PDA

View Full Version : No mobile phone is worth this

rock_nog
10-28-2008, 06:32 PM
LMAO, apparently a passenger on a French train managed to get his arm stuck in the train toilet. It seems he dropped his phone into the toilet, reached in to fish it out, and accidentally flushed it - the high-pressure suction then causing his arm to become stuck. The absolute worst part is that firefighters had to saw the toilet off and stretcher him out, toilet still attached to his hand.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7693386.stm

Beldaran
10-28-2008, 07:05 PM
If my phone even barely touched the toilet seat, I would pick it up with a tissue, throw it away, and order a new one.

/OCD

Aegix Drakan
10-28-2008, 09:00 PM
EWWWWWWWW. >_<

That is GROSSS.

If I dropped something in a toilet, that would be it.

Hell, I usually wash my hands before picking up my DS, so...I think you can imagine...

Archibaldo
10-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Considering cell phones are like 150$ a pop, I'd stick my hand in the toilet if it means saving $150+. Plus it's not like he knew he was going to get stuck.

Trevelyan_06
10-28-2008, 10:34 PM
When anything drops into a toilet you need to ask yourself a few questions. One, Is this a public toilet? If the answer is yes then most likely unless it some ultra-rare family antique you should probably just write it off. Two, Is this a hard item to replace? I mean, sure phones are expensive, but they aren't THAT expensive. You can always get one of the cheap throw aways to use till you get a better replacement. Three, Is there any chance of this ending in an embarassing way? If he's ridden the train before he should have known that the toilet uses high pressure suctions. This should have been a big tip off that he didn't want to go stick various parts of his body in there.

Pryme8
10-28-2008, 11:11 PM
damn i was hoping it would of had pictures!

Shazza Dani
10-29-2008, 12:43 AM
EWWWWWWWW. >_<

That is GROSSS.

If I dropped something in a toilet, that would be it.

Hell, I usually wash my hands before picking up my DS, so...I think you can imagine...

I wash my hands before and after I touch anything.

/OCD

Zaphod Q. IX
10-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Three, Is there any chance of this ending in an embarassing way?
If people asked themselves that, we would have much less free entertainment.

Seriously though...I've asked myself that on many occasions, and the answer has affected my choices more than once. It's kept me out of the news. ;)