PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Mama: Mama Kills Animals

Rijuhn
11-20-2008, 04:50 PM
So, PETA makes a flash game that spoofs Cooking Mama to get the point across about how turkeys are treated and slaughtered. The game is actually kinda fun, so check it out below.

http://www.peta.org/cooking-mama/index.asp

Cloral
11-20-2008, 06:27 PM
...and they are delicious!

PS: PETA is a group I don't think anyone should link to ever. In my opinion, they are some of the most useless people around.
Just throwing that out there...

Shazza Dani
11-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Well that's pretty gross.

Rijuhn
11-20-2008, 06:36 PM
In this Cooking Mama game, I hate how PETA is demonizing eating turkey for Thanksgiving by making the prepared food look like roadkill mixed with puke.

Trying to get a point across by using hyperbole in that sense will never work. It just comes across as rediculous.

Shazza Dani
11-20-2008, 07:14 PM
I can't stand PETA. They have good intentions, but it seems like they're run by immature idiots. Which is sad, because I'm all about ethical treatment for animals, and it would be nice if the organisation for it wasn't totally stupid.

Revfan9
11-20-2008, 07:27 PM
I just treat PETA like I treat to Global Warming people.

Haven't bothered looking at the game, but that title is hilarious. I remembered hearing about it earlier today and at first I thought it was the title of an actual game that was being released to the consoles.

Cloral
11-20-2008, 08:28 PM
In this Cooking Mama game, I hate how PETA is demonizing eating turkey for Thanksgiving by making the prepared food look like roadkill mixed with puke.

Trying to get a point across by using hyperbole in that sense will never work. It just comes across as rediculous.

That's exactly why I don't like them. I don't disagree with the whole 'don't mistreat animals' message, just the way they do things.

And meat isn't murder.

Aegix Drakan
11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
what...whaaaaaat....

WHAAAAAAT?!?!?

/me slams his fist down

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP?!?

Look, I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals, and I think that KFC in particular needs to freaking listen to that, but...

COME ON! It's not fair to hate people for eating meat. and attackting COOKING MAMA of all games?!? Good gosh, that's just retarded. It's a HARMLESS COOKING GAME.

ugh...Peta needs to get a brain. And now I will go dig into my meat filled supper right now! :eat:

ZTC
11-21-2008, 12:37 AM
lolwut
sounds like a fun game, I'll have to try it when I've free time. Aslo, PETA stands for People for Eating Tasty Animals by my book

Shazza Dani
11-21-2008, 12:45 AM
Aslo, PETA stands for People for Eating Tasty Animals by my book

That's not even clever. It doesn't make any sense.

rock_nog
11-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Blah, PETA. Like any religious organization, their entire argument about what is sin is entirely dependent upon your acceptance of their dogma. They have no rational argument for why eating meat is bad, you're just supposed to accept it as given. I never understood it at all.

Anthus
11-23-2008, 03:00 AM
Not a bad effort for a game, really. If Peta put as much effort into really getting a message across properly as opposed to developing immature flash games, maybe more people would give a shit. They use shock value, and scare tactics, and that never works for this kind of stuff.

Good job Peta. You provided me with about six minutes of entertainment, and your message was lost because I was having such a good fucking time ripping off feathers, and ripping out organs. Too bad everyone ever has been desensitized.

Rijuhn
11-23-2008, 03:37 AM
I was just at the Grand Illumination Parade in Dowtown Norfolk where I saw two PETA people dressed up in costumes. The kind of costumes that that Football teams would have. One was a carrot and the other was a turkey, and they were each holding a circular sign with one hand that said "Eat More Veggies".

I guess they figured that they can't get people to stop eating meat, so it'd be easier to get them to eat more vegetables, I don't know. Anyway, my friend took a picture of me with them, and I really want it to be my myspace default picture.

The headquarters for PETA is in Norfolk, btw.

The_Amaster
11-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Heh, IGN mentioned the meat issue in their review, actually.

*sigh* PETA, PETA, why must you be fanatical. You can accomplish far more with rationed argument and debate then you can with bizarre protests and spectacle.