PDA

View Full Version : Mother 3 Fan Translation - English patch v1.0 RELEASED!

Revfan9
10-17-2008, 11:46 AM
http://mother3.fobby.net

Download/Play/Discuss/Give me money

g.iaroos
10-17-2008, 12:09 PM
I know a friend of mine who will be VERY happy with that :D

Anthus
10-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Finally. It only took about four years...

MottZilla
10-18-2008, 03:51 AM
Finally. It only took about four years...

What do you want for free eh?

Russ
10-18-2008, 12:54 PM
I think we can all anticipate my reaction.

YAY! W00T! Me Happy! YAY! *Goes off to play nonstop for two weeks*

SpacemanDan
10-18-2008, 01:33 PM
I've been waiting to play Mother 3 for quite some time now. Can't wait to start. :D

Anthus
10-18-2008, 09:27 PM
What do you want for free eh?

I'm not really that ungrateful :P

I think it is great that it finally got done. It was good of them to have a real translator, and a huge EB fan do it. I'm getting to the end of Chapter one now.

Thank you, Mato.

Russ
10-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Wow. That plot twist in chapter 1 was unexpected, and very sad. I almost hope the whole game's like that.

Aegix Drakan
10-19-2008, 12:46 PM
:o

About friggen time. I AM GOING TO GO PLAY THIS ASAP.

Russ
10-19-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm on Chapter 2 now. It feels like a Zelda RPG! Such a fun game. A comedy and a tragedy blended together perfectly.

Masamune
10-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I was thinking Lucas would be the main protagonist like Ness was in Earthbound. I seem to be mistaken so far, unless something changes sometime soon.

Revfan9
10-19-2008, 04:33 PM
(Spoiler alert, for the crazy ppl)

It isn't like Earthbound where you start off as the Main Character and play as him through the whole game. You switch perspectives at several points. Lucas is still the main character tho, as you do play as him for the majority of the game.

Anthus
10-19-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't like Chapter 3 -.-

I mean... seriously.

Russ
10-19-2008, 07:29 PM
At least you can get there. I used most of my items on the Dark Knight, and now I can'y beat Mr. Passion. :(

Revfan9
10-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Here's a tip: The ghost at the top of the ladder (right before the Ghost Knight, which was an optional fight as I'm sure you now know) will trade you a beef jerky for 1 Rotten Eclair.

Also, the ghost downstairs that's gorging himself will give you a rotten eclair if you talk to him, you just have to answer his question correctly. If you don't have any on hand, say "yes". If you do, say "no". You can get infinite Beef Jerky's this way.

Masamune
10-19-2008, 08:15 PM
At least you can get there. I used most of my items on the Dark Knight, and now I can'y beat Mr. Passion. :(

Sleep him. Use your defense and offense lowering abilities until they do not work. While enemies are asleep, you can hear their "heartbeat" If you tap the attack button to the beat of their heartbeat, you can hit them multiple times and usually get around 100 damage total if you hit them 16 times successfully. Sleep him again when he wakes up.

Anthus
10-19-2008, 11:19 PM
I level ground to 15, then put him to sleep, and lowered is offense AND made him cry... I also went and got a bunch of edible mushrooms from the leeches in the cave near the entrance. I was over leveled, and killed him in about five or six turns. This was after he beat me many times... I also was low on HP (from the stupid ghost horses) and recovery items.

As for the Ghost Knight, you can kill his sword and shield separately prior to the battle by approaching them. This makes him a regular ghost armor ;)

Revfan9
10-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Use a Smoke Bomb as well, it'll make his attacks miss often.

Russ
10-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Here's a tip: The ghost at the top of the ladder (right before the Ghost Knight, which was an optional fight as I'm sure you now know) will trade you a beef jerky for 1 Rotten Eclair.

Also, the ghost downstairs that's gorging himself will give you a rotten eclair if you talk to him, you just have to answer his question correctly. If you don't have any on hand, say "yes". If you do, say "no". You can get infinite Beef Jerky's this way.
Th Ghost Knight was optional? :banghead: Oh well. Thanks for the beef jerky tip!

Sleep him. Use your defense and offense lowering abilities until they do not work. While enemies are asleep, you can hear their "heartbeat" If you tap the attack button to the beat of their heartbeat, you can hit them multiple times and usually get around 100 damage total if you hit them 16 times successfully. Sleep him again when he wakes up.That's what I've been trying to do. However, the sleep thing generally doesn't work the second time.

As for the Ghost Knight, you can kill his sword and shield separately prior to the battle by approaching them. This makes him a regular ghost armor ;)Oh. That's why they were on separate pedestools.

Anthus
10-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Use a Smoke Bomb as well, it'll make his attacks miss often.

Yeah, that's what I meant by make him cry. This really helps when he 'sends things flying'.

Oh. That's why they were on separate pedestools.

Yeah, I noticed it as I was going into battle with him. I got owned; half intentionally, so I could try again to kill his weapons separately.

Slight Spoilers involving music:
When I heard the band in Chapter 4 perform, I got goosebumps. It was the song from the really old "Earthbound 64" trailer.

Old N64 Mother 3 Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pcd9VnnXSQ) | Concert. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5RORbV_TEc&feature=related)

Russ
10-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Isn't that song just a remix if Pokey's theme? Besides, mother 3 is a 2D version of EarthBound 64, so it's probabaly the same scene from the trailer anyways.

Anyways, I beat Mr. Passion. And Clayman. After fighting Passion, Clayman was a peice of cake. :)

Masamune
10-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Have fun killing that fucking Jealous Bass. Jesus christ.

Russ
10-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm taking that as a warning that there's a very hard boss coming up. Joy.

Anthus
10-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Have fun killing that fucking Jealous Bass. Jesus christ.

I am.. Believe me. This guy sucks, and you can't approach his things first.

Russ
10-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Well, I finished Chapter 2 pretty easily. On to Chapter 3!

Anthus
10-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Seriously. Level 15, and he kills me before I can even get two or three hits in. There has got to be something I'm missing. I managed to take out his cohorts once, and thought I stood a good chance, but again, owned. I saw a video of this guy using a bunch of Sprinting bombs, and it worked well. The problem is I don't know where to get a bunch. I only have one.

_L_
10-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Having played this game, I'm surprised at how much pity I felt for the chimeras that you fight throughout the game. Those poor unnatural creatures.

Russ
10-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Having played this game, I'm surprised at how much pity I felt for the chimeras that you fight throughout the game. Those poor unnatural creatures.
Same here. The battle against Meca-Drago is one of my favorite bosses ever, just because of the idea. The idea was perfect, the music was perfect, now just make it 3D in the middle of a thunderstorm and it would be perfect! :D

Revfan9
10-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Did you buy some Pencil Rockets for Boney? Just have Lucas spam PK Love and have Boney spam Pencil Rockets and you'll do fine.

Anthus
10-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Okay, I'll try it. I'll kiss my GP goodbye.

Revfan9
10-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Most of his lethal power comes from the combo attacks with the other 2 enemies in the bossfight, 1-2 PK Love attacks should kill off the others and render him helpless.

Anthus
10-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah, but I can only buy two pencil rockets :\

Russ
10-21-2008, 10:11 PM
I hate the Jealous Bass. So dang hard. Where can I buy Pencil Rockets?

Anthus
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
From the mouse at the entrance of the attic. They are 500GP a piece. Not cheap. I have to level grind just to get some money since I only have a little over 1000.

Russ
10-22-2008, 01:43 PM
I think I just need one. Right now, I'm at the point where in the first turn, I can take out the quitar, but not the drum, and the drum and bass kill either Boney or Lucas, and from there it's over in one turn. I just need enough firepower to take out both the guitar and the drum in the first turn.

mrz84
10-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Nice. A translation patch. Now if onyl my pc at home could get on then et. :sweat:

Russ
10-22-2008, 11:54 PM
I beat the Jealous Bass. All it took was two levels up and two more pencil rockets. And I was going to update my avatar in honor of the translation, but appearently the file's too large. :(

Anthus
10-23-2008, 09:42 PM
I beat him too. I got all the way to the second Pork Trooper fight -.-'

Russ
10-24-2008, 12:00 PM
You mean the one in Chapter 5? I beat him first time. Well, Duster, Kumatora and Boney were all dead, and Lucas had just taken mortal damage, but by some miracle I beat him. :)

Anthus
10-24-2008, 02:20 PM
If you show him anything DCMC, he won't attack for a few turns. I finished Chapter 5.

Russ
10-24-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm on the Chapter 5 boss. At least, I assume it's the boss. The giant trash pile. I loved trying to sniff it. "The stench was too much for Boney to handle!"

Russ
11-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Wow, this thread died.

So, I beat the game. Anybody else beat it yet?

Aegix Drakan
11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Still gettin my ass kicked by that stinkin' jealous bass.

... -_- I need to grind. I do one PK Awesome (AKA, PK Love), and then have my dog fire off a sprinting bomb...and that takes care of the guitar.

Then the boss WTF pwns me with a series of combos that take out my poor little doggy before I can heal it. Death usually follows in the next turn.

I just found out now about the pencil rockets... I think I'll go stock up on them.

BTW, I must say...they did an awesome job on the translation. absolutely incredible. *applauds*

Russ
11-03-2008, 07:50 PM
What you just described is the same thing that happened to me. Go back to Kumatora's appartment. Fight enemies, and use her hot spring to heal. Do this to level up to about level 17-19. Then, buy some pencil rockets for Boney. In the first turn, use a pencil rocket and PK Love. This should get rid of the guiter and the drum. This leaves only the bass, who will be a lot easier now.

Anthus
11-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm on the Guardian Statue. I stopped playing for a good week because I was stuck on New Fassad. I loaded up on Super Bombs and took car of him though,

ZeldaFan001
11-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Big Mother fan here. I beat this English Translation a week after it was released, and it was also my first playthrough. (I did play up to Chapter 4 in the Japanese version with an English guide, but then I saw the translation was nearing completion and quit). I didn't get 100% completion with all the enemies, and I died a few times, but did fairly well. Definitely recommend playing.

Russ
11-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I stopped playing for a good week because I was stuck on New Fassad.
Guess what?

http://www.freewebs.com/russad/Fassad2.PNG

In new Pork City, before you go into the sewers, stock up on Super Bombs from the Pig Mask underneath the Pig King Statue. Otherwise, you'll never beat this guy.

Anthus
11-10-2008, 02:07 PM
*O___O

Man. I thought he was just a joke.. I didn't think people where serious when they said he comes back ;-;

Well, I'm currently on the Guardian Trio. I think I need to level grind, and get PSI Counter Ω, if that even exists. His PK Fire Ω is quite a nuisance when is does nearly 200 to everyone, and I have to spend more time using items, and recovery PSI then actually fighting them.

Masamune
12-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Anyone else beat it yet? I really liked the ending. But is there anything after the 'End?' screen?

Russ
12-13-2008, 03:00 PM
I beat it, and I'm now on my second go through on my DS, chapter three.

Anyways, at the end screen, if you walk around, it will trigger several conversation, in which you will learn several things, including

A. Everybody survived

B. Flint finally gets his door knob back

C. Kumatora and Duster are going to start dating

D. And somehow everybody knows that you were controlling them all. Strange.

As for the ending, I almost started crying. I'm a real whimp at stuff like that, and I was expecting a happy ending like the other Mother games had.