PDA

View Full Version : Rock-in-the-hole // Layer change // Magic Burn

CloudWeaver
11-11-2008, 07:36 PM
ZQuest V2.10w
These are each seprate dilemmas. I know I should probably post these in seperate topics but my mother is breathing down my neck to get ready to go to dinner and I just don't have the time to put them up individually.

Firstly, I have a cavern system running beneath my underworld with holes in some spots that Link can fall in. I also have rocks by the holes. I can make the rock push onto the hole, but how do I make the rock fall into the hole and become walkable?

Secondly, I have the top of a tree which will drop out a heart piece when it is hit with a boomerang. I have the tree being the shaking kind, but the top is on layer five, how do I replace the shaking tile remotely to make the tree stop moving after it's hit?

Thirdly, I have an instant warp set up to become active when it is hit with the magic wand's fire. The problem here is that the wand beam flies right past the tile and to the edge of the map instead of striking it and becoming the fire. How do I make the wand beam stop in the middle of the map?

The_Amaster
11-11-2008, 08:07 PM
1.) Use a block-hole combo type. At leas,t I think that's what you want.

2.)Use combo cycling. Let your animated combo run for a few seconds, then have it cycle to a still one.

3.)Interesting. Does the wand magic only trigger soldid combos, I wonder...?

CloudWeaver
11-11-2008, 09:45 PM
1.) There does not seem to be a block-hole combo type, also if I can find it does it also double as a direct warp?

2.) I'm foggy on how to use Combo Cycling, and even if I knew how it seems that does not take into account that I want the moving to be replaced with the still when the boomerang hits a spot on an entirely different map. ((Remember, the animated combo is on layer 5))

3.) wondering is about all I can do also but you're far more proficient with ZQuest.

The_Amaster
11-11-2008, 11:01 PM
On an entirely different map? Say again what exactly you are trying to do, with more detail. Unless by different map you mean layer...

Block-hole might just be in the betas, hmmm. What version are you using?

CloudWeaver
11-11-2008, 11:22 PM
My first message opens with my version and I've said twice that it's another layer.

The_Amaster
11-12-2008, 11:14 AM
*sigh**rubs forehead* How did I miss that. Right sorry.
Okay, well you also said on another map, so I was confused.

I'm going to recommend going to Shardstorm.com and checking out one of the more recent betas. They're really stable now, and the features there will make what you want a lot easier.

The block hole combo type should be there, and I'll fiddle, see if I can get itto double as a warp as well.

As for your tree thing, well I know exactly how to do it, I just don't remember combo cycling exactly. After school today I'll boot up ZQ, refresh myself, and then give you a step by step of how toot set it up. I assume that when the boomerang hits base of the tree, you want the top to jiggle, and the heart to appear...where, at the base, at the top?

CloudWeaver
11-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Ooh, fancy new-things. I was wondering where to find updated versions. As for where the heart is, does it really matter? That I can do. I just need to know how to change a tile in a seperate layer.

The_Amaster
11-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Each layer has it's own set of secrets, but they all activate at once. So a trigger on layer 0 should activate secrets on layer 5. Just have layer five active as you enter he secrets window.

And now I'll boot up ZQ and check out combo cycling again.

CloudWeaver
11-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Hello? Is anyone alive? Unless there's been an apocalypse and I never got the memo, I still need help here.

CloudWeaver
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Still waiting for help here, well, on the magic fire and the rock, Amaster helped on the boomerang.

Joe123
11-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Use the block hole flag.
Amaster said that already.

CloudWeaver
11-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I looked, even in the newer version I just- I downloaded a week ago there is no block hole flag.

Link
11-24-2008, 10:14 AM
^^ Block Hole is flag 91.

CloudWeaver
11-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Ah, how blind am I.... Now about making the wand hit something other than the edge of the map...

Joe123
11-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Place a combo with 'Block All' combotype on the other side of it.
It probably has to be solid too.