PDA

View Full Version : An overdue update

Cloral
10-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I was changing my signature yesterday to highlight my most recent project, and I realized that I hadn't every told anyone here that things had changed for me this past year. Most of you probably thought I was still working on the MLB series of games.

Back in March, the studio I worked for merged with a studio in the bay area. Our studio was shut down, and we were asked to move up there. Rather than do that, I decided to look for new work. Luckily, the other studio in my area was hiring, and I got a job there. The studio is Left Field. Their past work includes Excitebike 64, the MTX series, and the World Series of Poker series. The game in production when I joined was SCORE International: Baja 1000, which, as you can see by my signature, goes on sale next week.

Left Field is in Ventura, which is about 10 miles west from Camarillo where I used to live. Rather than commute each day I decided to move and got a new apartment in Ventura (which as it so happens is $200 cheaper per month than where I was living). This meant I could bike to work, which was nice as I didn't have to pay out the ass when gas was $4.60 a gallon here.

So that's where I am now. For the first time in my professional career I'm working on games that aren't baseball games. It's a nice change of pace for sure. Though I miss the people from the old studio, after working with them for 3 1/2 years.

Prrkitty
10-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Congrats hon! Cheaper apartment and no gas bill is ALWAYS a good thing :) More money to save or spend as "mad money" :)

The_Amaster
10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Cool! What exactly is it that you do?

Glitch
10-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Awesome, it's been kinda cool to see your career progress like it has.

Flash Man
10-22-2008, 10:32 PM
This meant I could bike to work, which was nice as I didn't have to pay out the ass when gas was $4.60 a gallon here.

That is pretty unfortunate. I am lucky to only pay $2.89 per gallon here in Portland. Although my wife and I only have one car, and being the nice guy I am I ride the bus to work. It is a miserable total of 30 miles, but its quite a bit of gas not to use.

Congratulations on the new job though!