PDA

View Full Version : Northrend in your north end...

Jenny
11-21-2008, 07:44 PM
so, since the release of WotLK i've been hooked on WoW even more...

my only complaint is, when you entered the Outlands, the first gear you got was insane and you really needed it, but in Northrend, your gear will last till level 78 - 80 and just makes it seem like a grind again, without the cool rewards.

but the end game will make up for that, Naxxramas will be a huge jump in gear and with years of more fun, its a treat :)

PS: I feel sorry for the people who got the awards of "First ___ to level 80"
___ being race / class. most people got that in 3 days, which i've been playing since release (Nov. 13) and still only made 4 levels. they must have not slept at all for the whole time.. how sad.

*tabs back into WoW to spend life doing something useful*

AlexMax
11-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I hate Wrath for the mere fact that I have to have a WoW subscription because it's the only game most of my real life friends fucking play anymore and the expansion just renews the addiction.

At least the abundance of Death Knights in outland makes it easy to find a group, especially if you're a healer who hasn't quite yet reached 70.

Yoshiman
11-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't have WotLK. My main character is only level 35, so it pretty much makes the entire expansion pointless to me. :p I kinda wish they would've included a few new classes or races besides the Death Knights or something.

And word in Trade Chat is that some kid made it to level 80 within 14 hours of release.

Nicholas Steel
11-21-2008, 11:21 PM
*tabs back into WoW to spend life doing something useful*
Uh, what? -_-"

Masamune
11-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Meanwhile while I have a priest still at 36 with my thumb up my ass looking for a fucking Scarlet Monestary group. Never in my fucking life have I felt that a healer should work so fucking hard to find a group.

Yoshiman
11-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Meanwhile while I have a priest still at 36 with my thumb up my ass looking for a fucking Scarlet Monestary group. Never in my fucking life have I felt that a healer should work so fucking hard to find a group.
I play as a Balance/Restore Druid, and it's the same thing with Razorfen Kraul and Razorfen Downs. It took me forever to find a group for those instances. Everyone always wants to do the instance that's 10 levels higher than you.

A friend and I have been running all the low level instances because we couldn't find a group for some of them.

We've been working the Auction House like crazy.

Breaker
11-22-2008, 05:20 AM
most of the "people" who get first whatever are played by multiple people taking shifts on the character. they probably get more sleep than you did.

Jenny
11-22-2008, 01:42 PM
And word in Trade Chat is that some kid made it to level 80 within 14 hours of release.

are you thinking of that paladin that mob tagged to level insanely fast, and got a 3 hour ban and reset to 70 for doing it? i lol'd when I heard that

MottZilla
11-22-2008, 05:55 PM
I LOL'd when I heard people still play World of Warcraft.

Seriously the game gets old and expensive fast. I don't see why people like it so much, my guess is they have nothing better to do. There are better games out there and just other things in general to do than spend way toomuch time playing a MMORPG.

Jenny
11-22-2008, 09:42 PM
well for me its the best mmorpg out there. i know alot of people like Warhammer alot, but thats pretty much a pure PvP game, i like WoW for the fact that you can pvp when you want, and still do raids and stuff.

and sure there are other fun games, i play them too, just not as much.

MottZilla
11-22-2008, 10:52 PM
I just don't see the appeal of the MMORPG, not so much against WoW as I will say if I were to play any MMO it would probably be that. I did play a long while back, before Burning Cursade. I got up to level 40 or so with a Hunter before losing interest.

The stat grinding that made up most of the game was not that satisfying to me and I'd much rather play a console RPG for that sort of thing.

ShadowTiger
11-22-2008, 11:11 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Private Servers can help with that. The bugs are rapidly being ironed out (At an alarming pace, with trinity core's introduction. Arenas and Battlegrounds work now. :thumbsup: ) and you have an amazing capacity for custom content. The server I'm on just introduced extended stats from level 71 to 100. My L96 Rogue has 21659 HP, and I'm adding custom items to the server whenever I can. I made a lightsaber and a gatling gun. They're incredible. Some of the people from AGN and Pure gave it a try, and they seemed to like it. They're entirely free, and you don't need to do nearly the level of repetitive grinding you do on retail. It's much more fun.

Well, that, and you can't pry open my wallet with a crowbar to pay for a retail account.

Archibaldo
11-23-2008, 12:27 PM
I must say the Death Knight campaign in WotLK is made of win. It's really cool, especially if you read the quest lore. It is an excellent addition, besides there are still plenty of people who know how to play for fun, like me. I just don't care about the grinding, i just do quests and there are some really fun ones.

AlexMax
11-28-2008, 12:43 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Private Servers can help with that. The bugs are rapidly being ironed out (At an alarming pace, with trinity core's introduction. Arenas and Battlegrounds work now. :thumbsup: ) and you have an amazing capacity for custom content. The server I'm on just introduced extended stats from level 71 to 100. My L96 Rogue has 21659 HP, and I'm adding custom items to the server whenever I can. I made a lightsaber and a gatling gun. They're incredible. Some of the people from AGN and Pure gave it a try, and they seemed to like it. They're entirely free, and you don't need to do nearly the level of repetitive grinding you do on retail. It's much more fun.

Private servers are awful, and are proof that while Blizzard might not have the best balancing team in the world, if you allow the players to come up with their own content it will all be universally awful and unbalanced.

It somehow manages to be even more boring than retail. Bosses don't use any spells and simply autoattack, any NPC that doesn't give out a quest has some boring placeholder text in it, PvP is a waste of time due to already-mentioned balance issues, the population is pitiful ensuring you'll never run into anyone outside of a major city, and you'll never catch up to people who 'donate' to the server who get special gear - defeating the entire purpose of private servers in the first place.

Honestly, if I wanted to play an awful MMO with random retards 'designing' the content, I'd play Shattered Earth.

Archibaldo
11-28-2008, 12:46 PM
I have to agree with Alex here. Private servers are just terrible. Sure they're free to play but in order to even compare to half the population on them you need to donate money, which, I'm told can equal to more a month than retail WoW. And it takes all the challenge out of the game. Everything is easy mode.

You might as well read a book or watch TV, watching TV has more user interaction than private servers.

ShadowTiger
11-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Where have you guys been? The crapjob emulator designers split. Trinity Core is in charge now. Bosses are scripted, instances work as they should, as do events, and donations don't take place on every server, so people aren't overpowered. Unless of course you consider a +5 STR shirt that says "I survived the testing phase" overpowered.

Different people play for different reasons. You will find few gamers who like two different MMORPGs (such as Guild Wars and WoW.) at the same time at at least fairly equal levels of enjoyment and find no qualms with one over the other. I wouldn't be surprised that anyone who has always played retail would find deviation impossible or distasteful. If I were in such a pair of shoes, I too would probably wonder how anyone could possibly play on a private server.

Because, again, it depends on the server. Generalizations just don't work that well when dealing with different managers of different servers. :shrug: They're all different in many ways, whereas Retail servers are all pretty much the same.

Dechipher
11-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Private servers are awful, and are proof that while Blizzard might not have the best balancing team in the world, if you allow the players to come up with their own content it will all be universally awful and unbalanced.

It somehow manages to be even more boring than retail. Bosses don't use any spells and simply autoattack, any NPC that doesn't give out a quest has some boring placeholder text in it, PvP is a waste of time due to already-mentioned balance issues, the population is pitiful ensuring you'll never run into anyone outside of a major city, and you'll never catch up to people who 'donate' to the server who get special gear - defeating the entire purpose of private servers in the first place.

Honestly, if I wanted to play an awful MMO with random retards 'designing' the content, I'd play Shattered Earth.

Hey fuck you.