PDA

View Full Version : Beldaran Weighs Moving to San Francisco

Beldaran
10-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Beldaran Weighs Moving to San Francisco. (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93V4U0O0&show_article=1)

rock_nog
10-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Don't do it, Bel! God hates San Francisco enough as it is - this'll probably just send Him over the edge and He'll go all Sodom and Gomorrah on their asses. You don't want to get smited, do you?

Shazza Dani
10-21-2008, 07:19 PM
inb4 Beldaran gets an STD.

Icey
10-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Haha, enjoy your multitude of sexual transmitted diseases, San Francisco...

Modus Ponens
10-21-2008, 11:07 PM
As if they didn't already have them. As if prostitution didn't already occur there.

Icey
10-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Oh, I know that they do and it does. But once you legalize it more people desiring such services will move there, and that will expand the incidence of STDs.

San Francisco is actually a great city, though, regardless of the less savory aspects of it.

The Desperado
10-22-2008, 12:20 AM
OMG. I packing my bags. If you dont hear from me for a few weeks, its cause i got a terminal case of gonneria.

g.iaroos
10-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Well at least now prostitutes will be able to call for help if they are mistreated.

Archibaldo
10-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Oh great, now they're going to unionize. So long cheap sex, prices are going to go up for health benefits, dental care, sick days, personal days, etc.

AlphaDawg
10-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh great, now they're going to unionize. So long cheap sex, prices are going to go up for health benefits, dental care, sick days, personal days, etc.
It could happen... after all, San Francisco is home to the Lusty Lady (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusty_Lady), a unionized peep show. (I found that out from Playboy... proof I read the articles!)

Now that that's out of the way... Beldaran, you're a married man, why would you move to San Fransicko just for this? Now, if you were to move there because of In and Out Burger, that I could get behind!

Icey
10-23-2008, 12:19 AM
Okay, AlphaDawg, whatever disagreements I may have with you - you solidified my respect for you. Any non-Californian who knows the awesomeness that is In-N-Out is good in my book.

phattonez
10-23-2008, 12:26 AM
If you legalize prostitution, then you can actually get it from a respectable place of business instead of off of the street, so if you think about it, STDs may actually go down.

bigjoe
10-23-2008, 12:56 AM
...Is this "Patricia West" for sale? She's kinda hot. In that "I don't give a crap." way. ROWR

I will make her my slave, and I will kill every husband she is pregnant for.

AlphaDawg
10-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Okay, AlphaDawg, whatever disagreements I may have with you - you solidified my respect for you. Any non-Californian who knows the awesomeness that is In-N-Out is good in my book.I first experienced the awesomeness that is In-n-Out Burger when I was vacationing in San Francisco back in '03. I was smitten. I didn't want to leave.

Daarkseid
10-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Okay, AlphaDawg, whatever disagreements I may have with you - you solidified my respect for you. Any non-Californian who knows the awesomeness that is In-N-Out is good in my book.

Holy shit, I've only ever been able to eat there because of regular time spent in Sacramento. Its reputation is damn well deserved.

rock_nog
10-23-2008, 07:17 AM
If you legalize prostitution, then you can actually get it from a respectable place of business instead of off of the street, so if you think about it, STDs may actually go down.
That's a good point. If it's legal, it can be regulated. It'd be safer for the girls, for the Johns, etc. I mean, I get that people don't like to acknowledge that this stuff goes on, but outlawing it won't magically make it go away - all you do is drive it underground, which creates all sorts of problems on its own.

g.iaroos
10-23-2008, 07:59 AM
That's a good point. If it's legal, it can be regulated. It'd be safer for the girls, for the Johns, etc. I mean, I get that people don't like to acknowledge that this stuff goes on, but outlawing it won't magically make it go away - all you do is drive it underground, which creates all sorts of problems on its own.

Back in the renaissance days, they had prostitution houses, the red lights they called it I think. They were ran by women and they ensured that the place was well run and that no harm would come to any of the, hum..., employees. All the stuff was done on-site.

Lilith
10-29-2008, 11:58 PM
---

Beldaran
10-30-2008, 12:19 AM
don't do it, warm weather bums are fucking horrible

You don't have to lecture me on warm weather bums. I live in Waco. :laughing:

If you drive around after midnight, its like Night of the Living Dead, except instead of gnarled, inhuman zombies wandering around searching for prey, there are gnarled, inhuman crackheads shuffling about, bothering people in the drive through line at McDonalds.

Pryme8
10-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Welcome to California!

Brasel
10-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Legalized Prostitution in countries other than the US make it safer for the prostitutes and their customers. They have to be clean to be able to legally sell sex. Its the same in Nevada, outside of Vegas, in Germany, and more than likely San Fran if they legalize it.

EDIT

After reading the article, it seems to me like my point is wrong. Decriminalizing just for the sake to spend less money apprehending prostitution doesn't seem like it would make anything all that much better other than the spending the city would be doing. Yeah, I really need to read first, post later.

Pryme8
10-31-2008, 11:47 AM
the main reason they don't want it legalized to to prevent human trafficking

rock_nog
10-31-2008, 11:56 AM
the main reason they don't want it legalized to to prevent human trafficking
Actually, human trafficking is already a pretty big industry, helped by the fact that prostitution is illegal and thus forced underground. Once again, I think legalizing and regulating it would greatly reduce the problem.

Icey
10-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah, but as Anthony pointed out, they are considering legalizing it to save money that would be spent aprehending prostitutes... enforcing regulations would probably cost the same, or more. So it seems kind of doubtful that this is what they were aiming for.

Archibaldo
10-31-2008, 05:55 PM
I think they realized it was a lost cause. So why keep throwing money at it?