PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Galery in Wind Waker. Anyone ever complete it?

Anthus
11-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah. So, has anyone ever actually done this? I was in the process of doing it for the second file thing, but there are nine different one-time-only pictographs. These include: Big Octo, Cyclos and Zyphos, Helmrock King, Phantom Ganon, Puppet Ganon, one of the Rito in the room with Medli, the mini boss Wizzrobe, Knuckle, and Tetra.

Yeah, so, since I finished the game, I naturally missed all of them with the exception of Phantom, and Puppet Ganon. That is only because I like fighting those bosses more than Ganondorf, so I never save after them, this way I can always re-fight them.

Eh, I don't think it is really worth it to start an all knew file just for this optional side quest. Sure, it is a blemish on the 100% file, but whatever. It is rather trivial since there isn't much content to this side quest.

Shazza Dani
11-16-2008, 09:39 PM
I think I tried once, but I couldn't find that one Rito guy.

CaRmAgE
11-16-2008, 10:17 PM
I was able to complete it, Knuckles included even though he's technically not needed to "finish" the set. I remember it taking me a long time on several of the harder ones (Cyclos being my hardest one to take). In case you're curious what the reward is for making them all...

-=SPOILER=-

Revfan9
11-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Attention! The following extra packages must be downloaded and installed in order to install this package (nintedo-gallery-completion):

libinsanity libinstanity-dev libocd hot-pockets freetime-x64

In addition, the following conflicting packages must be removed:

sex-life friends libsanity career future

Would you like to continue? [Y/n]

Anthus
11-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Attention! The following extra packages must be downloaded and installed in order to install this package (nintedo-gallery-completion):

Would you like to continue? [Y/n]

Your post made me laugh..

I find the side quest neat, but it is also kind of tedious. Only three pictures at time? Then playing the song of passing? Suppose you don't play the game for a while, and forget exactly what you've done?

Icey
11-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Yeah, it seemed like quite a waste of time to me. Reward is nothing (I mean, I could care less about any of the figurines) and it's time consuming.

I don't get why anyone would do it.

Revfan9
11-17-2008, 12:20 AM
In reality, I attempted to do it at first because the amusing captions interested me, then I figured out that you could just look those up online and stopped caring.

And people do it for the same reason that they do every other time wasting thing they do. They simply don't have anything better to do.

Shazza Dani
11-17-2008, 12:26 AM
I was able to complete it, Knuckles included even though he's technically not needed to "finish" the set.

HIS NAME IS KNUCKLE, NOT KNUCKLES, GODDAMMIT‼ HE'S NOT SOME DAMN ECHIDNA‼

/exaggerated anger

Anthus
11-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Man. I don't even have a GBA anymore. I remember using my Tingle Tuner. Shit was so cash.

Shazza Dani
11-17-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't have a GBA or Gamecube anymore. D: I miss playing The Wind Waker.

Pineconn
11-17-2008, 12:34 AM
It was fun, honestly. I was able to complete it a year or two ago. Was it worth it? Ehhh... I can at least say I'm part of a small group of people that are 1337 enough to do it.

DarkFlameWolf
11-17-2008, 08:44 AM
I did it once, but never again.

Anthus
11-17-2008, 04:15 PM
I think I'll just copy my file so I can have one where I can do the entire last dungeon, and one I can complete, and save again (since pics carry over from second save to third save). Maybe I'll do it someday.

Someday.

AtmaWeapon
11-17-2008, 08:41 PM

Would you like to continue? [Y/n]You should upgrade to Windows, man. Double-click, next, next, I agree, next, OK. Mac version coming soon!

Anyway, I'm sitting at about the 80% mark of non-Nintendo Gallery side quests on a file right now to be honest. After about 4 hours of canvasing the ocean for all the stupid trinkets in the game, I went and bought the new Tales of Symphonia to cure myself of it.

Stuff like the Nintendo Gallery's too much like work for me to want to bother with it.

Nicholas Steel
11-17-2008, 10:48 PM
I gave up pretty early, probably the most boring objective I encountered in a looong time.

Cronic
11-19-2008, 07:42 PM
I actually had a lotta fun with this one... it was nice to just get stoned snap some pics and then sail the seas for a turn in, but then I also kinda enjoyed the wintersaber grind in wow so who am I to say.

My advice is to enjoy the game and the hunt, and yes you should finish! no matter how tedius failure is never an option =P

vegeta1215
11-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Do you know who you're talking to? ;)

Of course I finished the gallery, but only on my second playthrough. (where you can start with the Deluxe Picto Box) It's not that hard, but you have to be aware of the missable photos early on. I think Valoo's might be missable for example. Only problem with it all is that before you get the song that lets you warp around, you have to do a lot of sailing back and forth to the Deku island cause you can only hold a few pictures at a time.

Shazza Dani
11-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Of course I finished the gallery, but only on my second playthrough.

I'm pretty sure that's the only time you can complete it.

CaRmAgE
11-22-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the only time you can complete it.

Actually, you can complete it during the first playthrough. It's just much less annoying during the second one.

Revfan9
11-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Wait, then how do you get Gohma's picture?

CaRmAgE
11-23-2008, 01:33 AM
You can take Gohma's picture during the second battle with it. Even though Gohma will be in black and white, Carlov will still accept the photo as long as you used the Deluxe Picto Box and followed all the other guidelines.

Anthus
11-23-2008, 02:20 AM
You can take Gohma's picture during the second battle with it. Even though Gohma will be in black and white, Carlov will still accept the photo as long as you used the Deluxe Picto Box and followed all the other guidelines.

Yeah. It still works. Helmrock King is the only one-time boss since you don't face him again in Ganon's Tower. I also think you can go through Dragon Roost cavern, and see Valoo at any point too.