PDA

View Full Version : Toying with an idea...

Anthus
11-13-2008, 09:14 PM
So, I was wondering: How difficult would it be if it is possible, to implement a custom death -> continue screen? This would come with an alternate song too. I'm guessing that could be changed, but I dunno.

... And, would it be possible to have it display a message on the death screen, then take you to the continue screen? And, now, this is just WAY out there, but would it be possible to have the death screen display one of several lines at random?

(this death screen is not the death animation, it is what happens after you blink out of existence. Basically, the continue screen has a custom message, followed by "Continue, End".)

ShadowTiger
11-16-2008, 09:33 AM
I think ZC can do one better. Instead, all it'd have to do is allow a few frames of slack upon Link losing all of his health for a script to run, instead of immediately shooting toward the death scene.

In fact, it could even do the death scene the instant Link loses all his health, but still allow a script to run. All it'd need to do is check to see if Link's health is equal to zero, and then if it is, to warp Link or restore his health. I.e. it'd do a check to see if Link's health is greater to zero after initiating the "Link's health is zero so I'd better do the endgame schtick." and then could warp you somewhere else, i.e. an identical screen with that death message.