PDA

View Full Version : Childs Quest, All Grown Up: Help needed

X-Theta
10-30-2008, 03:07 AM
I'm having trouble finding the boss key in Level 4. I wonder if I need Zora's Flippers to get it, but the only item I've found is the wand. Also, whats the deal with the room where the guy says He didn't know how these blocks got here ? I tried everything in that room, but it seems to be a dead end.

elise
10-30-2008, 07:16 AM
http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36759
there you can find a big thread about this quest maybe you can find the answere there ;)
All I can say is you don't need the flippers

rocksfan13
10-30-2008, 04:35 PM
The blocks sit in front of the direction you need to go in the next room.

The flippers are not needed.

Franky
10-31-2008, 05:28 AM
For the bosskeyroom walk the way along the unreachable Chest open the brigde, next room use the wand, use stairs. If you come up walk through wall upper right, next room walk through wall bottom.

X-Theta
11-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Thanks for all your help. I got through level 4, but I still don't know what to do in that room with the blocks blocking the direction of the doorways. Maybe I'm supposed to return when I have another item to remove those blocks ? I'm also looking for the blue ring, I'm in level 5 now, but I'm having trouble getting through it.

rocksfan13
11-06-2008, 02:18 PM
There is nothing special in that room.

The Blue ring can be found where you got the sword.

X-Theta
11-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks Rocksfan13. I'm pretty sure I got all the items in the level. I have the raft, and the third sword as well...This might sound a little lame, but I can't find level 6. I thought it would be in the graveyard, or graveyards (there's one to the north that I got to with the raft), but when I get there, it seems like its closed off. Am I missing something ?

rocksfan13
11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
That IS level 6. You need but to open the gate.

X-Theta
12-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks again for your help rocksfan13. I'm now at Level 7, and I seem to be stuck in a dead end. I've found 2 keys, have opened 2 doors, but it seems like I either run into rooms with locked doors even after I kill all the enemies, I need the flippers, or the torches won't light up. I thought I found a small room with a tile where it looks like a whistle secret, but nothing happens. Can you point me in the right direction ?

Nevermind, I found the secret passage that leads me to the third key...now if only I could figure out how to get past the blocks room with the orange block, and the other colored blocks.

rocksfan13
12-15-2008, 04:39 PM
They must be placed next to their same in a certain order. Colors of the rainbow order maybe?

KavinPulsar
12-21-2008, 09:08 PM
I am stuck in Level 4. Oh my god, I so wish I had the lens of truth!!! I saw it in the shop, but it was more than my money bag can hold. Boo hoo hoo! I did get a new pouch in Level 5, and I clawed together enough dough to fill it... but the lens is 520 - more than my new pouch can hold... :(

Anyway, amazingly, I got the wand, compass, map, & magic upgrade in level 4. I still need the boss key. I used the wand on a blue crystal on the northwest corner, and took the stairs which opened up in an area two rooms north of where I started in the black area of the map. This room looks like a smiley face to me :) Enemies are two red spheres and five red snakes in it. Now this room, I am stuck. I tried looking for a walkthru wall, and couldn't find any. I tried bombing the walls. The four brown blocks don't move, the two unlit candles don't light, the doorway on the north won't open, and the odd color jar in the middle (four total, one odd blue) doesn't do anything when I move it. I can't break the statues...

rocksfan13
12-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Push the top right pot, then light the bottom left torch.

And you don't HAVE to buy the lens. It can be gotten for nothing once you acquire the hookshot.

KavinPulsar
12-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Haha, a combo. Thanks! I had moved on to Level 6 and bought arrows, so this is good. I went back to beat 4 and found a bug. After you have drained the boss of his life, if you are standing in the area of the screen where the words are shown, you get stuck! Can't move and have to restart...
If you fix that bug, it would of been nice to hear the secret music when I moved the pot, so I knew it was a combo to open the door. And maybe you could lower the price of the lens of truth to 500 ;)

KavinPulsar
12-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Ok, I beat level 6. It was good I went back and was able to get the third sword :) What an insane number of locked doors and keys.

So What is in this other graveyard, just south? I can see the entrance on the very south side, and what looks like a target one screen west, but the bow&arrow don't activate it when I shoot it.

I am off to level 7 now, I found the green sculpture and shot out its eye.

KavinPulsar
12-23-2008, 12:10 PM
It's me again! I finished off Level 7, and am in Level 8 now. I got the silver arrow, compass, and map (I even collected an amazing 15 heart containers :) ). I found the boss door, but not the boss key...where is it? I even bought the lens of truth finally ! One complaint, it doesn't show walkthru walls...

Also, what is between the ladder, glove, heart retainer, and flippers? There are two items i presume are in level 9?

rocksfan13
12-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Level 9 is in the graveyard.
The hookshot. If you have the map, you walked right by it.

KavinPulsar
12-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Yes, I have the hookshot. I got that on 1st floor, southwest corner room, if I remember correctly.

I don't remember where the map was :( I got it early....I think it was on the 1st floor, west side, where the three crystals were. But I can't seem to find this boss key in the adjacent rooms. Could you be a little more specific?

rocksfan13
12-24-2008, 12:45 PM
The boss key is passed a false wall on your way to the Boss. It will open when you unlock a door that leads to the next floor.

KavinPulsar
12-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks a lot! So I am wandering around Level 9. I got the silver boomerang and made it on the West side to the man who talks about "high roller" on the 2nd floor. Next to him, is a room with two chasms and a locked door on the other side. I fall down to a room with skull warrirors (that you boomerang the light on the other side of the wall to make the water ice) on the 1st floor, and am trapped. I can't get out the doorway (it is blocked in the other room). Am I missing something or is that a bug? I can see with the magic mirror there is a candle in front of me in the doorway, but I can't push it out of the way.

I had to restart the level to get back to that area (I got the hammer eventually, then red ring).

Can you help me understand where to go next? I went back to the East, hammered my way thru two different paths, found the map in one, and at the end of both got stuck a closed door which won't open.

Door 1: 2nd floor, northeast corner, as you come up the stairs. Door won't open. there is a pot with a switch under it...
Door 2: 1st floor, second room down from the northmost room. THere are 7 pots along the left side, four on the right, and a block in the middle.

KavinPulsar
12-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Ok, I figured out Door 1. That was really tricky... Maybe you ought to show with the lens of truth what to do for others if you make an update. I got lucky, I just started trying stuff. Man, all that work for a key...\

I still don't know where to go next :(

One thing which was odd. 1st floor, east side, there is a room with a chest and a stairwell. If I enter from the west blown passage, I am in the highlighted area and can go down the stairs only. IF i enter from the north, i am one screen wester in a darkened room on the map. I can only open the chest. IF I push the block out of the way and walk up, I suddenly am teleported one screen east and can't go back to the chest area... What's up? This a glitch?

And how am I suppose to advance? I am stuck. What's the way to find the next item?

rocksfan13
12-26-2008, 01:05 PM
No. That's the way that room is supposed to work thanks to 2.10.

The pattern for your items is East, West, East, West. Then final path to the end is via the East side. You still need the fire arrow and Din's Fire.

Door 2: Push one of the pots on the right.

KavinPulsar
12-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately Door 2 takes me to a dragon and a teleport back to start...

So on the East side, where am I suppose to go to get this 3rd item? Is there some hidden passage on the 2nd floor in the center room (3 ghosts, 3 mummies, posts, that has the key on the lower left of the room)? Or is it on the 1st floor? I really don't know how to proceed to the item :( .

rocksfan13
12-27-2008, 11:39 AM
No. All items are on the 4th floor.

On the 1st floor, go straight up. Your path will take around to the right and eventually lead to the next floor.

KavinPulsar
12-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Yes, I went that way. On the 2nd floor, I get stymied (that room with the mummies and ghosts ans stumps on the 2nd floor is as far as I can proceed). How to get to the third floor?

KavinPulsar
12-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Ok, found the secret walkthru on floor 2. I made it to Din's Fire!!! Gosh, this is so tough...

I made it to the fire arrow chest on the West side too :_)

I am having problems figuring out how to defeat the crazy Goriya. The buttons don't seem to work when I step or hammer them... A little help

rocksfan13
12-28-2008, 01:12 PM
The idea is to find the right one.

They are triggered in a specific order until you hurt him.

KavinPulsar
12-28-2008, 07:14 PM
I beat the game! :)

rocksfan13
12-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Very nice. You are one of the few that have.

Congratulations!!!

Thanks for playing.

X-Theta
01-02-2009, 10:37 PM
They must be placed next to their same in a certain order. Colors of the rainbow order maybe?

I'm still stuck here...I thought I tried everything. Any other suggestions you could give me ?

rocksfan13
01-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Red goes next to red, orange to the orange, yellow to yellow, green to green, blue to blue, violet to violet.

Colors of the rainbow. In that order. ROYGBV.

X-Theta
01-04-2009, 08:16 PM
This room doesn't have red, green, or violet blocks. Just one orange block, 2 yellow blocks, 3 blue blocks, and the rest are gray. it had a keyblock in the room, and it also has one switch in it. I can't seem to move any of the blocks onto the switch. The room also has those blue boomerang enemies in it. So I think I'm in a different room from the one you're thinking of.

rocksfan13
01-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Ok, I know what room you're in now.

It's the orange one that you must get onto the switch.
Move the blue blocks to the left or right and the gray ones up or down out of your path to the switch to get it there.

fajz
01-15-2009, 08:53 AM
For the Boss Key in Level 4 I followed all the directions in post #4 got to the room it says to get to (I have been here several times already) and all I get is a bottle of "Life Returning Juice. I have moved the blocks to cover the 4 buttons on the floor, but nothing happens. What am I missing?

rocksfan13
01-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Not only do you need to cover those four, there are two more in the middle under the water. They should show up if you push the blocks right. There is a sequence to it.

fajz
01-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks Rockfan13. Can you tell me, does it matter which block covers which button? There's a heck of a lot of combinations especially if it matters which block covers which button. Is there anywhere that give a clue of the order. I have spent 3 hours on this one room this morning. After a while it really gets boring. Love your Simpsonized family. Which is you?

rocksfan13
01-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Well, remember what you have to do with yellow blocks? Burn them first, then move them.

My avatar is me.

fajz
01-16-2009, 11:39 PM
At this time I'm not worried about covering the buttons in the water, I'm trying to get the buttons in the water to show up. I have tried every combo with the 4 blocks and buttons and I can't get the water buttons to show up. Again does it matter which block covers what button?

Never mind got it. Great clue there. I am, however missing one key. There is a room where there are 16 pots all blue. Earlier moving the blue pot opened a trap door. Does the same thing happen when one of these pot are moved? One more thing. three rooms back from the boss key room (where you come up from north unreachable chest) it also has a blue pot with 3 brown ones.Is this hiding anything? I need that last key and I'm clutching straws.

rocksfan13
01-17-2009, 07:35 PM
The 16 pot room is a diversion.

I'm not quite sure what room you are talking about. I know there is a key hidden in a room with 2 blue blocks. One opens the door, the other opens the stairs.

fajz
01-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I need a little help in the cave that has the Raft. I have found 1 key in the room where the first keyed door is, but I can't find any more and I need at least 2 more. Also where on earth is the Boss Key? I have a feeling it is where those two "Bat" Ghosts are, but I can't figure out where in this room is could be. Little help Please and thanks

FZ

Never mind I found it. How many enemy's do I have to kill in the Boss room to get the Raft? I have killed about a 100 and still don't have the raft. Are the rest of the bosses like this?

fajz
02-10-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm having a little trouble with level 6. There are a couple rooms with blocks blocking the way that I can't seem to figure out how to get to drop. One of them is blocking a Chess and the other is blocking some stairs. Can someone tell me how to get these blocks to drop out of the way? One other thing where on earth is the map for level 6?

rocksfan13
02-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Sorry I haven't been around to help you lately. Busy trying to find a job....
Anyway; level 6; The dark grey blocks are moved with the help of the level 2 bracelet and you will also need the red candle for other obstacles.

fajz
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
RocksFan13,

I'm talking about the blocks that sink into the floor not the pushable blocks.

rocksfan13
02-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Ok. I'm a little off today.
To lower the blocks you need the bow and arrow to shoot a statue.
Both are located quite close to each other. The bow is found, the arrow is bought, but the shop is hidden in the level.

fajz
02-10-2009, 07:44 PM
How about the map for level 6? And is the shop for the B & A in the dungeon, basement or the 1st floor of this level? But mostly where is the map.

EDIT: OK I found the Bow but not the shop with the arrow. You said they are close together? I really want and need the map.

rocksfan13
02-11-2009, 02:28 PM
The shop is in the very bottom level, behind a fake wall.
The map; go to where you got the compass. There is a path there. Take it. Follow until you go to the basement. Follow until you reach an end, bomb south wall.

fajz
02-12-2009, 08:34 AM
OK I did all you said above and ended up where I got the "Cross or Amulet". The wall south will not bomb. I'm pretty sure I started where I got the compass. From the start I went 2 rooms East, took the path, went 1 room east and took the path to the north, went 1 south and 1 west. Is this where the compass was? From this room I took the path, went 2 north and 2 west (this is where the Cross/Amulet was). South wall won't bomb.

rocksfan13
02-12-2009, 01:10 PM
You walked by it.
From the compass path, follow to the west, south 2 times, go upstairs. The map is through a fake wall to the south in that room.
Check around the statue.

fajz
02-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Found the map, RockFan13. Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll have more questions before I'm done. Now it off to find that rotten Arrow Shop.

fajz
02-13-2009, 08:58 AM
RockFan13, I can't for the life of me find the shop with the Arrow. I know where it is it's in the NorthWest corner of the Basement, but I can't figure out how to get there. There's a room in the very southmiddle of the Dungeon that has a door going north that I can't figure out how to open. It has 2 white ghosts in it and 2 pots. It a very small room and I have a feeling this is how to get to the shop. How do you open this door to the north. If this is not the way to the shop how about a little hint?

rocksfan13
02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
The opening to the shop will reveal itself in a room that only harbors rupees.
Use the whistle on the floor pattern.
To get there, the room you speak of is close. That north door will only open coming from the other side.
Go back the way you came until you reach the room with the big pit in the middle and a down staircase. Bomb the south wall. Continue south. Come to a room with a door blocking a path. Bomb that too. Take the path. That is where you go to get to the shop.

fajz
02-13-2009, 08:30 PM
RockFan, backtracking from the room with the door to the north that will only open from the other side I only come across two rooms with big pits. One is where you needed to hit a krystal to make a bridge appear and the other has several large "Snakes" and you can't get to the south wall because of under the pots are pits that you fall down. Where is the room wit the pit in the middle and a staircase down that the south wall needs to be bombed to get to the shop?

FOUND IT FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

fajz
02-15-2009, 12:46 PM
RockFan13,

I do have a quick question for you. I have now beaten 6 levels and I am in Level 7 ready to start it, however I still don't have a boomerang be it wooden, blue or fire. Where did I miss the wooden and the blue boomerang and is there a fire boomerang in this quest?

rocksfan13
02-16-2009, 12:18 PM
You didn't miss the Boomerang.
It's found via a secret passageway that leads to one area of level 3 you couldn't get to.
There is a hint in one of the levels that tells its location.
"One of the merchants constantly complains of a draft."
There is a shop close to level 3 that hides a secret path.
The 2nd boomerang "Freezerang" is in level 9.
There is no fire boomerang.

fajz
02-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Rock,

I would really like to have the Lens and it's for sell in a shop, however I need the large wallet. Can I ask where it might be? One more thing are the flippers in level 7?

Thanks

rocksfan13
02-17-2009, 12:13 PM
You need the flippers for the large wallet, which is in level 4. (That lone chest in the water you passed)
Yes, they are in level 7.
However, the lens can be gotten for free once you get the hookshot.

fajz
02-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Rock,

In level 7 there is a key in a chest on the 3rd floor that is in the water and I can't get to it to hit it with my sword and open the chest. What is the secret to opening this chest? I can only hope you know what room I'm talking about.

elise
02-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Is it where you need the flippers before you have the flippers , you have to go back after you get them
;O)

fajz
02-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi Elise,

I have the flippers but can't get the chest opened to swim over to get he key.

rocksfan13
02-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Is it the room with Tektites and a small pond at the bottom?
This is the only one on the 3rd floor that has water in it.
You have to whistle on the floor pattern on the right, but if you have the flippers, you're not gonna be able to open the chest. It was meant to be gotten before the flippers.

fajz
02-23-2009, 08:18 AM
I seriously was afraid of that. I went in with a couple extra key ( I always buy a couple key if they are for sell somewhere just to have them). Oh well. I'm still one key short I went in with 2 extra and now I have none. Here's a question for you, I've made it to the Boss in level 7 and three stones fall then several "Mummies" show up and I kill them. After that I walk around the room forever and no more enemies show up. What do I need to do to get more enemies to show up so I can finish this Boss off?

rocksfan13
02-23-2009, 12:45 PM
You need to knock the "Boss" off the rafters.
You should see two poles that lead to the ceiling.
Try shaking them with something.

fajz
02-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Rock,

I have made it to the Boss in level 8 but can't figure out what I need to do to the buttons on the wall. With the Lens I can see that to start with the button on the wall south of the door needs to be hit be something to advance further. Am I right about this? I have gotten the Hook and the Silver Arrow out of Level8, am I missing something or should I have gotten something "outside" before entering level8 to help me with the Boss?

Thanks Rock,

FZ

rocksfan13
02-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Nope. You have everything you need.

The switches take a variety of different items to trigger them. The only things you won't use are bombs, the boomerang, or the candle.

fajz
02-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Sorry but I give up. I can't figure out how to beat Level 8's boss. I bet it's something simple I just can't figure out and I'll be embarassed when I find out. With the lens I can see that the button on the wall just south of the door dissapears but I hit it with everything I have and can't seem to trigger it. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Little help please.

rocksfan13
02-27-2009, 11:39 AM
A little help then:
In order;
1.Top left, hit with arrow
2.Bottom right (under door), hit with sword
3.Bottom left (under door), hit with sword
4.Top right (above door), hit with arrow
5.Top right, hit with arrow
6.Bottom left, hit with hookshot
7.Bottom right, hit with arrow
8.Top middle, hit with hookshot
9.Bottom middle, hit with sword

Then that's it.

fajz
03-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Rock Fan13 is the hammer and Din's Fire in level 8 or somewhere outside before I go to
L8? I have found 3 entrances to L8 are there more? Thanks for the help. I do have the Freeze Boomerang but can't find anything else. Also is there a Boss Key for each floor?

rocksfan13
03-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Level 8? Do you mean level 9? There's only one entrance to level 8. There are 2 to level 9 and a back door.
If level 9 is what you speak of, then yes, those items are in there. Since you already have the freezerang, I can only assume that is what level you are in.
No. There is only one Boss Key to get onto the final stage.
I should add that the items alternate sides. Once you get an item on the East side, the next will be on the West, then back to the East, and so on..

fajz
03-07-2009, 01:41 PM
OOps, yea I did mean L9, thanks for the help. Can you tell me the order the items are found? I found a Boss key in the Back Door area so I got the ticket to get by the west old man, but when I get to a boss key door on the 4th floor it won't let me thru. I am hoping I get the hammer is pretty quick. This probably isn't the forum to ask this but I going to anyway. Hows the job search going. I hope for your sake you found something.

Here's a question for you Rock Fan13. I found the Freeze Boomerang in the East, so the next item to find is in the West. To get to the item in the west does it have to do with using the Boomerang in one of the west rooms? I can only get to 15 rooms in the west. One on each side of the start room, 5 North from the start then 3 east from there, warp to get to a room 2 east of the start and 2 north of there. I need to get to the last room listed above from the east to trigger the switch so I can go north. And once again it would be nice to have the map. That's one of the only complaints I have about this quest. It takes to long to find the maps.

rocksfan13
03-07-2009, 04:15 PM
The job search sucks.

But in answer to your questions, you are correct. The next item is in the west. The boomer is the key item to get you through. Look for switches and trick doors and walls.
I think you can get the map on the east side after the 2nd item. I think...

fajz
03-07-2009, 10:47 PM
How about this question. Once I get the boomer, in which I do, Do I go over to the west side or is there a room in the east side that I need to warp over to the west side to get or set up the getting of the second item? It's really getting tiring walking around in the same 10 or 15 rooms.

rocksfan13
03-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Once you got the boomer, head right for the west side. When you get the next item, head right to the East side.
Have you managed to get to the 2nd floor on the west side yet?

fajz
03-08-2009, 05:27 PM
No all I have done in the west is head north 5 rooms, east 3 rooms and warp to the room 2 east of the west start room. Then 2 rooms north of there I can't get the switch to trigger. I need to enter this room from the west to trigger that switch. Also the room before the switch room I can't figure out how to open the door to the east. Anyway no I haven't reached the second floor in the west. I take it I'm missing a warp somewhere along the above route.

rocksfan13
03-08-2009, 06:21 PM
No. There is no warp. Yet.

You're on the right path. Did you try bombing the doors?

fajz
03-08-2009, 10:20 PM
AdvancementIf you are talking about the door in the room south of the room with the switch, I thought I did. I'll try again. Is there anything else needed before the bombing of the door, like a whistle or something? When I use the lens of truth on this door a caldron with fire shows up. I thought this was rather strange. While I wait for your reply to this I'll go back and bomb the door again an see what happens.

OK I have found the 2nd floor in the west. I can't even believe I missed a bombable wall. That is the first thing I usually check for when I need a way out of a room. Once I get to the southeast corner of the 2nd floor I go east 2 and north 1. I can't seem to get across the chasm so I fall back to a room on the 1st floor and I'm stuck. I have to save and start over. There is a door to the west but the door on the other side won't open.

rocksfan13
03-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Ok. You've missed another bombed wall.

fajz
03-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Well, I now have the hammer and I am back in the east looking for the next Item. I have a couple questions for you. Do you get hte red ring in level 9 or do you need to buy it in the store that is in the water after getting the hammer? What is the red "necklace you can buy for 10 rupies in the store with the rings for? And last but certainly not last. In the east side of level 9 from the starting room you go 1 room west and 4 rooms north there is a room with 4 moveable blocks. 2 brown, 1 gray and 1 blue. What is the combination or where do you need to place these blocks to get the doors to open? Oh and one more thing. Is the master key in level 9. I am having to buy all kinds of keys because I can't seem to find any.

rocksfan13
03-10-2009, 08:46 AM
The ring is bought at the store. The necklace is nothing. Just a filler.
There is no master key.
The blocks are a diversion. Try something on the door.

fajz
03-16-2009, 07:49 AM
OK I have been to the west and got the hammer, now back in the east I have 3 hours of playing time and have found absolutely nothing. It bordering on redicules. How about some help where the next item is

rocksfan13
03-16-2009, 01:53 PM
On the east side, there is a room with lots of pegs. One hides a warp. All items are one the 4th floor. The Boss is the only on the 5th.

I've been told that level 9 is the worst, so if you give up, I truly understand. :)

fajz
03-16-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm not much for giving up. I've come this far and hopefully with your help I'll finish. I've been to the room with all the pegs. All it does is get me to the east side of the 1st floor then north for a key. I take it there's something I'm missing on the east side.

How about this? On the East side second floor there is a room with 3 doors on the east side of the room. Can you go thru either of the two lower doors. You can hook over and go thru the top door but when you go to the other two doors they close. You can go thru the wall south and get a key, but is there a way thru these other 2 doors. Also in the next room to the east How do you get the peg in the floor to lower so you can get to the stairs and the warp in the next room. It has something to do with the "statue without a face" but I can't figure it out, unless of course I need something like the fire arrow or something else I don't have as of yet. Thanks again for the help.

rocksfan13
03-18-2009, 09:52 AM
No. You've found the secret in the 3 door room. The south wall.
The next room; you are correct. You need the fire arrow to trigger the no face statue.
Also, in that room, you'll see a crystal. Hit that with magic to lower the top peg.

fajz
03-18-2009, 06:30 PM
I've been in all but 2 rooms on the 1st floor of the east side. The two rooms are: from the start room 7 rooms straight north(the very top room) and the second room is where I probably need the fire arrow again. It is: form the start room 1 west, 2 north, 1 west and 3 North. You mentioned above that the peg room warp has something. All I find is a key once I go thru the warp. Is there something else over there I haven't found? I feel like I've tried everything in every room, so if there is something else there you have me completely fooled. A little help here would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks RockFan13 for all your help I'm determined to finish this Quest.

rocksfan13
03-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Ok. You've got the first floor covered. Those 2 rooms, you haven't gotten to yet.
One needs the arrow, the other you come from the 2nd floor 2.

The object in this level is to go up floors. Find the stairs and go up. Have you been able to get to the 3rd floor yet?

fajz
03-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Yea, I can get to the west half of the 3rd floor and to the top part of the 4th floor. This is where I got the freeze boonerang. I haven't found the way to the east side of the 3rd floor. I figure that's what I'm looking for to get to the bottom side of the 4th floor for the fire arrow. But how?

rocksfan13
03-19-2009, 10:23 PM
On your way to going up the 2nd time, where are you being stopped?

fajz
03-20-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm not being stopped anywhere. I just keep following the same path to the Freeze Boomer and can't figure out where to go differently to get to the east side of the 3rd floor.

rocksfan13
03-20-2009, 01:44 PM
From the entrance of the east side, go straight up, then follow to the right. Past where the map is. Take stairs up to floor 2, then left, down, then find the hidden wall to the right.
That will lead you to your next item.

fajz
03-20-2009, 09:21 PM
DIN's FIRE? Unreal. I've been expecting the Fire Arrow and I get DIN's FIRE. Good play dude. Wow. Before I head back to the west I have a quick question for you on the way to DIN's FIRE you have to fight a level 2 "spider" (I can never remember the proper names for all these critters) from there you can go west to get to Din's Fire or north. How do you get the chest in the SW corner to show up when you go north in this room?

rocksfan13
03-20-2009, 10:40 PM
They are called Gohma.
You have to push the block onto the button. It's only a potion.

fajz
03-21-2009, 12:40 AM
I won't go back for a potion. It's off to the west side. Any small clues before I start? I'll tackle it sometime tomorrow. Thanks for all the help.

rocksfan13
03-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Not really. Keep on the lookout for false walls.

fajz
03-24-2009, 07:58 AM
RockFan13,
I am 1 room from the boss and have yet another question. The room I'm in has a "Ball Of Fire" that I had to hit twice with the freeze boomer and he froze in the northwest corner of the room. My question is, There is a ball of fire in front of the button I need push to open the door to the west and I can't get rid of it. Can you help me out? I have hit the button with everything I have that I can throw at it with no luck. I'd say this is the last time I'll need help but there is one more room so you can never tell. Thanks yet again RockFan13.

rocksfan13
03-24-2009, 09:10 AM
The button means nothing.
Defeat the boss and everything will fall into place.
He should say something to you in the end and then you end up back in an empty room.

fajz
03-25-2009, 07:17 AM
I Have beaten your quest. 47+ hours and 118 deaths. That's a LOT of deaths for me. This quest is not for the faint of heart. I only hope the sequel is a little more player friendly. I do have to say though as hard and player unfriendly as this quest was I really did enjoy playing it.

rocksfan13
03-25-2009, 11:14 AM
I am planning on coming out with a more friendly quest. But It's hard to get into without having a job.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
The original is not as severe. ;)

Dmth[Link]
05-07-2009, 04:10 AM
I'm really liking this so far, but I'm stuck in level 2. After you push the blue jar and walk through the room with the Wallmasters and the hallway with the Zols, there's a room with an unlit candle, three blocks and some Stalfos. I have no idea how to get any of the blocks to cover the tile on the left side of the room, none of them will budge in that direction. Thanks in advance.

rocksfan13
05-07-2009, 10:20 AM
If I remember, you need to light the candle then push the block to right spot.

Dmth[Link]
05-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I know. After I light the candle the blocks move fine, except that none of them will budge on the left side of the screen. Because of this, I can't cover the tile by the right wall. I'm not entirely sure if this is a puzzle or a compatibility glitch or something.

rocksfan13
05-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Use one of the blocks on the top to cover the top right spot. Use 2 of the bottom ones to cover the rest, they can be pushed in any direction. You just need to figure out which way to move them to get a path clear.

kiai
01-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Hello,

I could use some help (in fact I must be pretty daft as the question I will ask have not all been asked before):
-I just can't get the blue armor. I have the sword, I reach the room with the chest, but I didn't found the way to cross the chasm. When I die I see that it get from 3 tile wide to one, but I didn't found the way to activate the change. Do I need the glove? (I am in level 4 new with the wand)
-In level 4 I have the wand, the magic potion. As you said earlier in this thread I went past the big wallet, then I activated the cristal with the wand, up, then right through the wall, down through the wall. There there are blocks I should push (yellow, brown and black), but I can't push anything. I tried to burn the yellow block but nothing happen. Do I need the glove?
-In level 4 I don't see the way to reach the boss...

Regards

rocksfan13
01-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Ok. The suit is not in level 4.
However, you have everything you need. I believe what you may be looking at is the Boss Key.
There is a combination to it. You do need the candle for the yellow ones, but only at a certain time.

kiai
01-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Ok. The suit is not in level 4.
However, you have everything you need. I believe what you may be looking at is the Boss Key.
There is a combination to it. You do need the candle for the yellow ones, but only at a certain time.

I found the place with the suit (in the level with the white sword), I just don't see how to reach it (I kill the darknuts, there are 2 spikes moving and a three tile wide chasm... and the chest on the other side, I just don't see how to reduce that chasm. I tried every thing from bomb to wand but nothing happened) .

Regarding the boss key, I tried to burn both of the yellow blocks, then I tried to push them (or any other block) but nothing happen, they just won't move. Any information regarding this "moment" to burn or push the block (I don't have any sound on my linux system where I play this quest).
By the way even if it is really hard I really enjoy your quest.
Thanks