PDA

View Full Version : The ZC Winter Olympics... are you ready?

Din
10-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, how's your skill in Zelda playing? Is it good? Okay, now for the reason I made this thread. Calling all ZC Players! I've noticed countless quest-making contests, but how many quest-playing contests? This is to test your mettle, it's a contest royale between the ZC players of AGN! If you wish to enter, please look at the basic rules below.

Okay, here's how it works... it's a simple "stage" based few quests, each with a point system intact. The player with the most points in a specific stage gets an item reward for the remainder of the olympics. The player with the least points, is eliminated.

Okay, so you know how you lose the olympics, if you have the least amount of points, you'll be kicked off. Don't dismay if that happens, however! You did your best, and should be proud of yourself for competing! Anyway, the point system will be done by taking a screenshot of the subscreen and showing it. Hidden items and extra rupees will boost your final score, while your points go down for the extra time you take, and damage you have in the final part. So retry the quest until you think you did your best.

Rules:

1. Meet the deadline. For each stage, there's a deadline which all players must meet. If you are busy, PM me and I can extend the deadline for you! If you don't tell me, well, I can't help you. Because if you don't say anything and don't submit, I can't help you, and you have a score of 0, and thus, you are immediately disqualified.

2. Is there a tie in points for some odd reason? Well, that's the part where it gets fun. The players who tied will immediately go to the Crystal Mountain area, for a little race to just get to the finish with the least amount of time!

3. No cheating! Everyone I know at AGN has a good heart, and I'm sure none of you would do this, but just in case, I have ways of making sure nobody's cheating from the shot of the subscreen. If ever I catch anyone cheating, there will be immediate disqualification!

Okay, now here are the stages of the olympics. Note that each stage has a hidden item exclusively to add points, and make the next parts easier. Although nobody has discovered them, and as such they aren't listed on the stage descriptions below. Also, you may take a hit to points, putting you in grave danger to elimination, considering they are well hidden and take valuable time.

1. Lost Woods: Players must make their way through a maze-like area, running into enemies such as Deku Scrubs, Octoroks, and more! The sword and candle are said to be hidden here. Burn any trees out of the ordinary to find secrets. The Great Deku is in the heart of the forest, and will kill any who trespass.

2. Lake Hylia: Players must swim through treacherous waters, fighting their way through Zolas, Tektites, and more. The raft is rumored to be hidden here. There's also said to be an item that allows one to have the feet of the fish. King Zora lies at the Waterfall of Wishing, barring the bath forward.

3. Kakariko Village: This is to test player's treasure hunting skills. There is a shop to buy an item you may need along the journey. In addition, there's a potion shop for those whom have taken the path of riches. But the challenge lies deep below the village. There's a secret entrance to a subterranian realm in the village somewhere, where a wide variety of underworld monsters inhabit. If one is diligent with searching, they may find a contraption that allows one to play music. They can also find an item to give one the body weight of a Helmaroc. Speaking of which, a Helmaroc lies somewhere in this underground realm, searching for adventurers.

4. Gerudo Desert: Full of quicksand and cacti, one would often avoid this desert. It seems to suck the very life out of any who pass. Despite this, a pirate ship is buried deep beneath the sand. The only access to one may be through a quicksand pit. A curved tool is rumored to be found here, along with a bow that shoots arrows made of magic. In the pirate ship, there is a Stalfos Captain which commands an entire army. One must be on their guard!

5. Death Mountain: A truly dangerous mountain filled with magma and fireballs. The Magic Shield will serve one well here, if you bought one in Kakariko and didn't lose it to Like-Likes! This will be the final challenge in the competition, but not the end of the game, necessarily...

6. ???: All I can say is that the Olympics will be given purpose now, and one will enter a dark storyline, the remaining competitors must do the impossible task. Many will enter, but only one will come out.

More locations are forthcoming.

Anyway, registration ends December 31st, 2008, after which all players will be given the first stage. So, what are you waiting for? PM me, Din, for entry to the Olympics. If you don't register, you can't participate! If you do PM me, fill out a form like so:

Name: (forum name).
*Perferred Name to be referenced to: (there will be interaction with other competitors in the actual quest, so this is the name you will use inside the actual quest).
*Mood: (if your player has a specific mood in the quest, please list it here. Once again, interaction will be based on this).
Story: (the player's background. This will only be used to introduce the character in the very first announcer part. After this, there is little to no reference to the story, though it may also influence how you act).
Perferred Exit: (if by some chance your character gets kicked off, in the introduction to the next part of the quest, when all the points are tallied, your character will leave the olympics in the perferred exit you described. This can be anywhere from a whirlwind sweeping your character up from the whistle, to death).
Hardest Challenge Accomplished: (doesn't have to do with your character, but will have to do with the difficulty. If everyone 0-gamed DemoEX, for example, the olympics will have gung-ho difficulty. Likewise, a lower accomplishment for players, results in less difficulty.)
*Tiles: (This is optional, but if you have tiles you've been wanting to use, feel free to say so, I would love to have different looking tiles for the different players. They must fit into DoR).

Anything marked is optional.

Here's who is registered so far...

Slot 1: Russadwan
Slot 2: GrayOx