PDA

View Full Version : ZScript Language Reference

Dark Nation
10-20-2008, 06:52 AM
http://darknation.shardstorm.com/Book/ZeldaClassicZScriptLanguageReferenceCover.jpg

That was a mock-up.

ZScript Language Reference (http://darknation.shardstorm.com/Book/ZScriptLanguageReference.pdf)
This is not. It's an excerpt from the PDF version I am working on.

Thoughts?

Din
10-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Ooh, a Zelda Classic book... good idea! I really need this for scripting. I look at pretty much every single tutorial, and I'm still stumped. Also, I like how you incorporated the icons into the side of the book. Nice idea!

Russ
10-20-2008, 11:01 AM
I like the idea. Just put the book at the top of the reference page. :)

Elmensajero
10-20-2008, 12:14 PM
This is pretty cool. Are you planning on including the methods/properties of the various objects as well as the global functions? If so, this would be really useful, instead of having to switch between various pages of the wiki. Also, that is an awesome image! :D

Dark Nation
10-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Yes, it will include all functions, properties, and the like. Maybe even example code and "See Also" sections. For instance, the RadianCos function would list RadianSin, RadianTan, Cos, Sin, and Tan in the See Also section.

Sephiroth
10-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Ooh neat. Stuff like this could also be found on the Wiki too. :)

ShadowTiger
10-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Can you also include two examples each of its use, such as in two contexts? I.e. there wouldn't only be a description of it, but of how it'd be used within actual code, (Properly highlighted of course.) so people wouldn't have to guess, and could learn it on their own without having to ask someone else. Context is so very, very important these days.

The_Amaster
10-20-2008, 06:48 PM
I like I like. This will help with my experamentations extremely.

Majora
10-20-2008, 08:51 PM
yay, now maybe I can learn it on my own and my dozens of unfulfilled requests may finally see the light of day.

lucas92
10-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Well, isn't zscript.txt doing the job? All the documentation needed is here...

But cool idea. Something that would be useful is a tutorial that shows the steps of the creation of a custom boss or of something else complex... That would be awesome... But that's not the point of this topic anyway. :p

Beta Link
10-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I must say I'm liking this idea. 8) I hope it gets completed, it would help me oh so very much. But of course, until then, we still have the wiki, which I've found to also be extremely helpful.