PDA

View Full Version : About the Classic and Extended Letter Grids

XMuppetSB
10-27-2008, 06:42 PM
I see that the Classic and Extended letter grids have recently been added... I have only one problem... How do you exit those damn letter grids without having to enter at least one character for a new save file? Seriously, I can't find any damn way to cancel the name registration when using the letter grid no matter what button I press.

Pineconn
10-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Also... Is it me, or is the B button buggy? Like, if you ever press it, you can't type in another letter until you wrap around back to the first letter.

XMuppetSB
10-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Also... Is it me, or is the B button buggy? Like, if you ever press it, you can't type in another letter until you wrap around back to the first letter.

As far as name registration with the keyboard goes, that's been thoroughly corrected. So, instead of using the B-Button to cancel name registration via the keyboard, they reset that cancellation button to the escape key, since some ZC users used the Z key as the B-Button, thus preventing them from entering names containing the letter Z. In other words, canceling the name registration with the B-Button was actually an intentional bug in previous builds that has been fixed in at least the latest build.

As for name registration with the letter grids, they must have forgotten to set a cancellation button for that one...

Pineconn
10-27-2008, 10:31 PM
As for name registration with the letter grids, they must have forgotten to set a cancellation button for that one...

Yeah, that's what I meant. :p

Dark Nation
10-28-2008, 09:15 AM
I don't have it with me at the moment, so if anyone can check... How do you cancel name registration in Zelda 1?

Brandon
10-28-2008, 09:35 AM
A Button selects a letter.
B Button creates a space.
Start doesn't do anything.
Select moves the cursor down a file.
Moving down to the REGISTER text seems to be the only way to exit the naming process.

Dark Nation
10-28-2008, 11:19 AM
In ZC, you can only edit names one at a time. Hmmm... Does the escape key work to cancel name edit mode?

XMuppetSB
10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
In ZC, you can only edit names one at a time. Hmmm... Does the escape key work to cancel name edit mode?

Only with the keyboard, not with the letter grids.

Nicholas Steel
10-28-2008, 10:08 PM
what do you mean? do you think there should be a "end" symbol on the letter grid for people to choose when done entering there name?

XMuppetSB
10-28-2008, 10:17 PM
That would be a great idea, because in the NES game, there was and end button just below the 3rd save file.:thumbsup:

ShadowTiger
10-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Er .. Whatever happened to the NES Controller's "Select" Button? It definitely had one (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Di5jNC9MyXGKJM:http://david.dearden.ca/images/controler_nes.jpg).

Nicholas Steel
10-28-2008, 10:25 PM
we dont want to use a hotkey for it in case some noob configures it to a letter then complains they can't use that letter in there name...

ShadowTiger
10-28-2008, 10:27 PM
we dont want to use a hotkey for it in case some noob configures it to a letter then complains they can't use that letter in there name...You can do that with any key.

... And not just the any key. :p