PDA

View Full Version : Alternate music

Dracula9009
10-16-2008, 05:58 AM
I have zc2.10 build number 0. What I need help with is that I wanted to put my own music in the game (not MIDI MP3) I saw this option in editing dmaps. I went under music and I saw MIDI and alternate music underneath it. How do I get it to use the alternate music instead of midi?

ShadowTiger
10-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Alternate music is moot. It does nothing now, and is in fact removed in later builds. Just the Dmap's "T. Music" instead. It uses tracker files, such as .mod, .it, etc.

You can get those from mirsoft.info

Dracula9009
10-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Does that mean I can't play .mp3 files as the overworld? Or the dungeons? I wanted to have some really spooky sounds play while you roam around... I can't play that kind of file can I?

Link
10-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Does that mean I can't play .mp3 files as the overworld? Or the dungeons? I wanted to have some really spooky sounds play while you roam around... I can't play that kind of file can I?

You can but you have to include the MP3 files in your quests' ZIP file.

Dracula9009
10-16-2008, 04:09 PM
How would I do that? I am kind of new to this?

ShadowTiger
10-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Well, you can't "build it into" the quest file like a midi, so you'll have to keep it in the same folder as the quest file (Which really should all be in the same folder as the executables (ZQuest and Zelda...) anyway. So just keep everything in the same folder on your end.

On the people who play your quest .. 's end, they'll need the MP3 as well, with the same name and everything, so that's why you'll want to zip it either in or separate from your quest file, so they'll get it just as you have it.

Otherwise, yeah, try to put it in the "Alternate Music" area. Just try it. Couldn't hurt.

fruitvark
10-17-2008, 05:30 AM
How would I do that? I am kind of new to this?

Dracula, when you have the MP3 in the same folder as your .qst file, the editor will find it automatically. When you go into dmaps and you go to alternate music, the editor knows to list all the mp3's in the .qst file's folder.