :)

Din
12-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Oh... heh, alright then...

(Walks away embarrassed)

cbailey78
12-02-2008, 04:18 PM
I just don't know what to do without you, DN! You my people's dreams come true. You are the best!

I am just enjoying this conveniences a lot! It is just gonna make the quest building alot easier for quest builders!!!

Keep up the great work!
*Gives Firm Handshake*

cbailey78
12-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Sorry for double-post, but I just found out that you forgot to include the "Take One Item" to change the type in box to the drop down box like in the "Shop" Room type.

Thanks again, Keep up the good work!