PDA

View Full Version : Question about Triforce Pieces

alfinchkid
10-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Is it possible to make a screen so that you need an amount less than your Triforce piece total to access an area with a "Level 9 Entrance" screentype?

Example: If I were to do a LttP-esque quest, I would set up the 3 Medallions as the first 3 Triforce pieces, and the Crystals as the rest. Is there a way to make the Lost Woods inaccessible until you have the 3 Triforce pieces (medallions) before going to get the Master Sword WITHOUT getting all the crystals as well?

The_Amaster
10-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Not using the Level 9 Entrance, but a really simple script that checks for Triforce count and then changes a few onscreen combos to let you pass should work.

Unfortunatly, I can't write it...

Nicholas Steel
10-31-2008, 09:05 PM
a few examples of what you want are present in the quest Lost Isle by Dark Flame Wolf, that quest uses a very old beta version and the scripts most likely will fail on a new beta. still, you can look at the quest to see it's effects... what your after occurs after beating the 2nd dungeon IIRC.

_L_
11-01-2008, 04:39 AM
"...most likely will fail on a new beta"? Why do you say that?

Nicholas Steel
11-01-2008, 05:22 AM
Hmm, I may have confused it with FFC wihich wont work in a newer build since all the changes made.