PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hallowe'en!

Zaphod Q. IX
10-31-2008, 04:04 PM
In an hour or so, I'll be dressing my son in his one-of-a-kind Elmo costume and hitting the streets so he can load up on free candy! I'm looking forward to beginning his memories of one of the coolest kids' holiday there is.

Anyone else trick-or-treating this year?

rock_nog
10-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Far too old for trick-or-treating... And alas, living in an apartment is not conducive to handing out candy, either (or more importantly, decorating the yard). But, I've still got my annual Halloween movie marathon. This year, my line-up includes Nightmare Before Christmas, Shaun of the Dead, The Thing, Ghostbusters, maybe Alien... Might also have to throw in some Halloween gaming today, too, such as Resident Evil 4, Doom, and Eternal Darkness. And of course I made a pretty sweet jack'o'lantern.

Ah, but what a fine holiday. Growing up, my dad was always really big on yard decorating, though lately he hasn't but the same effort into it because these days, there just aren't as many trick-or-treaters. I remember this one time, he built a fire-breathing jack'o'lantern, which was the most awesome thing ever.

Beldaran
10-31-2008, 04:52 PM
Halloween is my favorite holiday!

I'm dressed as a Starfleet officer from Star Trek Voyager. We are having a party at my apartment with my brother in law and some of his friends.

My wife is dressed as a circus lion tamer, my brother in law is dressed as a Death Eater from Harry Potter, one of the other guys attending is dressed as a Sith Lord. I'm not sure what everyone else is going as.

Russ
10-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Wow, here it is, 2 hours before I need to leave, and I don't even have a costume picked out. I have to get over my procrastination problem.

Archibaldo
10-31-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm heading out to a party tonight with my roommate and his girl friend. I'm dressing up as a rock star from the 80's. With a blond wig, eye-liner, tattoo sleeves, ripped jeans and fingerless gloves. I'll get a picture and post it later. It's gonna be awesome.

King Aquamentus
10-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Mario again this year. I just like wearing the big mustache on my face.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/ssjlink1/PICT0500.jpg

AtmaWeapon
10-31-2008, 08:29 PM
I've seen the seemingly ran'dom a'postro'phe in the name enough times lately to ask where the devil it comes from? Is it some traditional name that somehow no one used for the past 24 years, is it common in places I've never been, or is it another example of the use !punctuation .like, sa'lt trend these days?

Cloral
10-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Going to a party tonight. That's about it. Probably will go to the store tomorrow to see if I can get some leftover bulk candy on the cheap.

Aegix Drakan
10-31-2008, 10:46 PM
hahaha.

At work they had a costume contest thingy. If you were in costume, they gave you a raffle ticket to win...what else? Games. (with an Xbox 360 for the grand prize)

:P the prospect of potential prizes lured me into action. unfortunetely, I had no time to prepare, soo....

Support reaper. TWEWY. (I.e. Suspicious looking guy with a dark hoody and a scarf covering my face.)

...needless to say I won nothing. But it figures, eh?

Buit it was fun to block someone from leaving the lunch room and say "Like a bolt from the blue...it's time for the reaper review!"

Modus Ponens
10-31-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm still dressed as a Starfleet officer from Star Trek Voyager.

Fixed.

And, Atma, the word Halloween is a contraction of "All Hallow's Evening"; time tends to remove letters from long words. Anyway, the apostrophe stands in the place of the V, kind of like when you see poetic things like e'en tho' it be a cross that carries me.

As for me, I'm going to a party with my sister and her husband. The theme of the party is for everyone to dress as ghosts in sheets; I'm either going to be Pimp Ghost or Sports Ghost (Goodwill had an awesome gold lamé bedsheet for which we got a leopard-print pimp hat, and a really cute sheet with various sports balls all over it). Whatever my brother-in-law isn't, I will be.

DarkDragon
11-01-2008, 01:18 AM
But then shouldn't it be 'hallow'e'en'?

Dechipher
11-01-2008, 02:44 AM
I dressed up as Convict Clause (Santa hat/Beard with Orange Jumpsuit) and the party I was at got busted. So insane. I'm still a bit drunk, about to go to iHop.
Peace.

Archibaldo
11-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Hehe, on the walk over to the party I saw a group of people running down the streets, on guy was pac-man and the four other guys were the ghosts running around him. The pac-man guy was running around going "nom nom nom nom". It was awesome.

moocow
11-01-2008, 11:12 AM
My son was dressed as Batman (The Dark Knight version). Filled his Batman bucket up three times on Thursday, and filled it up at the mall last night. Needless to say, we've got A LOT of candy.

Going to a party tonight. I'm dressing up as a pirate (original, right?). I need to get some last minute things for my costume tonight. I was going to go as Medusa, but unfortunately I couldn't find a fucking rubber snakes at Wal-Mart, which pissed me off (they always have them in the toys - I should know, I've bought them for Bladen a few times). Anyhow, I have a black dress, a bandanna with skulls on it, big gold hoop earrings, make-up, fishnets and my knee-high boots... want to get some red ribbon or something to make a sash and buy a toy sword lol.

Aaron is going as... I dunno exactly... he said something about a trailer trash chick? He has a mullet wig he desperately wants to wear (again), and that's what he came up with...

Aegix Drakan
11-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Hehe, on the walk over to the party I saw a group of people running down the streets, on guy was pac-man and the four other guys were the ghosts running around him. The pac-man guy was running around going "nom nom nom nom". It was awesome.

That....

is....

Freaking...

AWESOME.

The_Amaster
11-01-2008, 06:05 PM
I spent the night working my Haunted house, and we took in $1900. A lot of people were definitly out celebrating, and I saw some great costumes.
These two guys showed up as the brothers from Boondock Saints, if you can believe it, and there was this cute group of anime schoolgirls and a six-year old dressed as the Flash. It was rather fun.

rock_nog
11-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Six-year-old dressed up as the Flash makes me think of this.

http://penny-arcade.com/images/2008/20080514.jpg

AlphaDawg
11-02-2008, 12:36 AM
I dressed up as Sarah Palin.

"Pics or it didn't happen."

OK, here you go... (http://www.alternateu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=71)

There was more to the costume than just the mask, I had fake boobs to go with it, you just can't see them that well in the picture.

Needless to say, I am an overwhelming favorite to win that costume contest.