PDA

View Full Version : Question about a certain enemy type.

Dann Woolf
10-31-2008, 08:33 AM
First things first: I'm using the 2.11 version beta.
---
Having trouble setting up the magic meter in the passive subscreen, how do I do this properly?
---
Is it possible to have the whistle act like the ocarina from Link's Awakening? If you don't know what I mean, I'll explain. When you first got it, it didn't actually do anything, but you learned three different songs during the game, each having their own effect.
---
I'm trying to make a big Moblin, twice the size of the regular ones. However, when I play the quest only the top-left corner of the Moblin appears. How do I fix this?
---
Sorry if I'm annoying you guys, I haven't been using ZC in a while so I've gotten kinda rusty.

Dann Woolf
11-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I hate to double post but I really need help here, especially with the magic meter thing.

Joe123
11-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I noticed a "Guy" enemy type, what does this do exactly?
No idea.
Guys are out-dated.

There are going to be houses in my game, some made of wood and others of bricks, alongside the traditional caves. It seems a little out of place to have all the houses have the same cave interior. Is there a way to have different kinds of interiors for different buildings/caves?
Of course!

Just make a new DMap, set it to Interior or Dungeon, and draw up your caves on there.
Have the warp take you to the screen on that DMap rather than Screen 80, and set up your guy/string/room type etc. as normal.
Make sure the DMap has level number greater than 0, and check the DMap flags, as some of them can be culprit for strings not appearing.

How do I make it so guys in caves don't vanish once you've taken an item?
Don't use guys because they're crap.
Draw down the tiles for your NPCs on the screen.

Is there any way to rename the custom item classes?
No.

Having trouble setting up the magic meter in the passive subscreen, how do I do this properly?
Can you be a bit more specific?
What is it that you're currently doing?
Where have you started from (what tileset)?

Dann Woolf
11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Trying to set the magic bar graphic. I'm using the default tileset, and I'm using tile 25780 for all four tiles. When I go into the game it doesn't actually show how much magic I have. Isn't there a tutorial or something for this?

Joe123
11-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Which subscreens do you have set for your current DMap?
Make sure you have a Passive Subscreen with the Magic Meter on it set for the DMap you're using.

No, there is no tutorial.

Dann Woolf
11-06-2008, 04:38 AM
I have the subscreens set up properly, I think it's a problem with the tiles and minitiles. Can you maybe show a few screenshots of how the tiles are supposed to be set up, and which minitiles are supposed to be selected?